2013 HOF Finalists; Update - Andre Reed did not make it

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter is deserving....maybe not more than Reed but he is worthy. Sapp is a POS fraud who played on some great defenses but I dont think he is a first ballot HOF. Its a disgrace that Reed isnt in yet, everyone knows hes going to get in one day...why they decide to get his hopes up and then crush them year after year is beyond me...

KELLY, THOMAS, SMITH, _________

Those are the 4 guys you think of when you think of the Bills.

Exactly. Not to mention that Sapp's effectiveness was with the Buccaneers. When he went to the Raiders he became irrelevent.

I also think Carter's role as a media blowhard helped grease the wheels of his election tram.

That is without question.

Aeneas Williams was one of the best cornerbacks of the last 20 years...its too bad he played for for the Cardinals and wasnt the hype machine like Deion Sanders was.

That's Williams' biggest problem. He played on a lot of bad Cardinals teams.

IMO, he was a better CB than Deion Sanders.

I wouldn't have been terribly upset if Reed didn't make it. In fact I kind of expected it again. What infuriates me is that Chris Carter made it ahead of him. Of the three in the "log jam" he was the least deserving in my opinion. I totally believe that it was a media bias that got him in.

I wouldn't have been terribly upset if Reed didn't make it. In fact I kind of expected it again. What infuriates me is that Chris Carter made it ahead of him. Of the three in the "log jam" he was the least deserving in my opinion. I totally believe that it was a media bias that got him in.

Writers love stats and hype. That's Carter's only advantage.

Cj Spiller

@CJSPILLER

Dang the writers must really dislike buffalo bc @Andre_Reed83 should have been a HOF by now.#IJS

Writers love stats and hype. That's Carter's only advantage.

Cj Spiller

@CJSPILLER

Dang the writers must really dislike buffalo bc @Andre_Reed83 should have been a HOF by now.#IJS

So don't expect CJ to resign with the Bills when the time comes up.

Pretty disgusted by this. They teased him for years. He's being punished for bills losing super bowls. Yet carter gets in having never even won a conference championship while having played on some talented teams, including alongside one of the top-5 best ever WRs in moss.

Sapp also should not have been first time. After one ring in Tampa had several forgettable years in Oakland.

Bottom line is this: both Carter and sapp are in the media as analysts, reed is not. Its a popularity contest. You want to increase your chances of the media voting you in the HoF, become part of the media.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Pretty disgusted by this. They teased him for years. He's being punished for bills losing super bowls, while carter gets in having never even won a conference championship while having played on some talented teams, including alongside one of the top-5 best ever WRs in moss.

Sapp also should not have been first time. After one ring in Tampa had several forgettable years in Oakland.

Bottom line is this: both Carter and sapp are in the media as analysts, reed is not. Its a popularity contest. You want to increase your chances of the media voting you in the HoF, become part of the media.

. I agree if andre was on espn or fox he be alot better off in the voting

If andre played in a friggin dome what would his numbers be. ?

. I agree if andre was on espn or fox he be alot better off in the voting

If andre played in a friggin dome what would his numbers be. ?

Carter also benefitted hugely with the over the top attention the defense gave to moss. What do you think opened up all those underneath routes carter thrived on? Reed had an aging lofton who was waived by bills a year after their first super bowl, out of the league another year later, and don beebe ...

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack