FA WR Shopping

djp14150

I mentioned it in the Nelson thread - I think devery Henderson is a real possibility as a guy that has played under marrone, is an outside guy not a slot guy, cheap vet (coming off 3m per year deal)

Not a cornerstone but I bet he could be a bandaid guy to help full out the 5-6 man rotation - think Bart Scott for the defense but no baggage and a bit more productive potentially

Plus add a bigger FA or high pick

Stevie

FA

Devery

Smith

Graham

TBD special teams or high upside late pick

Edited by NoSaint

We need to address LB and WR in Free agency. The WR especially needs to come in and clearly separate himself from everyone else for the #2 Job AND be an actual threat that teams need to respect.

I was pretty sold on Cordarrelle Patterson today, to be honest. He really looked like a freak amongst the others when it came to a combination of size, speed, and natural ability. Starting to feel like, if he's there, he'd be the best pick to match value and need at 8.

Problem is as it stands right now, no QB on this roster can get him the ball down field, so it would be a wasted pick. Pray we address QB by trading back into round 1 if he is the pick

I dont think at all that the bills will be big spenders in FA... I read somewhere that buddy nix will look for players in free agency maybe on the third day or so....by that time all the ""Big name WRs"" should be gone...

by that time most of the guys you really have to overpay to get should be signed. but also, the market should be set for the mid level guys and maybe the guys that thought they would get huge offers will be starting to come back down to earth a bit. i really kind of hope the go for the "good fit" guy rather than the "big name" guy. but if they go for a guy that's both, i'm good with that too.

The Bills recognize that they need someone who is big AND fast to pair with Stevie. I'd like to see us obtain a vet WR if possible since the learning curve for rookie WRs to show significant productivity is around three years.

How about Barkley throwing to D. Bowe and S. Johnson and Graham with H. Miller and S. Chandler at TE and Spiller/F. Jackson at RB??

Who will be out there and who do you think Buffalo will go after and try to sign?

Bowe? Welker?

TSW correspondent formerly known as the Big Cat reports that he has an inside source within the Bills that the team is all-in on Dwayne Bowe and that is the reason they didn't tender David Nelson.

Marrone thinks he has the Bills injury bug figured out and since they are only planning on running 2 receiver 1 TE 1 FB sets there is no sense in carrying more than 3 WR and a wildcat QB/WR.

I mentioned it in the Nelson thread - I think devery Henderson is a real possibility as a guy that has played under marrone, is an outside guy not a slot guy, cheap vet (coming off 3m per year deal)

Not a cornerstone but I bet he could be a bandaid guy to help full out the 5-6 man rotation - think Bart Scott for the defense but no baggage and a bit more productive potentially

Plus add a bigger FA or high pick

Stevie

FA

Devery

Smith

Graham

TBD special teams or high upside late pick

Henderson makes a lot of sense, and I would actually like that signing.

Henderson makes a lot of sense, and I would actually like that signing.

Not a #2 but a guy that'd be good in packages - say 35 catches, 500 yards. Knows the routes, verbiage, expectations. Can get deep still. And like I said, plays outside so Stevie or graham could kick to the slot when he's on the field. Missed only 5 games in 8 years..... And cheap.

Couple him with a more premiere FA or high pick and I'm feeling ok about the group

Edited by NoSaint