Former teammate talks about Marrone & Nassib

Alphadawg7

This was a great read and lots of good info on Marrone as a HC and his impact on Syracuse as well as Nassib as a leader and teammate.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1498411-a-former-teammates-take-on-ryan-nassib-and-doug-marrone

More and more stuff I read the more I like the Marrone hiring. And the more I read about Nassib and his intangibles the more receptive I am becoming of taking him at 8 if available.

Edited by Alphadawg7

If they drafted Nassib it would be a very interesting experiment. In essence, you'd be getting a rookie going into his 4th year of the offense with the same coach and OC. It's never been done before and I almost want them to do it, just to see if it is as advantageous as it appears,on paper, that it might be .

If they drafted Nassib it would be a very interesting experiment. In essence, you'd be getting a rookie going into his 4th year of the offense with the same coach and OC. It's never been done before and I almost want them to do it, just to see if it is as advantageous as it appears,on paper, that it might be .

The closest thing I can think of would be in Miami last year with Ryan Tannehill and Mike Sherman who was Tannehill's head coach in college and OC for his rookie year in Miami.

I think they got generally good reviews but on the other hand, didn't set the world on fire.

I don't have a problem with Nassib. They know his weaknesses and how to avoid them

That's an interesting way of looking at it.

I guess you could also say, they would know how to play to his strengths.

Very good point, Van. Another thing to consider is Nassib improved incrementally each year he was under Marrone. At least thats whats been reported.

GO BILLS. This wwill be an interesting season either way.

jb

Thanks AD.

I too, like J2020 get more excited after everything I read and hear about these guys together. At first I was a little worried about Hackett, but its sounding like he had a lot to add to Nassibs development.

If he Didnt have that much to add, then Nassib really is that good, and even thought he's not a Bill yet, if he was that good and progressive over his years with Marrone and Hackett, I have no doubt he will be our 8th pick.

As far as Nassib being the 8th pick it might be a little early, but I am almost positive that he won't be there in the 2nd round and I'd rather not take the chance of trading back and missing out in him. I'd also not be comfortable with trying to trade back up into the 1st to take him after we take a WR, or OLB in the 1st.

At the end if the day, if he's good enough that he's gonna be our next franchise QB, you take him at any pick you can get him. If that means the 1st overall, nobody will care in 7 years when he's still here and making the playoffs every year. Just ask the Pats if they would have taken Tom Brady as the 1st round pick now if they knew what they were getting. Matter of fact, ask ANY NFL team if they would have traded an entire draft away for Tom Brady and I'd bet that more than 90% of teams would have. The other 10% had Manning, Favre, McNabb and Warner.

This has been my feeling about if they draft him with their first pick. If they do, it's because they know what he is made of. If they don't, its because they know what he is made of.

This has been my feeling about if they draft him with their first pick. If they do, it's because they know what he is made of. If they don't, its because they know what he is made of.

perfectlybsaid. And that's why it shouldn't make us worry if he's our #8.

That's an interesting way of looking at it.

perfectly said. And that's why it shouldn't make us worry if he's our #8.

I understand the merit of this viewpoint but I think we're getting into some circular reasoning with it.

Anyways, the draft is 3 months away, we haven't even gotten to the combine yet, and more to the point, the Senior Bowl has yet to be played.

And now the official opening of the "Smokescreen Season" has begun where you can take things at face value or not.

LOL

I've said all along that I don't see what the big deal is with Nassib, I still don't see it. I hope, for the teams sake that this is not a smokescreen. Also, since when has Buddy Nix been a smokescreen type of guy.

I've said all along that I don't see what the big deal is with Nassib, I still don't see it. I hope, for the teams sake that this is not a smokescreen. Also, since when has Buddy Nix been a smokescreen type of guy.

I have no opinion about Nassib at this point one way or another although the Senior Bowl will be my first big step in that direction.

As for your bolded question, not too often.

But he was crowing after the draft about how he told everyone who would listen that Cordy Glenn was a guard.

I have no opinion about Nassib at this point one way or another although the Senior Bowl will be my first big step in that direction.

But he was crowing after the draft about how he told everyone who would listen that Cordy Glenn was a guard.

this

Good point on that. Although, given the "Cuse connection" I don't think anyone is going to believe we won't take Nassib until draft day when it actually happens. No smokescreen required

What I find interesting is how much great things and significant things were said about Marrone and Hackett in this article I posted but so far all the talk here is about Nassibs merits.

I just really liked what he had to say about his former coaches and just added to the good feeling I have about this staff.

Edited by Alphadawg7

And now the official opening of the "Smokescreen Season" has begun where you can take things at face value or not.

LOL

I think most things heard from now until the draft that have a team as a source will be closer to the truth if you read their opposite.

"Anonymous team sources said they don't think {player} warrants a first round pick." = Teams like this player, please don't take him in the first round!

I think the media is trying to get it right, but is easily decieved by team sources. It can be hard to sort out what is a direct observation vs. one that is "helped" by someone close to a team.

This was a great read and lots of good info on Marrone as a HC and his impact on Syracuse as well as Nassib as a leader and teammate.

http://bleacherrepor...nd-doug-marrone

More and more stuff I read the more I like the Marrone hiring. And the more I read about Nassib and his intangibles the more receptive I am becoming of taking him at 8 if available.

Marrone yes Nassib no