The arguement for taking a QB in Rd. 1

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Barkley has everything Nix would like in a QB - and, furthermore, because he went back for his senior year, where the protection was bad, he still had a decent year, statistically, but now he might be available to Buffalo at 8 - something no one would have dreamed of a year ago. The kid has a better arm - can throw it accurately, in the air, over 30 yards. Sure, passes of 40 plus yards in the air might not be dead on, but for 95% of the passes he'll have to make, his arm is good - better than Nassib's, better than most of these QB's coming out. Barkley would instantly make Buffalo a much better offense - and that means quite a bit.

If our offense gets better this year, and our defense gets better (something that seems impossible not to happen) Buffalo could be looking at sneaking into the playoffs. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Buffalo has Barkley rated as the top QB prospect, and if they have a chance to take him I WOULD JUST ABOUT GUARANTEE they take him. With their history of NOT drafting QB's, they just CANNOT pass on a guy like Barkley. Even if they tanked this year, went 4-12, they'd probably not get a chance to draft a BETTER QB next year.

If he's there, it's Barkley at 8.

i agree 100%!!!!!! Does anyone here even know what ""west coast offense really means"" im guessing no.....because 90% of the ppl on these boards say barkleys arm strenght sucks and wont work in buffalo due to bad weather...hmmmm last time I checked we will be running a west coast type offense in which 95% of the passes will be quick reads in the 5 to 15 yard spread and with a few wrinkles..(play action type passes to go over the top).barkley in this type of offense will excell inmensly due to his exceptional talent in anticipating recievers to be open before they truly are by placing the football perfectly in stride with tremendous accurate throws.i have seen barkley with my very own eyes throw passes in games in where picksgarbage cant even make in his dreams...just look up barkley highlights in youtube you can see him complete 60+yard strikes..(all in the air btw)....barkley at #8 will make to much sense for bills to pass on sadly I see him dropping no farther then #7 to cardinals Edited by Hotpockets28

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.......barkley at #8 will make to much sense for bills to pass on sadly I see him dropping no farther thAn #7 to cardinals

Nix has mentioned several times the concept of trading up. It wouldn't surprise me to see a little trade up to #6(Browns) if Barkley is still on the board.

I've been saying for 5 months now, draft Glennon in the 1st and then draft another guy who slips into the 3rd...maybe Dysert or someone like that. They gotta go into camp with 2 rookie prospects to compete with TJ. If they are moving away from Fitz then cut him and don't waste offseason reps on him.

I'd rather see this next year. Seems like the talent pool is deeper and the chances are better.

From what im feeling upon doug whaleys comments...im getting the sense they need a young accurate passer to run N hackets west coast offense...who better then barkley in this draft to run it? No one thats who...if I was Gm barkley will make to much sense at eight..sooo I would be trading up to atleast #5 just before the browns pick...i dont see that new regime believing in weeden...so again...BARKLEY ,BARKLEY BARKLEY!!!!!!!!! 2013 new bills QB!!!!! Lets go bills!!!!!

I freaking hate seeing my beloved bills lose year in year out...if we have picksgarbage as our 2013 starter we no shot at all..not to mention the depression of having him as a starter again..thats just to much to handle...i rather go 6-10 with a rookie under the helm then having a career back making 10+ millions a year getting us nowhere...i say bills need to trade up to #5 the lions pick...how can it be accomplished? Well of course we will swap the 2013 first round pick...then throw in this years 3rd pick and next years 3rd aswell...plus add in a veteran player like RB fred jackson into the deal lions need RB HELP badly...so with the newly acquired #5 pick draft MATT BARKLEY and end this nightmare of having roflpatrick as our starting qb

Edited by Hotpockets28

Nix has mentioned several times the concept of trading up. It wouldn't surprise me to see a little trade up to #6(Browns) if Barkley is still on the board.

I'd almost guarantee. Buddy thinks he's being a straight shooter, but all he's doing is showing his hand to the other GMs. Wouldn't be awesome if we gave away a #2, or better, next year's #1 to move up?

I truly expect it.

