ObamaCare Irony

Magox

or it might provide basic healthcare for nearly all americans and help avoid epidemics of things like tb, pertussis and influenza that might well effect well heeled citizens if not for it.....

Yep. The solution to underfunded public health programs is to take money from them and use that to make health insurance more expensive whilst doing jack **** to control actual health care costs.

You're an idiot.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. The solution to underfunded public health programs is to take money from them and use that to make health insurance more expensive whilst doing jack **** to control actual health care costs.

You're an idiot.

birddog's solution is for everything to be paid at Medicaid rates. And if that happens, you can kiss doctors in the US goodbye.

The poor are covered by Medicaid. If they don't seek medical care, that's their fault.

you really think 1700 people came from 4 states to wait in line for hours for care provided in a tent when they could get care in a nice warm modern office building with a scheduled appointment and the bills fully covered by medicaid? sure, that makes sense.

you really think 1700 people came from 4 states to wait in line for hours for care provided in a tent when they could get care in a nice warm modern office building with a scheduled appointment and the bills fully covered by medicaid? sure, that makes sense.

What makes "sense" to some people is an enigma, birddog. It makes "sense" to take care of yourself, live within your means, and not waste money on frivolous wants when you need something like health care. And while I can't tell you everyone's situation, I'd wager most of them would have been eligible for Medicaid.

What makes "sense" to some people is an enigma, birddog. It makes "sense" to take care of yourself, live within your means, and not waste money on frivolous wants when you need something like health care. And while I can't tell you everyone's situation, I'd wager most of them would have been eligible for Medicaid.

you'd be wrong. there are about 50 million uninsured americans. they aren't eligible for medicaid these people represent a very few. it's an inconvenient truth but one that the ACA will begin to address.

So, you post 2 links to people getting free healthcare to prove that people are being denied healthcare?

we obviously don't have the same definition of "civilized". it doesn't shame you as an american that people get better care in much less affluent countries without having to stand in the cold to be treated in a tent? this is no way to deliver "care". this is a once a year bandaid that doesn't even begin to staunch the bleeding. and stepping up to attempt to stop an epidemic after a real threat is perceived isn't effective "healthcare" to me. "societies should be judged on the way they treat the least fortunate"..... epic fail.

we obviously don't have the same definition of "civilized". it doesn't shame you as an american that people get better care in much less affluent countries without having to stand in the cold to be treated in a tent? this is no way to deliver "care". this is a once a year bandaid that doesn't even begin to staunch the bleeding. and stepping up to attempt to stop an epidemic after a real threat is perceived isn't effective "healthcare" to me. "societies should be judged on the way they treat the least fortunate"..... epic fail.

Why is it with liberals that when all else fails, especially their argument, their either yell at you, call you names, or try to shame you into their way of thinking?

Incidentally, when Obamacare was being shoved down our throat, there were 30 million uninsured. Now that the law is passed, there are suddenly 50 million uninsured?

So you actually think the people on Skid Row would go to the doctor on their own volition? Do you also think that they don't qualify for Medicaid? People drive from 14 states because they can't afford a doctor's visit? Nice job changing the subject from no healthcare to civilized healthcare.

Why is it with liberals that when all else fails, especially their argument, their either yell at you, call you names, or try to shame you into their way of thinking?

Incidentally, when Obamacare was being shoved down our throat, there were 30 million uninsured. Now that the law is passed, there are suddenly 50 million uninsured?

That evil Romney took away their birth control.

So you actually think the people on Skid Row would go to the doctor on their own volition? Do you also think that they don't qualify for Medicaid? People drive from 14 states because they can't afford a doctor's visit? Nice job changing the subject from no healthcare to civilized healthcare.

many on skidrow are mentally ill. in many countries their care would be overseen by social workers or nurses. here, very often they get it in prisons. if you're good with that then there's no point discussing health care with you.the number of uninsured is debated. so, if it's closer to 30 million (which i don't concede), does that change things? does that make it unlikely that a large percentage of the people flocking to that tent and other free clinics are uninsured? no, because it is so. and do you truly believe that charity care fills all the basic healthcare voids for 30 million people? 50 million? it doesn't. plain and simple.

many on skidrow are mentally ill. in many countries their care would be overseen by social workers or nurses. here, very often they get it in prisons. if you're good with that then there's no point discussing health care with you.the number of uninsured is debated. so, if it's closer to 30 million (which i don't concede), does that change things? does that make it unlikely that a large percentage of the people flocking to that tent and other free clinics are uninsured? no, because it is so. and do you truly believe that charity care fills all the basic healthcare voids for 30 million people? 50 million? it doesn't. plain and simple.

Who is Medicaid for? Try answering that without throwing out canards such as "mentally ill", "other countries" and "prisons",

Who is Medicaid for? Try answering that without throwing out canards such as "mentally ill", "other countries" and "prisons",

medicaid covers the poor. there are 30- 50 million "near poor" that aren't covered by any type of health insurance. the aca does exacly what i presume you are suggesting: extending medicaid to many of those people.

medicaid covers the poor. there are 30- 50 million "near poor" that aren't covered by any type of health insurance. the aca does exacly what i presume you are suggesting: extending medicaid to many of those people.

How does this extension of medicaid get paid for?

People who are indigent or mentally ill, or anyone else who isn't seeking out health care for that matter, aren't having their health care improved by anything.

many are seeking health care...like the 1700 i cited. for the most part, they've been unsusseful.

How does this extension of medicaid get paid for?

now, who is changing the subject? i thought we were arguing about the presence or absence of universal healthcare access.

many are seeking health care...like the 1700 i cited. for the most part, they've been unsusseful.

now, who is changing the subject? i thought we were arguing about the presence or absence of universal healthcare access.

Oh, good grief...

You're speaking about .0034% of the uninsured population, if we're to believe your 50 million figure...

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No, you stated that Obamacare was an extension of Medicaid and I asked you who would pay for it. Does it not matter?