Dorin Dickerson (update - re-signed with Bills)

Am I mistaken......or is Dorin Dickerson also a free agent this year? What does everyone think about bringing him back? Personally I would like to see him back again. Interesting to see what he could bring if given more of an opportunity. For now as we continue to discuss Levitre and Byrd, I guess he goes in the forgotten man category along with Moats (yes, he is still on the team) :)

Edited by buffalobillsgrl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two TE's - Caussin and Dickerson, worthy of noting, especially because it is widely viewed that we have problems at TE and hope to address. Nix has stated that he wants a TE that can last an entire season. With the failures of recent high value and big name TE's going to other teams I think a lot can be said that TE's are not very good in the modern NFL. Of course, that is because they want TE's with stats.

If we get rid of Caussin and Dickerson who do we bring in? Do we want to use a pick before the 3rd to secure a TE before we shore up the LB's and QB? Do we look at the list of FA's and try to get one? There really are not that many attractive FA's out there but one I am starting to like is Brandon Myers from Oakland. He had over 750 yards, and a stunning 10 yards per completion. Prior to a week or two ago I really did not know much about him. If we do not keep Caussin then we will bring in someone else. Lee Smith may not look appealing but he is a great blocker with attitude. A dream would be Smith, Chandler, and Myers.

Per Rotoworld

So, to get back to Dickerson, should we keep him? What role would he have in our offense? Do we need a 4th TE? Is he even a TE? Yes, it might not be much, yes, and some times. Dickerson is fast, athletic, and belongs on special teams. He can offer more then that. He can stretch a field and play football. I would just as soon keep Dickerson then I would a 4th RB.

yeah he did, a couple very key ones too. very disappointing

im sure the coaches will take a long look at him tho. seems like that h-back is a hot wrinkle in the nfl these days

Yes i recall he could get open but dropped too many.

needs to work on hands and blocking

But i agree he is worth a hard look.

I think Caussin may not make it past camp.

Chandler Smith Dickerson and ...... hopefully

Two TE's - Caussin and Dickerson, worthy of noting, especially because it is widely viewed that we have problems at TE and hope to address. Nix has stated that he wants a TE that can last an entire season. With the failures of recent high value and big name TE's going to other teams I think a lot can be said that TE's are not very good in the modern NFL. Of course, that is because they want TE's with stats.

So, to get back to Dickerson, should we keep him? What role would he have in our offense? Do we need a 4th TE? Is he even a TE? Yes, it might not be much, yes, and some times. Dickerson is fast, athletic, and belongs on special teams. He can offer more then that. He can stretch a field and play football. I would just as soon keep Dickerson then I would a 4th RB.

Ralph said it IIRC.

If Dickerson is a willing blocker you keep him. We might finally see the end of Corey Mc (unless his special teams prowess lands him a spot).

Nix gets a ton of crap for not taking Gronk over Troup, and I get it. But, IIRC Gronk missed his entire pre draft year due to injury. Now it seems he's living up to his pre draft reports - stud when healthy but injured often.

He's a first ballot HOF'er when healthy, above average when nicked up and a great dancer when really hurt. This guy has it all. :)