Why is Russ B at the Combine?

Niagara Bill

This concerns me a lot. He wouldn't know the difference between a football player to his secretary if it wasn't for the dress. (assuming no cross dressing).

He should not been involved in player decisions or selections. If he does then he becomes Ralph 2 and here we go again.

I am sure that Buddy, Doug and the coaching staff do not get involved in the picking commercials or business partners so Brandon should keep out of player decisions. IMHO.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been numerous reports including interviews he gave yesterday explaining that he is there to meet with the agents of their UFA they wish to retain, much as he did last year with Stevie's agents. This is nothing to get upset about, calm down.

Yep, this has nothing to do with talent evaluation and everything to do with Byrd and Levitre.

Although, who cares if he takes a peek at the goods??

First of all, he runs the team and if he wasnt there I'd be getting all bent out of shape.

Second, either I just dreamt this or I'm crazy but this was already talked about a few weeks ago.

People need to calm down.

This...do we think he's like Ralph and will meddle in the GM's business to insist we draft a specific player? I don't think so.

Like others said, if I'm the CEO of a company and we're about to spend millions on a certain asset, I'd want to take a look at it myself before the commitment is made.

I would have to venture a guess that many of his peers are there. Folks tend to forget it aint just an event for scouts and players. Anyone and everyone behind the scenes in NFL circles is there. It is a huge networking event.

This team is now a ward of Russ, and he would be remiss if not there. There is plenty for him to learn for sure, but people tat think he is just a marketing guy that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground are as ignorant as a zit on a pig's ass. He's been around the Bills for 15 years and around the Butlers, Adams, Donahoes, Modracks, Nixes, Levys, etc. You don't continually rub elbows with those types and lose brain cells in the process. Through that he slowly worked his way into the top of Ralph's inner circle. He probably is Ralph's most trusted employee ever, and judging from Polian's most recent comments, regarding the Bills beating the rest of the NFL to Marrone, I'd have to say the sounds to me Polian just gave Brandon an endorsement as well.

This is his first year formally running the team. It's probably a good idea he understands the entire process of the combine including what appears to be the new meeting ground with agents.

Do you think he's there saying "Hey buddy take a look at #53, I've been watching him and I think we should draft him."?

This concerns me a lot. He wouldn't know the difference between a football player to his secretary if it wasn't for the dress. (assuming no cross dressing).

He should not been involved in player decisions or selections. If he does then he becomes Ralph 2 and here we go again.

I am sure that Buddy, Doug and the coaching staff do not get involved in the picking commercials or business partners so Brandon should keep out of player decisions. IMHO.

What business is it of yours, what he's doing there. You stalking him?

These threads come up way too often. As it has been stated, he isn't there to evaluate players, he is there to talk with agents in hopes of making progress on re-signing the players we need to keep. That is the best thing to do. Do you want scouts and buddy to be handleing contract talks or scouting players? Sure, you can have buddy and the scouts talk with the agents about contracts, but logic would say the football guys would be better off evalutating football talent rather than negotiating how much guarenteed money a player should get. This process worked out really well for us last year (we re-signed the guys we wanted to keep before free agency hit), and I see no problem with them sticking with what actually seems to work for them.

Russ Brandon has done more damage to the proper functioning of the Buffalo Bills Football team then any other person in the history of the organization in my opinion.

I for one am glad Brandon has put his reputation/job on the line by clearly taking on the head decision making role so when he screws up this time ,

hes done...

Russ Brandon has done more damage to the proper functioning of the Buffalo Bills Football team then any other person in the history of the organization in my opinion.

I for one am glad Brandon has put his reputation/job on the line by clearly taking on the head decision making role so when he screws up this time ,

hes done...

Guess you aren't familiar with Stew Barber

hes done...

Are you saying that you hope Russ fails? Which team are you rooting for?