FA WR Shopping

djp14150

I mentioned it in the Nelson thread - I think devery Henderson is a real possibility as a guy that has played under marrone, is an outside guy not a slot guy, cheap vet (coming off 3m per year deal)

Not a cornerstone but I bet he could be a bandaid guy to help full out the 5-6 man rotation - think Bart Scott for the defense but no baggage and a bit more productive potentially

Plus add a bigger FA or high pick

Stevie

FA

Devery

Smith

Graham

TBD special teams or high upside late pick

Devery Henderson stats for the last 10 games of 2012:

5 receptions 44 yards 0 TD

What happened?

The guy is going to be 31. I'm not one of those people who criticizes with the "i've heard of him line" but I think when you mention him people remember the guy who ran like a 4.3 at the combine 9 years ago and not the guy who is probably as done as Lee Evans.

Devery Henderson stats for the last 10 games of 2012:

5 receptions 44 yards 0 TD

What happened?

The guy is going to be 31. I'm not one of those people who criticizes with the "i've heard of him line" but I think when you mention him people remember the guy who ran like a 4.3 at the combine 9 years ago and not the guy who is probably as done as Lee Evans.

Well, the first 6 games he had a different head coah. Which is significant when you look at the split. His last 2 weeks with kromer at the helm he had 13 catches for 200 yards and a td, then struggled to even see targets when vitt took over.

First 6 weeks he got 24 targets, next 10 weeks only 13

First 6 weeks 5 catches over 30 yards, rest of the year 44 yards total

The team had some weird shifts in emphasis, personality etc throughout the season. You have to remember they changed head coaches and radically shifted the offense at week 6 to try and spark things. Graham and Sproles were forced the ball entirely too much - they lost the diversity of targets that made the offense great in past years.

There's a reason I call him a package player and compare him to Bart Scott though - he's not the answer at #2. Cheap role player for a year or two for those screaming we have too many holes

Edited by NoSaint

Well, the first 6 games he had a different head coah. Which is significant when you look at the split. His last 2 weeks with kromer at the helm he had 13 catches for 200 yards and a td, then struggled to even see targets when vitt took over.

First 6 weeks he got 24 targets, next 10 weeks only 13

First 6 weeks 5 catches over 30 yards, rest of the year 44 yards total

The team had some weird shifts in emphasis, personality etc throughout the season. You have to remember they changed head coaches and radically shifted the offense at week 6 to try and spark things. Graham and Sproles were forced the ball entirely too much - they lost the diversity of targets that made the offense great in past years.

There's a reason I call him a package player and compare him to Bart Scott though - he's not the answer at #2. Cheap role player for a year or two for those screaming we have too many holes

You may be right. I just see a guy who has only caught more than 34 passes once in his 9 year career and has been declining for a few years now.