WR depth

With Marrone clearly heading the Offense and Hackett as his right-hand-man, the receiving core of the Bills will be a critical position for the overall success of the unit. Right now I think we have decent talent, but it is imperative we improve through the draft/free agency. I think having 3 good receivers is necessary in this offense:

(1) Stevie J

(2) ?

(3) D.Nelson/ D.Jones

(4) TJ Graham

How does this sort itself out come camp and who do we get to fill these roles?

IMO, Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee will fit nicely at the 2. We could move back in the draft and get this guy and possibly take a QB in the 2nd and go defensive heavy the rest.

Any ideas?

Bills daily see's it a bit differently. I think they will be needing more receivers as they will no doubt be looking for a QB that can also throw the ball.

http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/2012/

"Receivers: Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, T.J. Graham, Brad Smith, Scott Chandler, Lee Smith, Dorin Dickerson

Johnson became the first receiver in team history to have three straight 1,000 yard seasons and Chandler matched last year's total of six touchdown passes. Not much happened after that. David Nelson's ACL injury on opening day really hurt this unit. Jones was starting to finally come around before suffering a season ending injury. Graham struggled in his rookie year.

Final Overall Grade D: Two years in a row of a lack of talent from this unit. "

In a perfect world, Stevie Johnson is your number two receiver. If we brought in somebody on an equal level or just above Stevie then we would have a perfect WR corps.

I'd like to pick up our QB at 8, then either trade back up into the first for one of Hunter/Williams/Allen or pick one of the many that will be there in round two. Then defense heavy all the way.

If he doesn't come CRAZY expensive, Dwayne Bowe would be a perfect fit in our WR corps.

Edited by DStebb716

With Marrone clearly heading the Offense and Hackett as his right-hand-man, the receiving core of the Bills will be a critical position for the overall success of the unit. Right now I think we have decent talent, but it is imperative we improve through the draft/free agency. I think having 3 good receivers is necessary in this offense:

(1) Stevie J

(2) ?

(3) D.Nelson/ D.Jones

(4) TJ Graham

IMO, Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee will fit nicely at the 2. We could move back in the draft and get this guy and possibly take a QB in the 2nd and go defensive heavy the rest.

Any ideas?

:beer::thumbsup:

(1) Stevie J

(2) ?

(3) D.Nelson/ D.Jones

(4) TJ Graham

Any ideas?

My favorite WR in each round:

RD1 - Keenan Allen / DeAndre Hopkins (tie)

RD2 - Justin Hunter

RD3 - Tavarres King

RD4 - Jared Abbrederis (I'd take Denard Robinson here)

RD5 - Jordan Matthews

RD6 - Mike Shanahan

RD7 - Marquise Goodwin

UDFA-Marlon Brown

(1) Stevie J

(2) ?

(3) D.Nelson/ D.Jones

(4) TJ Graham

Any ideas?

I'd rather draft a LB/CB/pass rusher

Keep in mind that the vast majority of WRs are notorious for having slow starts. Drafting ANY wide receiver is not a lock to improve our receiving corps this year or even next. Its possible, but if we want quick results, a free agent is likely to be far more effective.

I'd rather draft a WR in a later round (4th-6th) and keeping them as a project.

WR is an area in dire need of improvement as much as QB and LB. At WR we have at best 2 guys of NFL caliber in Johnson and Nelson. The rest of them are spares. I would like to see us bring in at least 2 FAs. Bowe and Welker would fill the Bill. With a new staff not beholden to Graham, he could be out if his dropsies continue into mini camps and TC.

RD2 - Justin Hunter

RD3 - Tavarres King

RD5 - Jordan Matthews

RD6 - Mike Shanahan

RD7 - Marquise Goodwin

UDFA-Marlon Brown

add Kyler Reed from Nebraska ...played TE but was split wide a lot...strong, runs well- didnt put up good numbers Taylor Martinez can't throw

In a perfect world, Stevie Johnson is your number two receiver. If we brought in somebody on an equal level or just above Stevie then we would have a perfect WR corps.

I'd like to pick up our QB at 8, then either trade back up into the first for one of Hunter/Williams/Allen or pick one of the many that will be there in round two. Then defense heavy all the way.

If he doesn't come CRAZY expensive, Dwayne Bowe would be a perfect fit in our WR corps.

Bowe has decided to stay in KC since Reid came aboard ..

add Kyler Reed from Nebraska ...played TE but was split wide a lot...strong, runs well- didnt put up good numbers Taylor Martinez can't throw

Astro, you got any info on him?

Would he be better at a role like this then Dickerson? Would he be a compliment to Chandler?

Edited by jboyst62

RD2 - Justin Hunter

RD3 - Tavarres King

RD5 - Jordan Matthews

RD6 - Mike Shanahan

RD7 - Marquise Goodwin

UDFA-Marlon Brown

Mine are

RD1 - DeAndre Hopkins

RD2 - Stedman Bailey

RD3 - Quinton Patton

RD4 - Josh Boyce

RD5 - Kenny Stills

RD6 - Marquess Wilson

FAR - Chris Harper

I like your pick but I think Keenan Allen will be the only WR to go in the 1st Round & I think we might not see a RB till the 3rd Round RB are not in demand anymore

Keep in mind that the vast majority of WRs are notorious for having slow starts. Drafting ANY wide receiver is not a lock to improve our receiving corps this year or even next. Its possible, but if we want quick results, a free agent is likely to be far more effective.

I'd rather draft a WR in a later round (4th-6th) and keeping them as a project.

I like the first part of this post. I have seen it said that CB and WR are the two hardest positions in the league to learn. Usually a 2-3 season development.

As a WR you obviously have to develop chemistry with the QB, learn a new playbook, adapt to the higher athleticism and physicality of NFL DBs, etc.As a DB, you have to learn a whole new playbook, adapt to the speed of the game, adapt to the little nuances that WRs have developed to get an edge over NFL DBs, etc.

People should remember this when calling it a wrap on 2012 picks like Graham and Gilmore.