ObamaCare Irony

Magox

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put in perspective how far we've sunk---she would have been far better than Obama.

Yeah...but I still couldn't have stomached a 28-year span of Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Clinton-Clinton presidential terms. It's nice to not have ruling families...as far as I'm concerned, the Constitution should be amended so that no one from either of those two extended clans can run for president for another 50 years.

I will only focus on one line, which distinctly highlights again just how out to lunch the man is when it comes to real healthcare reforms in this country.

During his speech the President said this:

"
We’ll bring down costs by changing the way our government pays for Medicare, because our medical bills shouldn’t be based on the number of tests ordered or days spent in the hospital – they should be based on the quality of care that our seniors receive
."

In other words, we should stop paying for tests based on the number performed and we should stop paying for hospitals based on the number of days in which a patient stays in the hospital. Instead, we should pay based on the quality of care given, which I guess means if suddenly your stool sample turns to gold, we’ll charge more.

His approach makes no sense. Healthcare cannot be paid for based on quality of care without introducing subjective standards that will themselves drive up the costs of healthcare. He might as well claim he does not want to pay for healthcare at all or, at best, will cover the costs with unicorn farts.

http://www.redstate....-unicorn-farts/

Edited by B-Man

Yeah...but I still couldn't have stomached a 28-year span of Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Clinton-Clinton presidential terms. It's nice to not have ruling families...as far as I'm concerned, the Constitution should be amended so that no one from either of those two extended clans can run for president for another 50 years.

Let's add the Obama clan to the amendment and make it permanent.

I will only focus on one line, which distinctly highlights again just how out to lunch the man is when it comes to real healthcare reforms in this country.

During his speech the President said this:

"
We’ll bring down costs by changing the way our government pays for Medicare, because our medical bills shouldn’t be based on the number of tests ordered or days spent in the hospital – they should be based on the quality of care that our seniors receive
."

In other words, we should stop paying for tests based on the number performed and we should stop paying for hospitals based on the number of days in which a patient stays in the hospital. Instead, we should pay based on the quality of care given, which I guess means if suddenly your stool sample turns to gold, we’ll charge more.

His approach makes no sense. Healthcare cannot be paid for based on quality of care without introducing subjective standards that will themselves drive up the costs of healthcare. He might as well claim he does not want to pay for healthcare at all or, at best, will cover the costs with unicorn farts.

http://www.redstate....-unicorn-farts/

These "quality metrics" are just veiled non-payment efforts. A patient gets a complication due to any reason? No payment for you! Next!

And the healthy people will just take the penalty and wait to get sick to sign up. Then drop it once they are healthy. Meaning the sicker pay more.

BTW, I had a female patient who told me her son wanted go into medicine but after a few months at BU summed-up the situation of having to wait 12 years to start making any money, being saddled with enormous debt, and payments being ratcheted down, and decided to be a business major. Better find a doctor now, people.

California's "Solution" To Its Doctor Shortage

California has been at the forefront of ObamaCare implementation, but state lawmakers are facing a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors in the state to treat the expected influx of newly-insured patients.

A government council has recommended a physician-to-population ratio of 60 to 80 primary care doctors per 100,000 residents. Only 16 of California’s 58 counties reach this recommended supply of primary care physicians.

With ObamaCare, it’s only going to get worse.

The huge influx of newly-insured patients with ObamaCare is not the only reason for this lack of doctors. In a recent Physicians Foundation Survey, 13,575 doctors were asked how the passage of ObamaCare has affected their feelings about the future of healthcare in America. 59.3% of those surveyed said they were “less positive” about the future of American healthcare.

More than half of these physicians plan to cut back on patients, switch to cash only, or quit in the next three years. In fact, 60% of doctors surveyed said they would retire today if they could.

So, what’s California’s solution to this lack of doctors?

Redefine who can provide healthcare. Broaden the definition of “primary care provider” to include physician assistants, pharmacists, and even optometrists.

Doctors say this could greatly threaten patient safety. But, at a meeting for healthcare advocates this past December, Diana Dooley, Secretary of the California Health and Human Services Agency, said “We're going to have to provide care at lower levels. I think a lot of people are trained to do work that our licenses don't allow them to.”

What’s more important: access to care or patient safety?

National Conference of State Legislatures has reported about 350 laws altering the scope of practice of health professionals have been enacted nationwide in the last two years.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/ashleybrooks/2013/02/11/californias-solution-to-its-doctor-shortage-n1509926

The solution is for people on Medicare and Medicaid (and those who support Obamacare) to see the low level providers.

