ObamaCare Irony

Magox

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in the mood to fight this battle. Been up for the last 48 hours at the premier cardiovascular center in the world. My dad, who has worked almost every day in his life since he was out of knickers (that's an indication of his age) and is "well heeled" revels in work. He doesn't need to for the sake of money. At the age of 87 he had heart surgery today. He's very capable of continuing to work at what he loves for another decade, as long as that aorta valve repalacement and those stents perform. He'll not be tossed aside for your "end of life" compromises so that f'n slackers can steal his rightful healthcare. I'm not looking at this as anectodal, so choose your response carefully.

Your father, and your family will be in my prayers. Take care, man.

Oh, if only the GOP chose John Huntsman.

Welcome.

Oh, if only the GOP chose John Huntsman.

Again, welcome.

Post(s) #1 and #8 and #15

http://forums.twobil...e__hl__huntsman

Post# 229

http://forums.twobil...an#entry2360612

Post#18

http://forums.twobil...an#entry2330395

By the way, he got my "write-in" vote.

Edited by Juror#8

More than 700 pages of healthcare rules released

The Obama administration on Friday released more than 700 pages of new regulations to implement portions of the Affordable Care Act.

The four rules, which are scheduled for publication in mid-March, finalize both major and minor parts of the healthcare reform law that Congress passed in 2010.

Three of the regulations are final and roll out the multistate healthcare exchanges and reforms to the insurance market, including provisions to encourage cost-sharing, stabilize health insurance premiums and prevent providers from denying coverage.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said the rules would “help to ensure that every American has access to high-quality, affordable health insurance.”

The rules will become effective on May 11, and HHS will take comments on an interim final regulation regarding cost-savings programs and government risk pooling for 60 days after those rules are published.

The other rule is a proposal to implement the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP), making it effective on Jan. 1, 2015.

The change in the effective date is due to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services receiving comments that warned of the difficulties in implementing the program.

The SHOPs will be integrated into state insurance exchanges as a service to small employers that choose to join.

The program is designed to make it easier for small businesses to offer employees a range of coverage choices. Through the SHOP system, workers will be able to compare plans side-by-side, and employers will have the option of making a monthly payment to SHOP rather than multiple insurance plans.