Could This Scenario Play Out In B/Lo ?

T master

This year as we al know we have 2 top flight FA that we will try to get resigned as core players for our beloved Bills, but could this happen ?

With our new coach coming from Syracuse & a top 5 guard from his old team coming out this year that being Justin Pugh 6' 6" 305 lbs which he is actually ranked as the #4 guard in the draft this year .

Seeing as we haven't heard much on the Levietre signing front , Do you think if the Bills may have a number in mind to pay him & that if he gets higher offers from other teams that they would let him walk ?

Knowing that they could get a top guard in the draft for less money for a longer time period & with what we have done in the past with FA's i could see this as a possibility .

I know the unknown of a new player would be just that but given what Marrone knows about Pugh along with the what if the money thing becomes an issue in any way could this be a alternative that is being talked about .

I would hope that Buddy holds true to what he has said & wants to keep his core players here...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting Levitre walk and drafting Warmack is the first alternative that comes to my mind. But, immediately I'm saying to myself, "did we just give up a 1st round pick here?" What do you gain, other than 10 million a year in cap space. They'd basically be trading a rookie for whatever vet they pick up in FA worth near 10 million (or two).

I think if losing Levitre is going to happen, you can't just go out and replace him with a 1st round pick. That would be treading water, so to speak, and we'd not be gaining any ground in our attempts at actually IMPROVING. I think if Levitre walks - and that could happen, depending on how much he's offered elsewhere - we need to draft a guy to replace him, but not until maybe the 3rd round. We have more pressing needs.

Then again - if we are planning on drafting a QB high - like 1st or top of second round - then we better be sure he's got a good O-line to play behind, especially if we're planning on letting him play right away.

I think what we're doing with the QB situation will have a lot to do with what we do with the LG situation. If we're going to be happy to let Fitz/Jackson/and a mid round pick duke it out this year, then it's a lot easier to let a new guy(s) work into the lineup at LG.

So many options...

I doubt very highly that Buffalo will be able to re-sign Levitre.

The franchise tag is going to Byrd and we don't have the cap room to pay a lot for a guard.

So... Don't be surprised if we grab a mid-level guy in free agency or draft somebody in the mid-rounds to take his place.

Letting Levitre walk and drafting Warmack is the first alternative that comes to my mind. But, immediately I'm saying to myself, "did we just give up a 1st round pick here?" What do you gain, other than 10 million a year in cap space. They'd basically be trading a rookie for whatever vet they pick up in FA worth near 10 million (or two).

I think if losing Levitre is going to happen, you can't just go out and replace him with a 1st round pick. That would be treading water, so to speak, and we'd not be gaining any ground in our attempts at actually IMPROVING. I think if Levitre walks - and that could happen, depending on how much he's offered elsewhere - we need to draft a guy to replace him, but not until maybe the 3rd round. We have more pressing needs.

Then again - if we are planning on drafting a QB high - like 1st or top of second round - then we better be sure he's got a good O-line to play behind, especially if we're planning on letting him play right away.

I think what we're doing with the QB situation will have a lot to do with what we do with the LG situation. If we're going to be happy to let Fitz/Jackson/and a mid round pick duke it out this year, then it's a lot easier to let a new guy(s) work into the lineup at LG.

So many options...

Well if you look at it that way your not really treading water are you ?

You upgrade in the first round with either a top flight WR or LB & possibly pick up that guard in the second or third round depending on who's available & a QB in the later rounds given the talent ? I would love to see us pick up Bray as a project ...

Which with other FA's coming up next year & the possibility of if we can get a franchise QB next year that 10 mill a year could go a long way , Maybe ??

Or if its true that levitre will command a 8 to 10 mil per year type of contract why not try for san diegos OG luos vazquez or whatever his name...jajajja seems to be one of the top og fa this offseason at a much cheaper price im hearing around 5 mil per year

He wont command that money as a guard. Outside of some crazy teams you dont pay a guard tackle money. With Byrd you franchise him. Levitre you negotiate something around 4/$23-$25M

Can we have a list of college coaches that went to the pros and the players they coached that were drafted by that coach.

It might, might be 3 players long.

Just because Morrone coached these guys in college doesn't mean they are comming to Buffalo.

Or if its true that levitre will command a 8 to 10 mil per year type of contract why not try for san diegos OG luos vazquez or whatever his name...jajajja seems to be one of the top og fa this offseason at a much cheaper price im hearing around 5 mil per year

Bro you need a dictionary and some keyboarding skills. My lorddddd

Can we have a list of college coaches that went to the pros and the players they coached that were drafted by that coach.

It might, might be 3 players long.

Just because Morrone coached these guys in college doesn't mean they are comming to Buffalo.

IIRC, Carroll has only drafted 1 USC player since he signed on in Seattle. And it was like a 5th rounder. He's brought in other guys as street FAs, but not broke the bank for them. Its a crazy notion

If thats the case I would rather draft chance warmack and use the money that was going towards levitre on new FA pick ups...but what the heck do I know im just another bills fan jajajjja

Christ. I'd be tempted to take Chance Warmack anyway. I think 8 is too high but that man is gonna be the second coming of John Hannah and Larry Allen rolled into one.

GO BILLS!!!

Letting Levitre walk and drafting Warmack is not even treading water. You let Levitre walk and create an area of need that did not exist before. You are literally wasting a first round pick without advancing the team at all.

In exchange you can spend levitres money on someone in free agency though. There's some trade off.

Edited by NoSaint

Bro you need a dictionary and some keyboarding skills. My lorddddd

IIRC, Carroll has only drafted 1 USC player since he signed on in Seattle. And it was like a 5th rounder. He's brought in other guys as street FAs, but not broke the bank for them. Its a crazy notion

Spurrier brought in a bunch of his former guys when he was coaching Washington and fell on his face.