testing drivers on marijuana

truth on hold

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least this one isn't rigged like Fox's was. I don't have the motivation to find the video, but one of the participants in Fox's marijuana driving tests showed behind the scenes footage where they would force the contestant to wreck, record it and then be done with recording.

I don't smoke...but if one of you guys who does were to sit down and smoke 1.2 grams of pot...is that alot?? It seems the young woman there smoked over a gram and became aggressive driving but I have no idea what the normal amount of smoking is (is it a puff here, a puff there or do you sit down and smoke a gram??)

I don't smoke...but if one of you guys who does were to sit down and smoke 1.2 grams of pot...is that alot?? It seems the young woman there smoked over a gram and became aggressive driving but I have no idea what the normal amount of smoking is (is it a puff here, a puff there or do you sit down and smoke a gram??)

It's a whole lot! Like pounding 7-8 shots of whiskey at one sitting. Can't speak for everyone but a "normal" smoke is a couple of puffs off a joint. Bong hits, as shown in the video, are much more concentrated than joints. Not sure what this test is supposed to prove. People who are f***ked up can't drive?

PTR

i do here and there, have never had an issue with driving FWIW. I don't think anyone sits down with the intent to "smoke a gram or .5 gram etc"

you fill up a bowl, bong, roll a joint. and take a puff or two. no advanced measurements or metrics are needed....pretty simple.

Depends on the quality of the bud. Some stuff you could take a couple hits and be done. Some you could smoke 3-4 g's in one sitting and be fine.

You figure a joint is APPROX. 0.7 - 1.3 grams depending on how much you pack in. And also take into account that you're usually sharing a joint with at least 3-4 people. When I smoke it's usually a bong and I would estimate that I use APPROX. 0.3 - 0.4 in a bowl. So, yes smoking over a gram of weed in that short amount of time is a hell of a lot.

As someone else stated, it also depends on what potency of marijuana you are inhaling.

From what I saw in this short video, the conclusions are about what I'd expect. A normal amount in your system doesn't impair you all that much. Maybe a little more paranoid but for the most part, motor function doesn't seem to be all that bad. Once you get to the point where the girl was, it definitely would make a big difference. Such is the same with alcohol. Driving with a 0.06 BAC compared to a 0.24 BAC is an enormous difference.

Depends. If you're not a regular smoker then it's a lot.

I'm a light weight but I only smoke about 0.1 to 0.2 grams to get high.

Just to add an answer as well...

A ahem "friend of mine" laid it out like this. A pipe is about .4 but can vary greatly depending on the size of the head. Water pipes are the same. Joints and blunts depending on paper size can fit anywheres up to 3.5 grams( more if you have a little Cuban in you). Each delivery method "wastes" a certain amount as well. Vaporizers are the best delivery method for the least amount of waste.

As others have mentioned tolerance as well as quality make a huge difference. People have laid that out quite successfully.

As for aggressive driving?!?! Never have I once been too aggressive. I mean my friend. Wait what were we talking about?

Even for a regular/heavy smoker, that's a lot.

This vid proves that if you do too much of anything it will impare your skills.

With weed everybody is different. But when you are pissy drunk you pass out, almost anybody that has been really drunk will tell you that . Weed does not treat the body like that. There is a profound difference.

But that was alot of weed being smoked. I thinks most people that BLAZE don't do that much at one setting. Couple of hits then I'm good (cough cough, opps excuse me lol)

That to me was overkill. But I rather get hit by some who was high vs the drunk driver. Drunks can easily fall asleep at the wheel.

Thanks for the input fellas...if you ever need info on how many Labatts Blue are typically consumed at one sitting, don't hesitate to call on me.

Based on what you all said, it seems the "controlled group" smoking anywhere from. 8 - 1.2 grams was a bit of overkill. Based on that video, the 2-3 puffs or less than half gram folks apparently have decent driving skills. Of course you hate to create a false sense of security, but I think we can all conclude "friends don't let friends....smoke more than 1 gram of ganja"

Edited by BringBackFergy

It's a whole lot! Like pounding 7-8 shots of whiskey at one sitting. Can't speak for everyone but a "normal" smoke is a couple of puffs off a joint. Bong hits, as shown in the video, are much more concentrated than joints. Not sure what this test is supposed to prove. People who are f***ked up can't drive?

PTR

I was wondering the same. Why go to all that effort and not test the subjects periphery abilities & reaction times? I would have liked to seen them have to react to something "popping" out/in front of them.

I'd say that if you can't drive slowly around a few cones when you are very stoned......you likely can't react too well to something unforeseen when you are basically stoned.

In terms of the amounts.....it's been a good 20 years since I've smoked but the amounts people are talking about so far in this thread was not what I was used to.

0.4g for a pipe? We used to pack down many multiples of "party cones"(bigger) in one sitting on a regular basis. Basically the smoking equivalent of binge drinking. Then we'd go out for munchies.

Being young and stupid, none of us considered it overly dangerous. My Brother(a moron) used to convince people that you were actually safer driving while stoned as you were constantly paranoid, therefore constantly checking everything you did. Even after he scraped the side of a parked car he maintained this delusion.

Drugs are bad M'kay?