Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story will die now. There will always be people that doubt him but he only needs one GM to believe. Strong combine and he is back in the top 10 to 15.

yeap air is already coming out of the balloon on this one. As soon as renaiah speaks whatever interest is left will be directed at him. Ultimate irony for the Te'o haters, this will elevate his draft stock because it offers an explanation for the poor BCS showing.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

yeap air is already coming out of the balloon on this one. As soon as renaiah speaks whatever interest is left will be directed at him. Ultimate irony for the Te'o haters, this will elevate his draft stock because it offers an explanation for the poor BCS showing.

Yup - after a season dedicated to her, to get the report days before the game had to take some air out of his sails. Plus worrying if he'd be outed at any minute.

Only thing that might still burn him is if he shared anything that was especially embarassing or weird and ronaiah feels the need to tell everyone.

Edited by NoSaint

I believe him, especially about the lying to his father. Thats a big deal to admit. Most people wouldn't want to admit to not meeting someone in person. It's that fear that they won't understand or think your weird for finding someone online. Especially in this digital age. I'm sure his parents met the old fashion way and may not understand meeting someone over the internet. Just my .02 cents.

I think Dog Fish and Southern Tier have just about figured the IPA out. Which is more than anyone should claim about Te'o and his girlfriend.

And it strikes me that almost the entire board can spell his name correctly, including that stray apostrophe, but we have people here who think that there are players on the Bills named Kelsey, Marcel Darius, Jarius, McGhee, and Troupe.

kj

Mind you, he's done nothing illegal. But 6-7 different stories tells one something. He's in it up to his eyebrows, is a pub hound, just building his brand and loving every bit of it.

As far as his future in the NFL... well, anyone bearing witness to his ass getting flattened time after time by a running back in the championship game should have an idea. We ain't talking about an average performance here, we're talking about a horrendous one. At best, he'll be average at the next level.

I think Dog Fish and Southern Tier have just about figured the IPA out. Which is more than anyone should claim about Te'o and his girlfriend.

And it strikes me that almost the entire board can spell his name correctly, including that stray apostrophe, but we have people here who think that there are players on the Bills named Kelsey, Marcel Darius, Jarius, McGhee, and Troupe.

kj

Isn't Te'o the guy they gave the key to the city to?

I believe him, especially about the lying to his father. Thats a big deal to admit. Most people wouldn't want to admit to not meeting someone in person. It's that fear that they won't understand or think your weird for finding someone online. Especially in this digital age. I'm sure his parents met the old fashion way and may not understand meeting someone over the internet. Just my .02 cents.

Of course, with a multi-million dollar contract and NFL stardom at stake...

It still seems incomprehensible that Te'o wasn't involved. If he truly was innocent I don't know what the endgame was for the perps. Furthermore, he must be the most gullible guy in a high-profile situation to ever come down the pike. There is no way, if I was a GM, that I'd spend a 1st Rd pick on him. How soon would it be before the next phone girlfriend had him reading the playbook to her?

It still seems incomprehensible that Te'o wasn't involved. If he truly was innocent I don't know what the endgame was for the perps. Furthermore, he must be the most gullible guy in a high-profile situation to ever come down the pike. There is no way, if I was a GM, that I'd spend a 1st Rd pick on him. How soon would it be before the next phone girlfriend had him reading the playbook to her?

There is no end game. They get off on the actual act - control, power, attention etc.... In a sense, they don't get something from teo, they get something from the character they create.

If you start digging in how it was accomplished- he was gullible but ronaiah had a lot in his corner to keep this going. A lot.

I'd also venture that he's going to be the most guarded person around now.

Edited by NoSaint

There is no end game. They get off on the actual act - control, power, attention etc.... In a sense, they don't get something from teo, they get something from the character they create.

If you start digging in how it was accomplished- he was gullible but ronaiah had a lot in his corner to keep this going. A lot.

I'd also venture that he's going to be the most guarded person around now.

Couldn't the end game have been extortion when he started making big money?