Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu - CB - LSU

dbflaBill

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever done a benchpress on Weeeeeeeed?

I am no stranger to the weight room or the weed, I can bench 225 12 times as an out of shape 34 year old.

pot won't do it you......lack of work ethic as a by product of pot might.

Howabout that Tavon Austin? Knocking out more reps than top 5 rated DE Damontre Moore at half the size.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Have you ever done a benchpress on Weeeeeeeed?

I am no stranger to the weight room or the weed, I can bench 225 12 times as an out of shape 34 year old.

pot won't do it you......lack of work ethic as a by product of pot might.

Howabout that Tavon Austin? Knocking out more reps than top 5 rated DE Damontre Moore at half the size.

He's (Austin) is short, everyone knows being short helps the bench press. But Damontre Moore's total is puny regardless for a D-lineman or even a LB.

Cornerbacks, however, should not be built for the bench press. While it may come naturally to a few people out there, for people of slender build, 225 is a lot; and even 4 reps would suggest time in the weight room. Speed and jumping would be the keys here,.

He's (Austin) is short, everyone knows being short helps the bench press. But Damontre Moore's total is puny regardless for a D-lineman or even a LB.

Cornerbacks, however, should not be built for the bench press. While it may come naturally to a few people out there, for people of slender build, 225 is a lot; and even 4 reps would suggest time in the weight room. Speed and jumping would be the keys here,.

One could try to sell this result... or, admit that 4 is the least total number of reps overall at the combine for everyone that performed the BP. Demetrius Mooray sucked as well, but these 2 guys were the statistical tail of the curve. To put it in perspective, every single QB, RB and WR that tried did more reps. 4 is so low that the weaker end of the WR group had double the reps.

Forget bench press. He's small and he's slow.

But is he smart?

My 15 year old coincidently did 225 X4 times yesterday as a past of his football workout...don't see the NFL in my sons future...not impressive for a pro...he better be really impressive in every other catagory....

My 15 year old coincidently did 225 X4 times yesterday as a past of his football workout...don't see the NFL in my sons future...not impressive for a pro...he better be really impressive in every other catagory....

he just surprised everyone with a 4.43 in the 40.

everyone was expecting 4.5 area so thats a big positive for him.

One could try to sell this result... or, admit that 4 is the least total number of reps overall at the combine for everyone that performed the BP. Demetrius Mooray sucked as well, but these 2 guys were the statistical tail of the curve. To put it in perspective, every single QB, RB and WR that tried did more reps. 4 is so low that the weaker end of the WR group had double the reps.

But is he smart?

oh, it's low, obviously. but i just think a.) it's not SUPER important for a DB, and b.) doesn't mean he is exceedingly weak and never went into a weight room. putting up 225 is not something many people can just walk in and do, not people built for quickness and speed anyway.

those people on here saying they can do it, or their son can, maybe so... but i don't they approach a 4.43 40, maybe not a sub 5, soooo... it's not really relevant.

Weak or not, the kid is showing some good DB skills at the combine right now. He moves very well. And 4.43 is more than enough to get the job done.

GO BILLS!!!

And he has an awesome nickname and hairdo. He must be good.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot