Ryan Leaf Sent to Prison

sir andrew

Wow, this guy could have had it all with even a mediocre career and some good people guiding him, and he didn't just throw it away, he set fire to it.

Leaf has obviously been the butt of everyone's jokes and the walking example of what not to do with a top pick in the NFL draft for a long time, but really, his story is just sad. I hope he finds the healing and help he needs somewhere, if he is not too far gone already.

Imagine--- if his head was on straight from the beginning, he could possibly still be playing in the NFL. How he squandered the incredible opportunity in front of him is stunning.

Even if his head was screwed on only half straight he could have lived better than most of us on the interest alone from his 11M signing bonus...

Hey the colts made the right pick after all.

If I had a time machine, I would love to flip flop that choice! LoL... Anyway, I think it was a no brainer...Everybody knew Manning was gonna be first. Heck, SD given the first would have took Manning. IMO, it appeared closer (the choice) than it really was... And that is not just hindsight talking. The way it was hyped, Leaf had to go @ two... BUT SD probably wishes they didn't bite the hype.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm surprised this isn't more common among NFL players. Trainers routinely feed these guys pills that are many times stronger than heroin.

I had surgery recently and was given prescription for hydrocodones. It said I could take up to 8/ day. I took one and was over the moon. I could only imagine if I was playing football for a living how easy it would be to get addicted to pills.