QB Report from the Combine

simpleman

Why was Russ Wilson a third round pick? Sometimes scouts miss. Go back and look at the draft Fitz was in, bet he had a better career than at least half of the QB's taken before him.

Yeah, I know. Thanks.

The real point is that even with all the criticisms of this crop of Qb's, these guys apparently are much better propects than Fitz was, and project to be better pros. "Better than Fitz" is what we are looking for (at the very least), so that's a good place to start.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not say what you want to hear, therefore he is a DUFUS. Well Maycock agreed about Smith.

"I want to bang the table because I want to like Geno Smith," Mayock said. "But there's just too many inconsistencies on tape for me to say that Kansas City or anyone that high should take him."

First off I was taking about Nassib, not Geno Smith. I didn't tout any of of those QB's as first round picks either.

All I did was question this mans ability to judge college talent considering what he is stating about Nassib. Instead of slamming me for slamming him, why don't you elaborate on Doug Farrar's elite scouting skills. Go on, do some research and tell me what makes this guy even worth reading!!

"Hi Guys...You miss me yet??? All this talk about other QB options really pees me off. I will be back this Fall so stop your research and deal with it."

Sincerely - Ryan

RyanFitzpatrickA.jpg

LMAO!!!

Seems to me a lot of info. But, what kind? Mis info? Or truth?

The comment on Nassib... "maxing out on the mental aspects" WTF? The kids a gym rat, film junky, and an academic all american who graduated almost a year ago.

Whoever came up with that gem clearly has his head up his a$$.

You misread the writer's intent. It was a compliment.

I have a nagging feeling that Tyler Wilson will end up being the best QB out of this draft.

And yet Farrar never mentioned him. Wilson is at the combine, isn't he?

Sorry i just can't put a whole lot of stock into what the talking heads say. last year these same scouts said Russell Wilson was barely a top 100 player. If you were to re-draft 2012 he goes top 5. I like Bray, he'll be there in the 2nd round and maybe early 3rd. None of these other guys do it for me, especially in the first round.

These same scouts? This piece was written by Doug Farrar. You're tilting at windmills a bit here.

Where is the report on Wilson? Seems like a pretty imcomplete report.

And finally at #30, the obvious question was asked.

Who the heck is Doug Farrar, and what has he done in life that qualifies him as an elite draft scout? Not a darn thing from what I can find on the guy! Why do you guys read crap from a Seattle beat writer and think it is the gospel.

Who thinks it's gospel? It's simply the basis for a conversation.

I saw this guy in person at the Holiday Bowl and boy did he impress me. I knew nothing about him but he came out and dominated the first half of play.

Nick Florence. How did he play in the second half?

I watched the QBs at the combine and the inaccuracy displayed by the prospects was disturbing. The NFL talking heads alluded to it. This QB class is looking like it will be average and have some success. It will be dependent on the offensive system if any will be a champion. Next year might be the year to draft a true QB of the future. Bills 2013 will build the defense through the draft and have a sttrong running game.

Why is no one talking about Scott? He is the best read-option guy out there. There is nothing wrong with his arm and he can really run. Given how weak this QB class is, I don't see why this guy isn't getting more attention.

My boy Matt Scott getting some praise

Arizona's Matt Scott is someone I hear a bit about as a developmental prospect, living in Pac-12 country as I do. He didn't do anything to hurt himself during Sunday afternoon's drills, showing off a good arm and nice velocity on longer throws

Nick Florence. How did he play in the second half?

I don't think he threw more than two or three passes in the second half since Baylor was routing UCLA by halftime. He looked fantastic basically every time the ball was in his hands. Impressed me far more than any of the Pac-12 QBs I had seen in person this past year at the Rose Bowl (I caught Matt Scott and Barkley during perhaps their worst performances of the season). It's all moot though, since he's announced he is not going to pursue a career in the NFL.

I don't think he threw more than two or three passes in the second half since Baylor was routing UCLA by halftime. He looked fantastic basically every time the ball was in his hands. Impressed me far more than any of the Pac-12 QBs I had seen in person this past year at the Rose Bowl (I caught Matt Scott and Barkley during perhaps their worst performances of the season). It's all moot though, since he's announced he is not going to pursue a career in the NFL.

Wow. He really had a tremendous senior year.

Interestiing that he's not even entertaining a shot at the NFL.

1 month ago, you had to walk sideways to avoid all the nassiboners on TBD. Since his combine though, you can't hear a PEEP out of his supporters. Sure am glad that chit wore off. Now It's time for Marrone & co. to take that "cold shower" of truth. If Ansah is on the board @8 and we pass, I'm making a citizens arrest on Buddy.

-Go defense Rds 1&2!

Edited by #34fan

Long time Bills fan, and have been living in Raleigh, NC for the past 15 years. I follow Notre Dame passionately but admittedly I am no expert on college football. However, I do get to see a lot of the NC State games and they are the dominant local coverage for sports radio and newspaper when it comes to football. From what I have seen, and from what avid NC State fans have told me I hope that we don't waste a pick on Mike Glennon. In game situations he doesn't effectively push the ball down field, rather he often looks like a big, strong armed version of Captain Checkdown Trent Edwards. He has all the measurables and a great arm (so much so that they willingly let Russel Wilson transfer to Wisconsin), but unlike R.Wilson he does not appear to rise to the occasion during the game.

I hope one of the other QBs work out for us, it's been too long since we have had excellent QB play. I just hope we don't take Glennon.

We all agree that a team needs the main 3 pieces QB, RB and WR. We have the RB let's grab the receiver this year and get our QB next.

Our esteemed GM thought that QB was Fitzpatrick and WR was TJ Graham so that he chose not to pick a real QB instead of Graham. Our loss was Seattles gain.

I saw this guy in person at the Holiday Bowl and boy did he impress me. I knew nothing about him but he came out and dominated the first half of play. Made every throw in the book and had total command of the pocket and his offense. Looked like a really mobile guy too. Would love if we took a flyer on him as a late round pick or UDFA.

He's (Nick Florence) giving up football.

Edited by mob16151

Cleveland misses: 2007 Brady Quinn rd 1 #22 , 2010 Colt Mc Coy rd 3 #85 , 2012 Brandon Weeden rd 1 #22

Bills misses:

Playoffs, 2000

Playoffs, 2001

Playoffs, 2002 . . . Playoffs, 2012.

At least cleveland is trying. They recognize the problem and are trying to address it.

Buffalo's problem is that the front office sucks at evaluating quarterbacks. That's why so many good ones have passed us by.

Example of good front office and scouting is SF 49 ers

Start counting up the first-round draft choices on the roster and you're going to need three hands. San Francisco boasts an astounding 15 players who were deemed blue-chip and selected in the league's opening round. And there's even a fascinating subset within those numbers. Nine of those first-round 49ers are homegrown, but six were imports from other organizations.

That list features receiver Randy Moss (1998, Minnesota), defensive end Justin Smith (2001, Cincinnati), guard Leonard Davis (2001, AZ) cornerback Carlos Rogers (2005, Washington), safety Donte Whitner (2006, Buffalo) and receiver-return man Ted Ginn Jr. (2007, Miami). Clearly San Francisco can see value in another team's refuse.

Read More: http://sportsillustr.../#ixzz2M6KnfAWk

http://sportsillustr...first-rounders/

Edited by independent