Dorin Dickerson (update - re-signed with Bills)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fascination is just like it was with Lief Larson, Olaf Pilar, Justin Armour, Gabe Northern and others. A lot of raw talent, a lot of things you cannot coach, speed, size, strength, and fun names.

You can coach/develop/produce/improve catching, passing, vision, blocking, etc.

There are great athletes on many teams that never are great football players. Ours are Brad Smith, McKelvin, Dickerson.

Nix gets a ton of crap for not taking Gronk over Troup, and I get it. But, IIRC Gronk missed his entire pre draft year due to injury. Now it seems he's living up to his pre draft reports - stud when healthy but injured often.

So you are defending taking Troupe over Gronk due to Gronks health concerns??? Troupe hasn't played in two years and was mediocre at best his first year. Gronk has been All Pro. Where is your logic?

Dickerson seems more Delanie Walker then Vernon Davis. Versatile guy who probably will be a jack of all trades player in a few years.

THIS!!

I believe that if Dorin is indeed a willing blocker, he can be Buffalo's version of Delanie Walker.

So you are defending taking Troupe over Gronk due to Gronks health concerns??? Troupe hasn't played in two years and was mediocre at best his first year. Gronk has been All Pro. Where is your logic?

Re-read my post. I'm simply saying that the injury concerns surrounding Gronkowski coming out of college seem to have some teeth. Nothing more.

He's another one that we know little or nothing about ! At the beginning of last year the hype on him was way up there & the use (like that of T Jack) was little to none .

They said he was going to be a big part of the offense last year, well if that warrants a big part i hope this regimes definition is much different !!

Why bring some one in if you don't use them just to take up space ?

We need all the help we can get !!

Re-read my post. I'm simply saying that the injury concerns surrounding Gronkowski coming out of college seem to have some teeth. Nothing more.

The concerns with his back were severe enough to drop him virtually a whole round in the 2010 draft. And back injuries, especially ones requiring surgery, are a major red flag. Whether his back is an issue in the future remains to be seen, but in the meantime, other injuries have crept-up. The Pats took a chance and were rewarded, at least initially.

He's another one that we know little or nothing about ! At the beginning of last year the hype on him was way up there & the use (like that of T Jack) was little to none .

They said he was going to be a big part of the offense last year, well if that warrants a big part i hope this regimes definition is much different !!

Why bring some one in if you don't use them just to take up space ?

We need all the help we can get !!

Seriously, you remember hype? He was active for 7 games with Houston in 2010, then 11 for Buffalo last year. You remember hype for a guy who hadn't dressed for a football game in 2 years? What board did you read this hype on?

Am I mistaken......or is Dorin Dickerson also a free agent this year? What does everyone think about bringing him back? Personally I would like to see him back again. Interesting to see what he could bring if given more of an opportunity. For now as we continue to discuss Levitre and Byrd, I guess he goes in the forgotten man category along with Moats (yes, he is still on the team) :)

Scorin' Dorin has a really bad set of hands. Maybe not Robert Royal bad, but probably too bad to ever make an impact in the NFL. I was hoping to see him make some plays after Chandler got hurt, but then he couldn't catch the ball. He later fell after dropping a very easy, wide open pass and injured himself. Which game was that?

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Seems to me he dropped a few key balls

His drops where like Cj's, meaning most of his drops where when Chan had them lined up wide outside of their comfort zone. When running routes from a position they have playing for their entire football career the efficiency increases. Look at punt returns...just because you have an athletically gifted player you cant just stick him in to return punts, the timing and judgment just isn't there, same goes for lining an interior player out wide.

I prefer Torin Dorn.

If he was a tile guy he'd be Floorin' Dorin.

If he was a in a tooth paste ad he'd be Grin'n Dorin.

If he was the leader of Russia he'd be Stalin Dorin.

If he was he was a mine worker he'd be Borin Dorin.

If he was he was the cure to a bee sting, he'd be Epinephrin Dorin.

If he was a a former soldier in the military he'd be veteran Dorin.

If he was a 16th Century English Protestant he'd be Puritan Dorin.

If he was a gentle of the working night, he'd be whorin' Dorin.

If he was from Ecuador, he'd be Foreign Ecuadorian Dorin.

If he was he ran a prison, he'd be Warden Dorin.

If he was too tired to do on a Saturday night, he would not be spending his time doing this, he'd be snorin Dorin.

Nix gets a ton of crap for not taking Gronk over Troup, and I get it. But, IIRC Gronk missed his entire pre draft year due to injury. Now it seems he's living up to his pre draft reports - stud when healthy but injured often.

Stop cramping Captain Hinsight's style. If Troup doesn't develop a back injury AFTER being drafted who knows what we're saying about him. And if Gronk was drafted instead & spent the last 3 years on IR you guys would be cussing Buddy for drafting a guy w/ a history of health problems.

• 4 weeks later...