Anyone watching The Following with Kevin Bacon?

ChevyVanMiller

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they kill off the girl with the short hair who is helping the killer.

I predict she will get jelious of the wife, and she will either kill or be killed by the leader.

Perhaps this is a one season show, like Last Resort on ABC.

Just got caught up. Truly one of the most graphic shows to ever air on Network TV.

Like others have said, a bit too unbelievable. My other problem is, with so many members of the cult, if the writers get bored of any story line or angle, they can simply make any character turn into a long standing cult member if they need. Is the head FBI chick next?

Oh, and last I knew, the did background checks on FBI agents. One that was previously a member, with her entire family, of a religious cult makes it through?

Yes, I know it's a tv show. But it's stretching way beyond just suspending belief a bit.

Oh, and last I knew, the did background checks on FBI agents. One that was previously a member, with her entire family, of a religious cult makes it through?

The number of background checks done by the government is staggering, literally millions a year. The definitely miss some.

Would they miss one on that scale? Doubtful, but there have been people who've stolen/sold intelligence that had red flags all over them and their access wasn't pulled until they were caught red handed.

Roger_as_Kevin_Bacon.jpg

I could watch Roger do his Kevin Bacon Impersonation all day...but the show is starting to reach...and that short haired girl is TV's most distuirbing looking actress since the red headed lead actress in "The Killing"...I don't have a source for that...

Just got caught up. Truly one of the most graphic shows to ever air on Network TV.

Like others have said, a bit too unbelievable. My other problem is, with so many members of the cult, if the writers get bored of any story line or angle, they can simply make any character turn into a long standing cult member if they need. Is the head FBI chick next?

Yes, I know it's a tv show. But it's stretching way beyond just suspending belief a bit.

I think you're bang-on about the easy out for the writers. The FBI lead seems like a perfect example of someone they'll "flip" to further the plot. In fact, I think they foreshadowed it in an early episode when they had her slip him the Poe book in his cell.

This show is awful because it creates little drama. The bad guys either win or it's a draw every episode. There's really no movement of plot.

I'm ok with a show being implausible but this show is just too much. A cult with a seemingly endless number of highly trained operatives in the right place at the right time, an FBI filled with inept agents and helicopters that just escape and no one knows where it is.

And you *know* that's total bull. We can track planes from Detroit.

I looked forward to this show for months, and I was optimistic after the first episode. I'm now at the point where I watch it mainly because I feel I HAVE to since I'm already somewhat invested in it. My main issue is that it feels as if the plot has not advanced *at all* since the first week. Every episode feels the same to me, and I'm really getting tired of every other person being in on the gag. It's too bad cause I enjoy seeing Kevin Bacon in this role and some of the supporting cast is pretty strong. But in terms of developing the story, it falls way short for me.

On the other hand, I binged on the first two seasons of Homeland, as well as the House of Cards series on Netflix. I enjoyed both immensely, and I think the fact that I was watching The Following concurrently resulted in an even greater disappointment due to the strength of the other two series'.

this thread has saved me from watching the show.......thanks to all it doesn't sound worthwhile at all.

have a full dvr, didn't want to have to add another show to the mix.

for now Bar Rescue and Justified are ruling the roost with Shameless and House of Lies coming down the stretch for me.

Game of Thrones and Mad Men right around the corner, Kevin Bacon won't be appearing in my household.

I hear a ton of House of Cards talk, must be pretty pretty good, this is only a netflix show? Doesn't come on a traditional network?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

this thread has saved me from watching the show.......thanks to all it doesn't sound worthwhile at all.

have a full dvr, didn't want to have to add another show to the mix.

for now Bar Rescue and Justified are ruling the roost with Shameless and House of Lies coming down the stretch for me.

Game of Thrones and Mad Men right around the corner, Kevin Bacon won't be appearing in my household.

I hear a ton of House of Cards talk, must be pretty pretty good, this is only a netflix show? Doesn't come on a traditional network?

Bar Rescue was a surprise for me, along with Wicked Tuna. Two shows I typically wouldn't give the time of day to, but I've really enjoyed both.

And yeah, House of Cards was produced by Netflix and it's only available through their service. For those of us who like to binge, it's really neat how they released the entire season the first day. It allows you to go as fast or slow as you like, which for me was a blast.