I talked to several NFL Scouts today about the QB's and who is #1?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter what QB we draft or where. My bet is that no one is starting material, and Fitz or a veteran gets the nod in 2013.

Tim-

This is what I was thinking at first, but I've been warming up to this Barkley kid. He can play in a west coast system(Marone likes an uptempo offense with west coast characteristics) and he utterly torched Syracuse while Marone was there. In 2011, he dominated. In 2012 he had a defender in his face the whole game and still beat them. That OL he played behind in 2012 was awful. That's why he looked great in 2011 and just average in 2012.

The thing that I liked most is when a WR goes deep to an outside corner, he places the ball perfectly over the WRs shoulder(kind of a pet peeve of mine concerning Fitz). He also uses the screen pass well(that's important with guys like CJ and Fred in the lineup). And if he isn't running for his life, he is very accurate.

Yep, I was thinking our best bet would be to just run with Fitz again this year but now I am kind of hoping this kid is the pick at #8.

Why the superlatives? "This guy is gonna be awesome!" "This guy is gonna suck?" Haven't we learned that it's a complete crap shoot? Half this board was certain Cam Newton was going to suck. No ones knows anything. Not the Bills front office, not Damond Talbot, not you, not me. I'm a Tyler Wilson guy right now. But I didn't watch all his games, I'm half talking out my ass when I say I like him. And so is everyone else. The Bills are going to draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2 and I will be optimistic about whomever they take.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Keep in mind NiagaraBill was one of the few people that voted Yes in the "Should we trade Mario for Skelton?" poll, and was serious about it.

Rofl....that's for the info. I don't think I ever opened that thread. I suppose maybe I should pour a glass of Jameson, light up a funny cigar and enjoy the show. I didn't think anyone but BB could possibly think it was a good idea.

Good post :thumbsup:

I look at Barkley and see a newer version of Ryan Fitzpatrick, short for a prototypical NFL QB, and only average arm, only this new version has better accuracy and can win games, a lot of games. Huge difference!

I look at Mike Glennon and see a taller version of Trent Edwards, (who got beat up and didn't have a very good O line, likes to dump the ball off to RB's) and perhaps is another Joe Flacco clone. Like Flacco he will need to be drafted into a solid offense to be able to fully develop. While Glennon has footwork issues he has a picture perfect over the top ball delivery.

I watch Tyler Bray and see another Jay Cutler type (a gunslinger) with a rocket arm, but a guy with only a 3/4 delivery like Phillip Rivers. Bray has footwork and delivery issues that if corrected he could easily be the most outstanding QB in this years draft.

Considering 6 of the 7 teams drafting in front of the Bills all need a franchise QB, it might be difficult to draft anyone besides Bray. Just watch all this years QB's climb up into the first round, at least 5.

Why do people keep saying this? IMO, the Browns, Eagles, Raiders, and Lions are set at QB and will not be drafting one.

Today I talked with four NFL Scouts and i thought I would share with you what they said about the current quarterback situation. I posted an article, I thought I would share it since the Bills are definitely looking for a quarterback. I thought it was very interesting that Matt Barkley's stock is still there. Not moving down.

http://nomorelinks....s-draft-boards/

I hope you enjoy it, God Bless and Go Bills

Great post

Interesting, he might be high on the Bills board as well.

I'm saying whoever they get in the first round better better be able to play THIS year.

Either a QB or LB. At this point I'll be happy with either one.

Today I talked with four NFL Scouts and i thought I would share with you what they said about the current quarterback situation. I posted an article, I thought I would share it since the Bills are definitely looking for a quarterback. I thought it was very interesting that Matt Barkley's stock is still there. Not moving down.

http://nomorelinks....s-draft-boards/

I hope you enjoy it, God Bless and Go Bills

It was a long time ago, but I recall that Dan Marino was extremely highly regarded after his Junior year at Pitt, then had a sub-par Senior year and fell to the bottom of the first round. He turned out OK, though. Maybe the same thing will happen to Barkley. I saw USC play a lot this year, and they had a lot of problems, not least of which was horrific coaching from Lane Kiffen and his daddy.

Why do people keep saying this? IMO, the Browns, Eagles, Raiders, and Lions are set at QB and will not be drafting one.

The browns are set with Brandon Weedon? The raiders are set with Carson Palmer? If chip Kelly is planning on going with Vick, the eagles are set, until he gets hurt. Then he's forced to go with Foles, who has limited mobility and is unlikely to fit his system. The lions are set.::

I would be upset if he ended up with a veteran qb and he started and we didn't draft a QB. But I would guarantee we get a QB

Alex Smith is the only real veteran option for the Bills.

If they do go this route, I think they're officially "going for the gold". That means that all early picks (keep in mind that a 3rd or 4th will be used in the trade for Alex) will be used for BPA starting players...WR, OL, LB, DE. Going with Smith and signing him to a big contract means that the Bills are locked in and are betting he's the guy to take them to the Superbowl. To me, that means that a QB won't be taken by the Bills until the 4th or later rounds. Also, once they did get Smith, I could see them attempting to trade back and target a WR in the 1st and adding another 2nd round pick in the process. That would seem be the most logical approach.

Edited by 1billsfan

I agree with Smith as the only viable option, i just hope that he is not the guy for us.

Chris Kouffman@ckparrot

Reality is Doug Marrone viewed Matt Barkley as the best QB on the college landscape even when Luck and Griffin were playing. That's his guy.

Check this out this is from the guy in the Orlando Sentinenial

I agree with Smith as the only viable option, i just hope that he is not the guy for us.

I wasn't too thrilled at first with the notion of it being Alex Smith. But I've warmed up to the idea lately. This team was built for Fitzpatrick to take them to the playoffs this year and the Superbowl the year after that. So going with Smith keeps the team moving along the same basic plan with the difference of course being this coming year is the playoffs and the Superbowl would be two years away.

Going the rookie 1st or 2nd round route may be riskier in that when he does hopefully become very good (until recently, this process usually took three years) the teams current best players will be gone. I think Smith is a seasoned talented QB with a huge chip on his shoulder. I like that, especially in an AFC where Brady and Manning will be as good as gone in a couple of years.