Great article ranking free agents..Rotoworld

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grabbing Bushrod just seems to go well with having Levitre on hand.

Guy's a 2x Pro Bowl LT - was Cordy Glenn all that great in his rookie season?

Bushrod has not played that well. He constantly is getting help and is protected by coaches/scheme/qb

Would be a HUGE mistake.

Bushrod has not played that well. He constantly is getting help and is protected by coaches/scheme/qb

Not to mention bounties on opposing DEs & OLBs :nana:

Would be a HUGE mistake.

Fair enuff, but if Hairston is our starting RT, I remain concerned about an OT depth chart of Sam Young/Thomas Welch/Chris Scott

(We have seen, over the past 2 consecutive seasons, our entire OL drop like flies as the seasons wore on.)

A little veteran leadership couldn't hurt this young OL, either - though it doesn't HAVE to be Bushrod. Who else then?

Byrd, Levitre, Wallace

No thanks to Wallace...He is a one trick pony like Lee Evans. And after his me-first selfish attitude, the Steelers have rightly shown the door. He will soon find out that his value was because of the great QB he had on that team.

I am moat intrigued in Hartline as far as WRs go. Solid campaign this year with an iffy QB. Wallace has attitude issues, Jennings isn't who he used to be, and Bowe is only a year younger than Jennings.

He seems like a decent deep throat, and at least a good number 2 compliment to Stevie.

Something on your mind or do you just really like Hartline?

I wouldn't touch Kruger. Great pass rushers cause offensive lines to rotate their coverage over to them. That doesn't happen with Kruger. He's a beneficiary of the Baltimore system.

Some team switching to a 3-4 this year is going to way overpay for him. I hope it's not us.

Then can we get that Baltimore system? I'd take Kruger. Looks like a good ball player to me.

Byrd will get franchised---one of the cheapest franchise level positions.

Levitre should be signed because of his versatility and health. a Guard in this league is easily replaceable. You dont want to pay him too much....then it will throw the rest of their OL out of whack in terms of salary. Your LT is what should be earning the most money.

As for UFAs they go out and shop for....

look for them to go after Bowe or Wallace (if neither franchised)

look for then to possibly acquire Revis--if not they will look at CB lmaybe Talib.

look for them to get a LB from the Jets oir Ravens who is a free agent/cap casualty..

He would be a beneficiary of Mario Williams and other players on this team. Just like Paup. He was not that great - he just had tremendous talent all around him to let him wreck the offense.

Cornelius Bennett was a very talented player. He played on a 3-4 defense; and played on the same team as Bruce Smith in his prime. He never had more than 9.5 sacks in a season.

Paup also played on a 3-4 defense, and played alongside an aging Bruce Smith. Paup had 17.5 sacks in his best season.

Prior to his injury, Paup was that great.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Keep Byrd and Levitre(if around 7mil a season).

Go after Bowe and Cason. Cason would be a good add to our D i think. He is young and has shown to be solid but not great to this point(a big upgrade over ever other corner except Gilmore on our roster last year). Him and Gilmore would be a nice CB tandem for the next 4 years. Bowe provides the wr to help take pressure off Stevie.

If The Bills pulled off these moves i think we would be helping both sides of the ball greatly.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975