Why is Russ B at the Combine?

Niagara Bill

GMs at the 2013 Combine

Of course we all know that Buffalo's Russ Brandon is there.

Hopefully this list will show what a sham that is and that he has no place being there at all. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nadda.

Chicago Bears Phil Emery

Kansas City John Dorsey

Colts Ryan Grigson

Seattle Seahawks John Schneider

Cleveland Browns Trent Baalke

Jaguars David Caldwell

Detroit Martin Mayhew

Same link above says the following GMs are in attendance:

Denver John Elway, Packers Ted Thompson, Atlanta Thomas Dimitroff, St Louis Les Snead, and Vikings Rick Spielman.

Oh darn. Here are some more:

Titans Ruston Webster, Miami Jeff Ireland, Pittsburgh Kevin Colbert, Panthers Dave Gettleman, Arizona Steve Keim, San Diego Tom Telesco, Texans Rick Smith, JESTS John Idzik, St Louis Les Snead, and the NY Football Jints Jerry Reese.

I can just imagine the hue and cry from some here - probably including the OP if Russ wasn't in attendance there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GMs at the 2013 Combine

Hopefully this list will show what a sham that is and that he has no place being there at all. None. Zippo. Zilch. Nadda.

Chicago Bears Phil Emery

Kansas City John Dorsey

Colts Ryan Grigson

Jaguars David Caldwell

Detroit Martin Mayhew

Denver John Elway, Packers Ted Thompson, Atlanta Thomas Dimitroff, St Louis Les Snead, and Vikings Rick Spielman.

Titans Ruston Webster, Miami Jeff Ireland, Pittsburgh Kevin Colbert, Panthers Dave Gettleman, Arizona Steve Keim, San Diego Tom Telesco, Texans Rick Smith, JESTS John Idzik, St Louis Les Snead, and the NY Football Jints Jerry Reese.

I can just imagine the hue and cry from some here - probably including the OP if Russ wasn't in attendance there.

So it's a fact.

Brandon and his cronies are there for the swag and hot models.

I mean , sweet geebus , thats exactily where i would be! Being The Head Honcho for The Buffalo Bills. and all. Anyone asks about a player smile and nod. occasionally frown.

Honestly i hope Russ B. is making inroads and opening dialogues and giving secret handshakes.

Seriously - what is all this nonsense of Russ Brandon first at the Senior Bowl, and now at the combine? Clearly, those are not places you want your team's President & CEO to be - he should be back at OBD making decisions on what type of blacktop sealant to use on the stadium parking lots.

If I'm the owner, I certainly don't want my top guy where he can meet in one place with all the teams' scouts, coaches, talent evaluators, potential players, players agents, NFL executives, other teams owners, executives, coaches, etc. What benefit could that possibly hold for this team now and in the future, when trades are to be made, and the need for other business dealings and accommodations may arise? :wallbash:

Here's your answer.

"While General Manager Buddy Nix and Assistant GM Doug Whaley are busy interviewing prospects, team President Russ Brandon is spending the NFL Scouting Combine conducting meetings of his own.

Brandon and Jim Overdorf, the team’s senior vice president of football administration, are busy meeting with the agents of the Bills’ 12 unrestricted free agents."

Can I answer any other questions for you?

Who are we going to take in the 1st round?

This concerns me a lot. He wouldn't know the difference between a football player to his secretary if it wasn't for the dress. (assuming no cross dressing).

He should not been involved in player decisions or selections. If he does then he becomes Ralph 2 and here we go again.

I am sure that Buddy, Doug and the coaching staff do not get involved in the picking commercials or business partners so Brandon should keep out of player decisions. IMHO.

There are a lot of people who really feel there will be no change in Buffalo until Ralph passes on and a new owner comes in and cleans house.

Russ didn't do much good in his brief term as GM. In that year they traded their All Pro LT for cheap, they gutted the rest of their OL resulting in an epically incomepetent OL that season, they signed TO and gave him the key to the city and of course they drafted The Maybin.

Yeah, Russ needs to stay away from the personnel. It was a short but HORRENDOUS year for Russ as the top banana.

Well, seeing how the physical drills comprise what, maybe 1/3 of the combine activities, there are lots of reasons for Russ to be there. He doesnt need to watch the 3 cone drill, but you can bet your ass that he's in on the official and unofficial interviews that are conducted. And those are much more important than any measurables.

So you think he should be in control of player selection in the draft. If he participates in the interviews that means he will be involved in selection...that is bad for the Bills

There are a lot of people who really feel there will be no change in Buffalo until Ralph passes on and a new owner comes in and cleans house.

Russ didn't do much good in his brief term as GM. In that year they traded their All Pro LT for cheap, they gutted the rest of their OL resulting in an epically incomepetent OL that season, they signed TO and gave him the key to the city and of course they drafted The Maybin.

Yeah, Russ needs to stay away from the personnel. It was a short but HORRENDOUS year for Russ as the top banana.

Exactly...he cannot be Ralph 2 or the Bills will be the same organization and we get another Maybin

GMs at the 2013 Combine

Chicago Bears Phil Emery

Kansas City John Dorsey

Colts Ryan Grigson

Jaguars David Caldwell

Detroit Martin Mayhew

Am I misreading this.........or do you think that Russ Brandon is the general manager of the Buffalo Bills?

I do sometimes. Is that wrong?

Russ is there to check out guys in spandex, BTW.

Who's never produced a particularly long turd and not taken the time to look down and think to ones self, damn,

thats impressive...

The last decade has been hard on everyone. When it comes to reaching the playoffs the Buffalo Bills are the cellar dwellers of the National Football League.

I know my comments/concerns about Russ Brandon were offensive to some of you and perhaps this is not the time and place to be voicing them.

Its a new dawn and a new day for the Buffalo Bills and I will always Billieve.

This thread may set a new low for the Stadium Wall. It should be closed to prevent further embarrassment.

The teams ability to win football games and reach the playoffs is the real embarrassment don't you think.

Been lots of changes over the last decade + with very few constants,

Russ Brandon is one of them,

Just saying...

Who's never produced a particularly long turd and not taken the time to look down and think to ones self, damn,

thats impressive...

The last decade has been hard on everyone. When it comes to reaching the playoffs the Buffalo Bills are the cellar dwellers of the National Football League.

I know my comments/concerns about Russ Brandon were offensive to some of you and perhaps this is not the time and place to be voicing them.

Its a new dawn and a new day for the Buffalo Bills and I will always Billieve.

Is there anything truly more cathartic than a full, foul, fine-feeling, fecal elimination?

Who can help but stare in utter astonishment, mouth agape, wondering, "Holy crap...that was inside of me???"

I can't but help feeling like the Bills just finished taking a 10-year, 500-pound dump...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

Is there anything truly more cathartic than a full, foul, fine-feeling, fecal elimination?

Who can help but stare in utter astonishment, mouth agape, wondering, "Holy crap...that was inside of me???"

I can't but help feeling like the Bills just finished taking a 10-year, 500-pound dump...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Very well articulated there Senator :thumbsup:

I can't help but feel like the Bills are constipated when it comes to the biggest turd of all :doh:

Party time! :lol:

Seriously though, it is the time to rub elbows with other front office types and float ideas as to who is looking to do what and lay the groundwork for possible deals, etc. Of course, if you're content to just let the names peel off the board and block all incoming calls, then it's probably not very important to be there.

This. He's shopping Kelsay for a 7th. Gotta have a 7th.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 this week! [shuts lid]