The solution is to let people get any medication they want without a prescription- and to stop giving certain pharmaceutical companies a monopoly on the American market, another solution is let Americans fly into Cuba for medical care, in fact don't restrict any foreign doctors from coming here and practicing medicine just have like a warning label ( warning got medical degree in East Slapacammelstan) sure some of them might not know what they're doing but I've had American doctors who didn't have a clue either- and if a doctor kills more than a couple patients a year you deport them.

The solution is to let people get any medication they want without a prescription- and to stop giving certain pharmaceutical companies a monopoly on the American market, another solution is let Americans fly into Cuba for medical care, in fact don't restrict any foreign doctors from coming here and practicing medicine just have like a warning label ( warning got medical degree in East Slapacammelstan) sure some of them might not know what they're doing but I've had American doctors who didn't have a clue either- and if a doctor kills more than a couple patients a year you deport them.

What is this a solution to?

What is this a solution to?

That is lybob, and others "solution" to actually countering reports of Obamacare excesses and failures.

Try and be absurd to ridicule the others opinion................it works on second graders.

That is lybob, and others "solution" to actually countering reports of Obamacare excesses and failures.

Try and be absurd to ridicule the others opinion................it works on second graders.

Conservatives are for the Keystone Pipeline, therefore they want to kill polar bears and and pollute our streams and air.

Key Democrats TURN ON OBAMACARE:

Powerful Democrats who helped write and pass Obamacare subjected the new law’s chief administrator to withering criticism at a Senate hearing yesterday. Gary Cohen, the director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, testified before the Senate Finance Committee, and the Democrats on the committee—from its Chairman
Max Baucus
to Senators
Ron Wyden, Bill Nelson, and Maria Cantwell
—tore into him. . . .

The about-face of these Democrats is a phenomenon worth pausing over.
Many formerly supportive constituencies have grown wary of Obamacare in recent weeks as we’ve learned more about the effects it will have on the health care system
. But these Senators’ 180-degree turns are something more severe.

The fate of the Democratic party in America over the next decade is tied to Obama’s healthcare reform. If it is seen to be a success, America could trend Democratic for the foreseeable future. If it fails, liberalism as we’ve known it will take a massive hit. But, so far, support for Obamacare has been waning instead of waxing. Even a recent piece by Talking Points Memo that placed the blame for Obamacare’s potential failure on Republicans noted that the law’s unpopularity with the public at large was the number one threat to its success. Democrats are getting nervous and consequently are trying to put some distance between themselves and the ACA.

Good luck with that.

OBAMACARE UPDATE: Will young adults face ‘rate shock’ because of the health-care law?

Meanwhile, my former colleague Colleen Medill, an ERISA expert, writes:

I don’t know if you will see this in your volume of email, but you might.

I am deeply into studying the impact of Obamacare on employers, and I have been communicating with highly sophisticated ERISA lawyers who are advising employers, from Fortune 50 companies to small firms under 50 employees, on whether to keep or drop or modify their employer group health plans.

It has become very clear to everyone involved who is analytical and not ideological that
the rational strategy, for both large and small firms, is to cease providing health care insurance to employees.

No company wants to admit that they are considering eliminating health insurance as an option, or be the first one to drop their health insurance plan, but once a competitor does so,
the preference cascade will begin. The clear sentiment is “We will not be the first one to drop our health insurance plan, but we would be a close second.

The coming preference cascade for employer group health plans is what the Democrats fear the most, because Obamacare was sold to the masses as “if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it.”

The people who really know the law, and who have been following the avalanche of regulations, have already figured this out. It will take a while for this specialized knowledge to seep downward, because right now only $800+ an hour ERISA attorneys and the most sophisticated HR people understand how Obamacare really works.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/163580/

OBAMACARE UPDATE: Will young adults face ‘rate shock’ because of the health-care law?

Meanwhile, my former colleague Colleen Medill, an ERISA expert, writes:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/163580/

The ACA is e foot in the door to nationalized medical coverage (whether you like the idea or not...).

Decoupling employment and coverage is most likely an intended side effect meant to help expedite the shift.

The ACA is e foot in the door to nationalized medical coverage (whether you like the idea or not...).

Decoupling employment and coverage is most likely an intended side effect meant to help expedite the shift.

That was a foregone conclusion once it wasn't declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS. All the lies in the world to the contrary by this administration and his partners in crime in the legislature were just that. Lies to get this abortion of a bill passed and send us on the path to universal health coverage/care and Nanny state interference in our lives.

Edited by 3rdnlng