Fantasy Land, but why not?

Virgil

I know this will never happen, but I wish it would. Again, I know this won't happen, but I'm sure I'll see posts saying it anyways.

We have over 25 million available in cap space. More if we made some additional cuts. I know that Nix likes to build through the draft, but that was also before the rookie salary pool was adjusted and doesn't cost as much to bring these guys in. Also, we know that we have a defense that the coach needs to bring guys in to fit.

With that, here's my wish list that I again know won't happen, but would sure love to see it.

1 - Sign Flacco. (Yes, I'll pay the 2 first round picks and the 20 million. He's young, proven. Let's call it a day for the next 10 years about who our QB is)

2 - Resign Levitre and Byrd. Guys have proven their worth, pay them. Sends the right message and we would have to waste two picks just to replace them.

3 - Sign Mike Wallace. I think Stevie and him can co-exist since Stevie will still play all over the field and Wallace would absolutely take pressure off of him. Plus, look was Flacco did with Torrey Smith. Imagine him with Wallace.

4 - Sign Landry. We need a SS now and he can groom the guy we draft. Leading into...

5 - Let Pettine draft all defense. If we resign Levitre, add Flacco and Wallace, what else do we really need? Fine, get another lineman and TE in there, but I also think there will be some cheap guys in FA. But, let the guy stack up in what's considered to be a great depth draft. We wouldn't have our first because of Flacco, but who cares.

This is far fetched and won't happen, I know that. But honestly, why the hell can't it happen? If these changes occured, we would be immediately relevant. I'd expect way more than just to make the playoffs. I'd expect to win the East.

Anyways, just thoughts. I think this is going to be an interesting FA period as many teams are close to the cap and there are a bunch of proven veterans that will have to take less than they are used to.

Flame away

C'mon, what more can I do than label it Fantasy Land?

But be honest, baseball teams make moves like that all the time. Hell, Snyder and Jerry do it every chance they get. Usually it doesn't work from a chemistry standpoint, but this team is going to be revamped anyways. We've seen that with Wilson and Barnett.

Again, it's just for fun

But be honest, baseball teams make moves like that all the time. Hell, Snyder and Jerry do it every chance they get. Usually it doesn't work from a chemistry standpoint, but this team is going to be revamped anyways. We've seen that with Wilson and Barnett.

Again, it's just for fun

baseball teams do it all the time because there is not a salary cap

I look at Miami in Marino's last year, Dallas a while back, Philadelphia two years ago, Washington a bunch of times in the past. The team that finishes #1 in free agency doesn't seem to have success.

I'd be happy with a SS brought in to compete with Searcy, and re-signing Byrd and Levitre.

Again, it's just for fun

I think stealing away the incumbent Superbowl winning QB in his prime would be a new precedent though. Baltimore simply won't allow it to happen.

You are setting yourself up for a serious letdown. I do this with the Pirates every year. Never works. I see us getting a LB and SS in FA. Drafting everything else. (unless some QB like Flynn is available on the cheap).

You mean to tell us that NFL won't be lifting the salary cap rules for us and force everyone to sign with us?

2, 4, and 5 all sound possible. Landry seems to like the Jets D and if we throw decent money at him I am sure he would consider coming here, possible that we resign both Levitre and Byrd if we get one done early in the off-season the other could see the tag, and its a defense heavy draft so stocking up on that end seems likely.

Only issues I see are QB and WR. and 1 and 3 are fantasy scenarios. The way I see it is the best case is 2,4, and 5 happen and we make a move to trade for a QB while we maybe make a move for a mid level WR. But I know we are going to leave a couple of holes on the roster.

I know this will never happen, but I wish it would. Again, I know this won't happen, but I'm sure I'll see posts saying it anyways.

We have over 25 million available in cap space. More if we made some additional cuts. I know that Nix likes to build through the draft, but that was also before the rookie salary pool was adjusted and doesn't cost as much to bring these guys in. Also, we know that we have a defense that the coach needs to bring guys in to fit.

With that, here's my wish list that I again know won't happen, but would sure love to see it.

1 - Sign Flacco. (Yes, I'll pay the 2 first round picks and the 20 million. He's young, proven. Let's call it a day for the next 10 years about who our QB is)

2 - Resign Levitre and Byrd. Guys have proven their worth, pay them. Sends the right message and we would have to waste two picks just to replace them.

3 - Sign Mike Wallace. I think Stevie and him can co-exist since Stevie will still play all over the field and Wallace would absolutely take pressure off of him. Plus, look was Flacco did with Torrey Smith. Imagine him with Wallace.

4 - Sign Landry. We need a SS now and he can groom the guy we draft. Leading into...

5 - Let Pettine draft all defense. If we resign Levitre, add Flacco and Wallace, what else do we really need? Fine, get another lineman and TE in there, but I also think there will be some cheap guys in FA. But, let the guy stack up in what's considered to be a great depth draft. We wouldn't have our first because of Flacco, but who cares.

This is far fetched and won't happen, I know that. But honestly, why the hell can't it happen? If these changes occured, we would be immediately relevant. I'd expect way more than just to make the playoffs. I'd expect to win the East.

Anyways, just thoughts. I think this is going to be an interesting FA period as many teams are close to the cap and there are a bunch of proven veterans that will have to take less than they are used to.

Flame away

So after we pay Flacco 20 million, everyone else gets signed for a total of 5 million?