Could This Scenario Play Out In B/Lo ?

T master

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levitre is gone. I wouldn't be upset if they spent that money on Jennings or Bowe and drafted Warmack. They could do worse than getting the best interior lineman in the draft and a top tier WR in FA. This would leave room to sign Byrd to a long term contract over the summer after using the tag in a couple weeks. There is no QB worthy of the #8 pick and Nix/Marrone know it. They will still have room for a middle tier LB and maybe enough to bring back McKelvin.

Depends on the plan.

If levitre walks, we draft warmack saving 8m per year but spend that 8m on a WR or LB instead of paying levitre and drafting one of the others.... So be it, but its not ideal, that's for sure.

A first round WR will not contribute much. Warmack will start right away as will a FA WR.

Levitre is gone. I wouldn't be upset if they spent that money on Jennings or Bowe and drafted Warmack. They could do worse than getting the best interior lineman in the draft and a top tier WR in FA. This would leave room to sign Byrd to a long term contract over the summer after using the tag in a couple weeks. There is no QB worthy of the #8 pick and Nix/Marrone know it. They will still have room for a middle tier LB and maybe enough to bring back McKelvin.

A first round WR will not contribute much. Warmack will start right away as will a FA WR.

"Chance" Warmack?

Is he any relation to Danny Watkins or David DeCastro?

Please people.

If thats the case I would rather draft chance warmack and use the money that was going towards levitre on new FA pick ups...but what the heck do I know im just another bills fan jajajjja

Bingo. you get the prize :thumbsup:

will not be a strong guard as strengtgh is not his strong point. he is fast with short arms...

Why would we draft a kangaroo ? Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Never let Levitre walk. If the price is too high , match his best offer then trade him for a 1st rd pick at least.

So, your plan is to find the most any team would pay, then hope that team (or another) would give up that much plus a first round pick? I don't think that's going to happen. playing along, the only way I see something like that happening is if a contender loses its starting LG after the draft when they can't adequately fix the problem another way (and neither can we).

As I've posted before in the long Levitre thread, I'd be fine overpaying Levitre to ensure Glenn and our new young QB develops appropriately. Those two positions, and the associates time and $$, are too much to risk. But ultimately it's up to AL to choose his new team, and my piont only holds if the coaches aren't already looking to upend our O-line (more likely through style of play than personnel).

I doubt very highly that Buffalo will be able to re-sign Levitre.

The franchise tag is going to Byrd and we don't have the cap room to pay a lot for a guard.

So... Don't be surprised if we grab a mid-level guy in free agency or draft somebody in the mid-rounds to take his place.

I agree. Regardless of how much just about everyone on this board thinks of Levitre, he is a guard on a team that has been putrid since he has been here. Is it his fault? No. But my point is that he is not a GAMECHANGER. He is replaceable. If we can get someone in who is servicable at half the price saving money to bring in a top flite WR, TE, LB, and CB, than we are moving far ahead of the curve.

The Patriots do not pay big money to O lineman. Other than Logan Mankins, they bring in a bunch of servicable parts and coach them up. We need to put our big money on gamechangers. Resign or tag Byrd and make a play for Percy Harvin if possible. I would give up a 2nd round pick this year and a 4th next year. The boy can play. And than make a strong push for Danell Ellerbee, Jared Cook, and possibly Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe. These are difference makers.

Levitre is a nice player. But he is a guard. Make him a fair offer. If he doesn't want it, move on to the next guy who is available. The rhetoric over resigning a left guard for a perenial losing team is completely missing the boat on what needs to be done to make this team a winner. We need game changers at the skill positions. Another TE, and at least two WR's and two very good LB's. Combine that with a complete change in the losing mentality ingrained in this organization for so long, (that will be up to Marone) and we will be a force to finally be reckoned with.

I know I will be flamed for saying this but I hope buffalo lets levitre walk...draft warmack to replace andy...and then with the money that was going towards andys new contract try and sign laron landry and maybe a veteran LB anthony spencer or maybe if ravens cut ellerbe due to no cap space........btw to me ellerbe will be massive fa pick up for us kid is gonna be a star

Edited by Hotpockets28

Other than all 3 being guards, what do they have in common?

All three were the top-rated guards in their draft class and had numerous posters lobbying for them as draft targets.

People were saying the exact same things about DeCastro as they are about Warmack this year.

Watkins and DeCastro have done nothing in their NFL careers so far.

And you don't draft a guard that highly and you never assume that some guy is the exception to that rule when he's never played a snap in the NFL.

He wont command that money as a guard. Outside of some crazy teams you dont pay a guard tackle money. With Byrd you franchise him. Levitre you negotiate something around 4/$23-$25M

That is what I am thinking. I don't see him getting this 10 million a year people are throwing around in this thread. There is a chance someone overpays him and gives him 7/8 million a year, but not 10.