Must Sign Levitre and Byrd

box0life

Getting worried about losing one of these players without any compensation. I personally can't believe they haven't even really attempted to sign them yet. My feeling is if they can't afford both sign them anyway and then trade one of them later. At least get something for them. I know this is easier said then done, but they did it with Peerless Price many years ago through a trade. Both of these players could be worth a first round pick if traded. They are just entering their peek years in the league. I am sick of losing our best players after their first contract because of our unwillingness to sign them. These players should have been signed last year to prevent this situation.

I could give a crap about signing Jackson and Colin Brown today! Sign the players that matter. If we lose one of them with no compensation, this is a major strike against this new front office and coaching staff.

Hey listen boys. It's the slowest time of the year. A little latitude on the repetitive subjects is appreciated by me at least. I'm way more sick of seeing complaints about repetition than I am about the repetition.

There's nothing to about!! That's my opinion anyways.

As far as Byrd and Levitre, if either walk, it sucks. But it's never without compensation. If they leave for a big contract, we get a compensatory selection...FWIW.

Hey listen boys. It's the slowest time of the year. A little latitude on the repetitive subjects is appreciated by me at least. I'm way more sick of seeing complaints about repetition than I am about the repetition.

There's nothing to about!! That's my opinion anyways.

As far as Byrd and Levitre, if either walk, it sucks. But it's never without compensation. If they leave for a big contract, we get a compensatory selection...FWIW.

Fwiw, that's not entirely true. If we don't lose more free agents than we sign we will not see compensation for them. With a new coaching staff likely cutting a decent chunk (not just letting guys expire) coupled with signing a lot of their own guys..... It's possible we could lose both without getting a comp pick.

I'd guess the argument would be do you pay him whatever he wants or try to get maximum value? It's possible those things overlap, it's possible they will not.

Maximum value of course, but that must be weighed against how much and and how long will it take to have equal value at each position. Players that have been with you all along are an investment of effort not just money and that is not easily replaced.

Maybe he doesn't want to sign with us?

Bingo.

Like most, I feel we Byrd will be tagged, if not resigned. I just don't know how much he wants to be a part of this team anymore. Can you blame him? I'd probably want to leave Buffalo and go to a team that competitive year in year out. Must suck to lose every year. And now three of his good friends are gone (wilson, mcgee and scott. scotts an ufa). Same goes for Levitre. Lets hope the bond he built with wood, Urbik, Glenn and the crew is strong. He's gonna get offered a lot of money. I think he's gonna leave. West coast guy originally.

I will go on record that Levitre is not worth top 5 guard money even though some team will pay him that. I would not mortgage the future of this team for a guard. I would rather see Byrd resigned and Levitre's money spent on a star WR and a LB. Hell I would sign Flacco and force the Ravens to match some poison pill type contract. I would give up two first rounders for him. Don't waste money on a guard. Nix blew it not signing him to a reasonable deal last year. Now don't double down on the mistake and overpay for a guard. Hell Pears could probably slide in to the right guard spot and Urbik move to left.

I wonder the same thing, he's a west coast guy, may have told the Bill's over a year ago that he didn't want to re-sign here. Don't know if he's married, is she also from west coast, maybe she also wants to go back out west?? Based on the past few years the Bills likely would have signed him last year to a reasonable contract, unless he wasn't interested. At a min you would have more heard of leaks about contract talks, wasn't much of anything being said. The argument then comes, well if that's true the Bill's should have traded him last year. But unlikely you'd do that as going into the season, many people including I'm sure Bills coaches and front office expected the team had a real good shot at making playoffs. If that's the case you'd take a chance by keeping him, make a run and if you lose him so be it. In hind sight since they played poor, if that was the case that AL was planning on playing out his contract, it didn't work out too well. He also was taking a risk if were to get hurt, he'd likely be out big $$.

Maybe he doesn't want to sign with us?

Nix blew it not signing him to a reasonable deal last year. Now don't double down on the mistake and overpay for a guard.

why wouldn't we sign them ?

We have plenty of money we need to use up.

I say let levitre walk draft chance warmack at #8 (could turn out twice the player andy ever was or will be) then sign laron landry around 6 mil per season and last but not least resign byrdman !!!!! Best duo at safety by a mile in the nfl

Edited by Hotpockets28

I will go on record that Levitre is not worth top 5 guard money even though some team will pay him that. I would not mortgage the future of this team for a guard. I would rather see Byrd resigned and Levitre's money spent on a star WR and a LB. Hell I would sign Flacco and force the Ravens to match some poison pill type contract. I would give up two first rounders for him. Don't waste money on a guard. Nix blew it not signing him to a reasonable deal last year. Now don't double down on the mistake and overpay for a guard. Hell Pears could probably slide in to the right guard spot and Urbik move to left.

+ 1

He's a guard: a guard.

I don't see how you sign a guard to top 5 money if you haven't had a winning season in forever. I would love for him to stay, but let's not get crazy.

I say let levitre walk draft chance warmack at #8 (could turn out twice the player andy ever was or will be) then sign laron landry around 6 mil per season and last but not least resign byrdman !!!!! Best duo at safety by a mile in the nfl

Yes let's let a very good guard walk so that we can draft another guard with the eighth pick overall..that's progress!! :wallbash:

Yes let's let a very good guard walk so that we can draft another guard with the eighth pick overall..that's progress!! :wallbash:

well it is progress....andy is good but for what im reading and hearing he wants to get PAID...(8/10 mil per) he is not worth that at all...i rather draft warmack pay him much less and he will most likely turn out to be a much better guard...and with the money andy wants we can pick up safety laron landry and a veteran LB.....i say thats progress Edited by Hotpockets28

well it is progress....andy is good but for what im reading and hearing he wants to get PAID...(8/10 mil per) he is not worth that at all...i rather draft warmack pay him much less and he will most likely turn out to be a much better guard...and with the money andy wants we can pick up safety laron landry and a veteran LB.....i say thats progress

So instead of strengthening the roster, you replace an excellent player with one who's never played a down in the NFL?

And one who plays the same position?

That's progress?