Barkely is ideal for a WCO. Watch this play, then go ahead to 1:25 and watch the 25-yd. laser for a TD.

its what I have been saying all along.....the bills are not looking for a Qb with the strongest arm...that is easy to tell..(fitzrofltrick) is our starting qb...by far the weakest arm in the entire nfl....this new staff is looking for a intelligent young prospect..who has poise to remain in the pocket and make accurate throws...not to mention to run the newly employed west coast offense instead of that wide open spread attack gailey had....barkley has all the tools and smarts to run Nathaniel hacketts west coast offense to perfection...barkley in a west coast offense is a match made in heaven....(btw that 25 yard dart barkley displayed shows he has way more then enough arm strenght he most definitely can put mustard on it when he needs to...i have never seen crappatrick fire a 25 yard td dart like that EVER). Edited by Hotpockets28

Just don't see Barkely at 8 because of his propensity to get injured. Astro, I don't think you guys are giving Mike Glennon enough love. This guy is for real as a QB. He may not have that "rah rah" attitude, but the dude can hurl the ball with accuracy. Mind you his receivers dropped alot of his passes and his pocket awareness is underrated.Glennon's offensive line wasn't the best in college either, but he stood strong and delivered the ball. Glennon is a lot like Flacco in that he does his speaking on the football field.

I'd almost guarantee. Buddy thinks he's being a straight shooter, but all he's doing is showing his hand to the other GMs. Wouldn't be awesome if we gave away a #2, or better, next year's #1 to move up?

I truly expect it.

I hope that won't be the case.....according to the standard trade value chart our 3rd round pick should cover the trade up cost.

It's a bit sad that I think that if we did trade, that your expectations may well be fulfilled though. :(

blah,blah.blah ..just another california wuss qb

Like Brady and Rodger? Saying a guy is a wuss because he's from California is a joke. Our track record with California QBs is abysmal, but that doesn't mean we can't strike gold or that Barkley won't pan out. I hope our FO office doesn't take this naive approach

This quote is from an ESPN article on the Jets' pruning of their roster:

This especially holds true for quality quarterbacks. The Jets' front office has studied this very closely, determining that only five winning quarterbacks (in their opinion) weren't drafted by their current team -- Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Matt Schaub.

I know this draft appears bereft of quility QBs, but if the Bills braintrust (oxymoron?) believes there is a franchise guy there, they'd better grab him. Free Agency is not the answer. Great teams are built by drafting great QBs as step #1.

Yea, tell that to the Broncos

Exactly what I'vebeen saying!

Yea you and I were in agreement at this time a couple years ago when there was debate about whether Cam Newton was going to be the top pick overall or if he was even accurate enough to be a starting NFL QB.

You take the QB.

Unfortunately, Newton didn't make it to the Bills.

And it's not that I didn't think that Dareus or Von Miller weren't surer things or that they weren't needed. And as it turns out, they should have taken Kaep and maybe even Dalton with that third pick over any other option in that draft.

When you don't have a QB, everything else falls under the category of "wants' instead of needs.

Just don't see Barkely at 8 because of his propensity to get injured. Astro, I don't think you guys are giving Mike Glennon enough love. This guy is for real as a QB. He may not have that "rah rah" attitude, but the dude can hurl the ball with accuracy. Mind you his receivers dropped alot of his passes and his pocket awareness is underrated.Glennon's offensive line wasn't the best in college either, but he stood strong and delivered the ball. Glennon is a lot like Flacco in that he does his speaking on the football field.

I like Glennon; yes he's a Flacco or Bledsoe, and Marrone-Hackett said they could adapt their system to player strengths (that's why I like them).

I think Barkley is the BQA at #8 for a WCO, Glennon is the BQA at #41, although Russ Lande thinks that the best for WCO are Barkley-Nassib-Jones-Wilson in that order . Joe Buscaglia at WGR has a list of his favorite QBs.

http://www.wgr550.com/Quarterback-Rankings/12022322?pid=294881

He will have a full report on Glennon up tomorrow. I would move Wilson up more than Glennon if we're talking about bad O-Lines.

Yea you and I were in agreement at this time a couple years ago when there was debate about whether Cam Newton was going to be the top pick overall or if he was even accurate enough to be a starting NFL QB.

You take the QB.

When you don't have a QB, everything else falls under the category of "wants' instead of needs.

Exactly. I see someone here say "We should wait until next year, when the QB crop looks more promising". :doh: How about we try this year, see how it goes, then try again NEXT year if need be? How about making the QB the #1 priority until they have a good one? If you end up with more than one, you can always trade the lesser guy for a nice return. Just get a QB here, EVERYTHING else can wait.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro