I talked to several NFL Scouts today about the QB's and who is #1?

Today I talked with four NFL Scouts and i thought I would share with you what they said about the current quarterback situation. I posted an article, I thought I would share it since the Bills are definitely looking for a quarterback. I thought it was very interesting that Matt Barkley's stock is still there. Not moving down.

I hope you enjoy it, God Bless and Go Bills

Edited by SDS
site promotion not allowed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe B/C of the events this off season at One Bills dr. that we will be taking Nassib at #8.

That being said i am totally against taking a QB this year with our first pick ! I believe there will be a QB with just as good intangibles in the later rounds & with our needs at LB which have proven to be one of our biggest I say we go there first with all the talent at that position in this years draft.

I think one QB that will be there in the later rounds with a good arm but needs to be worked with is Tyler Bray. The kid is raw but has good mobility & has a NFL arm, he just needs NFL insight on hte position.

I hope our draft goes LB - WR - QB & with what the FA market is looking like we can get another decent QB to either stop gap this year & replace Fitz, keep Fitz, or release him & throw the kid into the fire.

Our choices aren't the best this year & i hope the new guys will make the right ones ???

I believe B/C of the events this off season at One Bills dr. that we will be taking Nassib at #8.

That's the going pop-mentality because Marrone's from SU, but Marrone would disagree.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/20039051/big-east-notebook-syracuse-coach-doug-marrone-wishes-uscs-matt-barkley-left-early-for-nfl

Just watched a bunch of Barkley videos and I like what I see. Too bad he was getting mauled on nearly every play this year, because if he had real OL he'd be a clear cut #1 QB this year. He looked awesome last year but had a defender in his face within 2 secs of the snap on nearly every play this year. He's good though. I can't say I'd complain if the Bills grabbed him 1st round.

That's the going pop-mentality because Marrone's from SU, but Marrone would disagree.

http://www.cbssports...t-early-for-nfl

This looks like it might just be the pick at 8. I hope he stinks it up during USCs pro day so he falls to us...LOL.

Today I talked with four NFL Scouts and i thought I would share with you what they said about the current quarterback situation. I posted an article, I thought I would share it since the Bills are definitely looking for a quarterback. I thought it was very interesting that Matt Barkley's stock is still there. Not moving down.

http://nomorelinks....s-draft-boards/

I hope you enjoy it, God Bless and Go Bills

Good read...TY! B-)

Just watched a bunch of Barkley videos and I like what I see. Too bad he was getting mauled on nearly every play this year, because if he had real OL he'd be a clear cut #1 QB this year. He looked awesome last year but had a defender in his face within 2 secs of the snap on nearly every play this year. He's good though. I can't say I'd complain if the Bills grabbed him 1st round.

This looks like it might just be the pick at 8. I hope he stinks it up during USCs pro day so he falls to us...LOL.

That's the thing about Barkley...While I'm not a big fan of his, I do admit I was really impressed with his toughness this season...Just watch that Stanford game...He gets absolutely mangled...But he kept getting up...He's a tough minded kid...I'll give him that much for sure... B-)

No problem, I cannot wait for this draft process. I hope we hit the nail on the head

I'm hoping for Manuel simply because I think he's got the most upside...Plus I'm assuming Geno will be gone...Overall the QB class does not thrill me...But I think Manuel could be really good if everything falls right for him...I'm also hoping the Bills take 2 QB's in this Draft... B-)

Minus the shoulder issues I'd venture he has the highest floors but when one the lowest upsides among the top group. His special quality is that he's polished at this point which points to less room for growth, not that he has a unique potential that he needs to figure out how to tap.

I'd liken my evaluation of Barkley as sandwiched between luck and dalton - two other high floor, lower risk guys. He's got more arm talent than dalton but not the special qualities of luck.... Disclaimer that I only watched so many games of any of those 3 in college.

When I hear high upside I picture a guy like glennon for instance who has potential to do things no one else can do, but glennon is also higher risk.

Barkleys a 401k while the others a lotto ticket.

Edited by NoSaint

By far, I don't know why I put probably, I apologize for that

That sounded like something Incarcerated bob would say. I will fix it

I personally think that you just had the "probably" and "by far" in the wrong places....

"Barkley is probably the most impressive quarterback in this draft by far. Highest upside."

The conclusion you reached from talking to a select number of scouts was that "Barkley is by far the most impressive QB...". It is probably correct.....but you can't be definitive as it is possible that the 4 scouts you interviewed all had abnormal views on Barkley compared to the other scouts not interviewed(not likely)......hence the word "probably" is added.

.....unless of course you are stating your own critical skills assessment of the QB talent and not basing it on the 4 scouts you interviewed.

Edited by Dibs