[OT] What should I take?

Just Jack

Today I woke up feeling a little run down. Thinking I was just sleepy, I went to work. Once I got there I started feeling a little tickle in my throat. As the day has gone on, I've been feeling worse and worse. Chills, run down, and the throat is still bad with a slight cough. I'm going to stop at Wegmans on the way home and load up on some drugs, what should I look for?

Thanks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure but I bet its somehow Drew's fault. So, I'd suggest contacting TD and getting him to publicly state that JP is our starter (or possibly even Kitna). I'm sure that will make everyone feel better and we might even attain world peace.

Today I woke up feeling a little run down. Thinking I was just sleepy, I went to work. Once I got there I started feeling a little tickle in my throat. As the day has gone on, I've been feeling worse and worse. Chills, run down, and the throat is still bad with a slight cough. I'm going to stop at Wegmans on the way home and load up on some drugs, what should I look for?

Thanks.

196018[/snapback]

If you can sneak in to the pharms try to get some Hydrocodone. Then mail it to me.

But, if not, ask the pharmacist. I always do that simply because they know what is going around and can give better advice on what has worked for people.

sorry....actually the most important thing to me when i get that is rest...so i always take cherry flavor Wegmans brand Nyquil. I take the little cup thing and fill it right to the top.

then...if i still feel like crap the next morning...i call in sick and go see the Doc.

Thanks.

196018[/snapback]

With symptoms like that, I think the only cure is more cowbell...

tapioca pudding always makes me feel good inside....mmmm mmmmm, i loves me my tapioca puddin'

Thanks.

196018[/snapback]

Thanks.

196018[/snapback]

4 ibuprofen every 4 hours and drink as much water as possible. Plus some Gatorade.

If you want to avoid sore throats, at the first sign of the "tickle", begin gargling with either hydrogen peroxide or listerine 2-3x per day. I haven't had a sore throat in like 10 years.

As for the feeling like crap, try a nice glass of scotch :w00t:

I've already drank about 100oz of water today. Not sure how much of it I pee'd. I'll see what the pharmcy recommends, and I'm already planning on telling work that if I come in, I'll be late. No way am I setting my alarm tonight and getting up at 5am like usual.

Listen,

If its a cold and not the flu, there is one product out there that actually WORKS.

You have to take it when you first start feeling symptoms (like you are now). It makes your cold symptoms much less severe and makes your cold last all of 48 hours.

Works GREAT.

Its called Zicam.

Its pretty expensive (like $11 or $12 for a little bottle) but its the only thing I've ever used that doesnt just cover up what you're feeling.

Try it. Love it. :w00t:

Not drugs. Chicken Soup with a ginger based broth and some garlic. Make sure it has broccoli and other "anti-oxident" rich veggies in it. Pick up some berries (elder and choke are the best - have the highest anti-oxident levels in them). Lots of different juices.

Drugs do little more than mask symptoms. Let Mother Nature's best do the work and your liver will thank you.

If you want to avoid sore throats, at the first sign of the "tickle", begin gargling with either hydrogen peroxide or listerine 2-3x per day. I haven't had a sore throat in like 10 years.

As for the feeling like crap, try a nice glass of scotch :w00t:

196074[/snapback]

But what do you think about Bledsoe?