It's That Time of Year Again

Chef Jim

you should check out schwabls for beef on weck...

Jeezus, you been waiting in the bushes for me to start this thread?

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Taking dining advice from you guys is like taking dating advice from......well from you guys.

You live so close to Tahoe and you save your ski outing for WNY! :-P

Have fun! :-)

I was wondering how soon I'd get the smug "you live so close to Tahoe" post. Ok, let's go through the drill AGAIN. My 84 year old dad, who could ski circles around all you girls.......doesn't live in Tahoe. :wallbash:

So your advice to me is to have fun. I'll be in WNY in the middle of January with all the booze I can handle at my disposal and I need you to tell me to have fun? :doh:

I was wondering how soon I'd get the smug "you live so close to Tahoe" post. Ok, let's go through the drill AGAIN. My 84 year old dad, who could ski circles around all you girls.......doesn't live in Tahoe. :wallbash:

So your advice to me is to have fun. I'll be in WNY in the middle of January with all the booze I can handle at my disposal and I need you to tell me to have fun? :doh:

LoL...Well, fly him to Tahoe! He'd probably love it! Now that is some good advice! ;-)

Okay... Don't have fun! Just don't try the new run @ Kissing Bridge: Zorb of Your Own!

LoL...Well, fly him to Tahoe! He'd probably love it! Now that is some good advice! ;-)

Okay... Don't have fun! Just don't try the new run @ Kissing Bridge: Zorb of Your Own!

No, plopping my dad on a plane with all his ski gear and having him fly 2000 miles is probably the worst advice I've ever gotten

Kissing Bridge?? :w00t:

Have a great time. Maybe you can go look for thin ice on the Lake. 0:)

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. The Lake? Anyone in particular you had in mind? :rolleyes:

No, plopping my dad on a plane with all his ski gear and having him fly 2000 miles is probably the worst advice I've ever gotten

Kissing Bridge?? :w00t:

Worth the trip! Fly him 1st class and the airline will take care of all the handling! Minor details, minor details...

I was gonna say Holiday Valley, but what is a few hundred feet more and it didn't play into the whole Zorb/World of your own bit... ;-)

How about meeting me at Ham and Rocks next week? Just ditch your dad ....

Have fun on the trip. Looks like for the next several months I will be in SF often hope to buy you a beverage and some pork.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Kind of hard for me to meet you at Hog and Rocks, not Ham and Rock, next week when I'll be in WNY

Worth the trip! Fly him 1st class and the airline will take care of all the handling! Minor details, minor details...

I was gonna say Holiday Valley, but what is a few hundred feet more and it didn't play into the whole Zorb/World of your own bit... ;-)

What part of family trip didn't you get? :rolleyes:

What part of family trip didn't you get? :rolleyes:

I am pulling your leg... God knows you are going home to see family and the booze, not for the weak WNY ski experience.

Anyway, you are not gonna want any advice... So what else is there to offer you? Get drunk and hit a fat Canadian on Chippewa Street? ;-)

It is a helluva LAMP you put together every January... LoL...

I am pulling your leg... God knows you are going home to see family and the booze, not for the weak WNY ski experience.

Anyway, you are not gonna want any advice... So what else is there to offer you? Get drunk and hit a fat Canadian on Chippewa Street? ;-)

It is a helluva LAMP you put together every January... LoL...

And like 90% of the threads started here aren't LAMPs. Thanks for playing. :rolleyes:

Small details you s.o.b. :lol:

Small details to you and me but a very large mistake to the guy who owns the place. But he's a Johnson and Wales graduate so !@#$ him.

You really shouldn't accept any advice from these fools. I'm surprised you haven't figured this out yet. Plus you should go to Erie for a night.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need the advice. Besides they're not all fools.

I spent a week in Erie one night. No thanks.

Edited by Chef Jim

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. And like I'd go to a restaurant whose motto is "We want to put our meat in your mouth." :sick:

"\

oh, then try Gabriel's Gate. Another great place. Great food. Great atmosphere.

And if your on your way back from skiing, you should hit up Ballons. Another great place in Ellicotville. Get the Chicken Wing Soup.

oh, then try Gabriel's Gate. Another great place. Great food. Great atmosphere.

And if your on your way back from skiing, you should hit up Ballons. Another great place in Ellicotville. Get the Chicken Wing Soup.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Once again I don't eat at places with dumb names. Balloons is good for one thing and one thing only. Draft beer. Chicken wing soup :doh:

You have family in Attica? How are the visiting hours?

My dad ran businesses in Attica for many years. When my parents got divorced he moved to Ellicottville. He was riding up one of the lifts at HV and talking with people riding with him and they asked if he was from Ellicottville. He said no, he spent thirty years in Attica. He said the look on their faces was priceless.

My dad ran businesses in Attica for many years. When my parents got divorced he moved to Ellicottville. He was riding up one of the lifts at HV and talking with people riding with him and they asked if he was from Ellicottville. He said no, he spent thirty years in Attica. He said the look on their faces was priceless.

hahaha.

Ill be able to say that soon as I will be transferred there probably within a month.

You have family in Attica? How are the visiting hours?

its not so much the visiting hours. It's all about wearing your "visit pants" the ones with the pockets cut out for handies.

hahaha.

Ill be able to say that soon as I will be transferred there probably within a month.

its not so much the visiting hours. It's all about wearing your "visit pants" the ones with the pockets cut out for handies.

My dad was in the lot cooking burgers and hotdogs for the media and all the people there when the Troopers stormed the prison during the riot. I remember all the ambulances going by our house that night. Obviously there was no 24/7 news back then and we knew something bad happened but not what.

I have never heard that song before you played it just now. Not even 90 minutes later I hear it again on Childrens Hospital on Adult Swim. You should watch show, it's good. Either way, strange.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. I don't have cable so even if I had a desire to watch it (which I don't) I couldn't. Oh and I work in mysterious ways. :devil:

Ok so I just got up today and it's 35 degrees here and 50 in WNY. What the hell is up with that?!?!?!

Jet stream... But, you don't want that weather advice... ;-) Gonna be a ton of rain from Indy on up and east this weekend. Then it gets cold again... I think it is gonna be 65 in Pittsburgh?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois