Does anybody watch any of the NFL pregame shows???

I am 42 and a father of two boys. I have no time for any of the shows anymore but happened to catch Michael Irvin, Rich Eisen, and Kurt Warner standing on a fake field trying to expain why wearing gloves in the cold works. I have not seen Berman or Terry or Marino, or Sanders in several years but catch little bits while watching Sunday Ticket. Are any of them any good? Am I just old? Everytime I catch a shot of them on NFL Sunday ticket they are alway touching each other, laughing over the guy talking, or just yelling non-sense about clothes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only watch if the Bills are playing a prime-time game because they'll be talking about them. Otherwise on Sunday mornings I watch the Fantasy Football show on ESPN2 since they can give me info I can use, and listen to the Bills pregame show on WGR.

I'm usually on the computer dealing with fantasy football stuff during the regular season and really have no desire to watch any of the pregame shows, anyway. In the "old days" before so much info was available online and via all of the other technology of today, I liked watching them. That may also have had something to do with the fact that the Bills were a good, competitive football team. I didn't watch today, either. Instead, I watched my alma mater beat St. Bonaventure in college hoops. :)

Those pregame shows remind me of The View, but they have 5 men talking at the same time instead of 5 women.

I can't stand watching those shows.

I can't think of a better way to describe the pregame shows. You nailed it.

However, the question that comes to mind is this: how long have been watching The View?

i don't watch the pre-game show but i'm a devoted follower of the playoff post-game shows. especially when they feature jared shilling subway's newest turkeytopia concoction.

6 inch turkey breast and black forest ham with spinach anyone? coach cowher and boomer agree that it's the bomb-diggity!

Edited by Dirtbag

I'm usually on the computer dealing with fantasy football stuff during the regular season and really have no desire to watch any of the pregame shows, anyway. In the "old days" before so much info was available online and via all of the other technology of today, I liked watching them. That may also have had something to do with the fact that the Bills were a good, competitive football team. I didn't watch today, either. Instead, I watched my alma mater beat St. Bonaventure in college hoops. :)

Yah, the increase in options today plus the Bills sucking plus the shows sucking = no reason to watch.

Those pregame shows remind me of The View, but they have 5 men talking at the same time instead of 5 women.

I like em...they are entertaining and plus they lend some insight and nuances to the game. They are fun shows.

Saw that coming.

The only one I can watch is the Fox pre game show, the others are just unwatchable. I used to always watch Countdown with Berman but since it went to 2 hours and added 87 people to it one of which is Chris Carter who might be the most annoying person on the planet i can't evn tune in anymore. The NBC and NFL personalities are incredibly boring.

I know some people don't like him but I loved the Frank Caliendo segment on Fox. Replacing him with clown they have now was a huge mistake.

Edited by Max997

Total waste of time. Nothing important is said. Too many boring ex coaches, ex players who butcher the English language and lame attempts at humor. Rather listen to the pregame radio shows. That way I can make thru Mass and not nod off.

Not as good as they used to be. I haven't watched in years sometimes have it on as background noise as i do other stuff

exactly, not to sound like an old fogey, which i am, but 20-25 years ago, the pre-game shows were watchable, stuck to the match-ups, weather, etc.. now it is pop culture B S.. totally unwatchable.. like someone mentioned, standing on a fake field, is really tough to take..

exactly, not to sound like an old fogey, which i am, but 20-25 years ago, the pre-game shows were watchable, stuck to the match-ups, weather, etc.. now it is pop culture B S.. totally unwatchable.. like someone mentioned, standing on a fake field, is really tough to take..

Yup, I'm also an old fogey and I cant take the pre-game shows anymore. During the season I do like the radio call pre-game of the Bills games however. Those guys do some decent analysis, minus all the BS.

jb