Bill Cowher dipping Skoal on set

justnzane

Why would they?

The anti-tobacco people will find some way to get pissed about this. The PC police scour football games so venomously, that at least 3 times this season I heard announcers apologizing to views because of a field mic picking up players cursing to avoid FCC sanctions and Congressional hearings.

The anti-tobacco people will find some way to get pissed about this. The PC police scour football games so venomously, that at least 3 times this season I heard announcers apologizing to views because of a field mic picking up players cursing to avoid FCC sanctions and Congressional hearings.

Because of the anti-tobacco sentiment in the US.

That seems a bit much, no? I can't imagine anyone noticing this. If it happens, it's ridiculous.

Obviously, the incidental swearing is also ridiculous.

Carry on.

I can understand the Chin packing a lipper on set. Everyone gets a nic fit after a few hours. Shannon Sharpe, on the other hand, fills his mouth full of marbles before the broadcast. Not only does this make no sense, but it makes it nearly impossible to understand him.

The anti-tobacco people are against it due to 2nd hand smoke. Unless Cowher is spitting it up on Sharpe I doubt they care if he increases his risk of gum cancer.

No, the PC crowd will say something like: It's a bad example for kids (who apparently have no parents), or coaches, or future broadcasters, it gives the impression that chewing tobacco is safe (even though there must be 1000 warnings on it). Notice there are no cigarette ads anymore?!?! PC crowd. It's not just 2nd hand smoke.

That seems a bit much, no? I can't imagine anyone noticing this. If it happens, it's ridiculous.

Obviously, the incidental swearing is also ridiculous.

Carry on.

I imagine the skol tin was simply an oversight. But it would not surprise me if some group made a big deal about it.

There really is no reason for the incidental swearing though. I mean if a local radio show can afford the equipment to run on a 5 second delay and dump any accidental language, I suspect the major networks could manage to do it too. In fact there were a couple occasions yesterday where players (I assume) voices came through loud and clear with "are you kidding me" type remarks. Easily could have had the F bomb in there :)

Wow, just think back to all the people that he spit on during his sideline bursts over the years,

I hope they ddn't see this. It makes perfect sense now, really difficult to control when your running

your mouth. I am speaking from experience, but have worked my way to pouches, and hope to be

clean witin a month or two, or three. One word of advice, don't start, it is rediculously addictive.

So by "PC Police" you are referring to the FCC then, right? 99% of this stuff is because of the uber-conservative FCC and the TV Standards folk.