jboyst62: well worth repeating

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of love for the farmer one. That's surprising, or maybe not. Talk about manipulative. Taking the last remaining shred of true americana, a culture that's under siege from all angles and dying a slow and painful death, then using it to sell cars. I found it shameful.

Ummm, there was a Black Farmer in the Commercial.

FYI, at 49 seconds.

Damn, so there was. I fell asleep during that commercial so not surprised I missed the 1.0 out of 120 seconds they showed someone not white.

Loved the Paul Harvey "Farmer Ad." for Dodge Pick-ups. Straight forward touch of Americana. Don't see enough stuff on TV that shows admiration and respect for eachother.

But it wasn't showing admiration or respect for farmers or the viewers. It was manipulating you into thinking that's what they were doing when in reality they were commercializing the decay of the only true slice of Americana left.

What's destroying independent farmers? Big, corporate Agro. I'm sure Monsantos got a big chuckle out of that ad.

Shameful is what it was. Manipulative and shameful. Wake up, people.

Even I... YES I... Picked up on that doosy Harvey gave in 1978 to the youth farmers! Then it was Chrysler... WHO got bailed out! (yet, to their credit refinanced out from the US gov't) OH MY! Shameful is an understatement. But heck, who cares... Galvanized the truck buying crowd in Montana. Last year they got the left! Hey, if it works!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

But it wasn't showing admiration or respect for farmers or the viewers. It was manipulating you into thinking that's what they were doing when in reality they were commercializing the decay of the only true slice of Americana left.

What's destroying independent farmers? Big, corporate Agro. I'm sure Monsantos got a big chuckle out of that ad.

This^

And throwing some "God" into it, just to rub it in.

Edited by Manti'sMicro

You make a great point with your post. I'll bet ADM got a big :lol: too.