Schefter: Cowher plans to coach again at some time

Punch

There were articles out of NY a year or two ago quoting Jerome Bettis that Cowher wants the NYG job. I wonder if he's waiting out Coughlin. Planinng on doing something "again, some time" is kind of like what I say when I think about clearing out the attic. It's hardly definitive, but it's the closest he's come to affirming his interest in returning.

Timing is every thing. Only coach that I know that was successful after a long break from the NFL was Dick Vermeil. Cowher may have waited too long to return.

I am with you on this. I think it will not be as easy to ramp up the enthusiasm for coaching... if Cowher does get another job, he will be as successful as Ditka with the Saints....

He really is good for CBS! Why would he want to trade that cushy job in for more pressure again! That is why you leave the coaching scene in the first place. Stress and pressure.

I don't know, it could be me...but you get the sense that maybe Cowher just wants his ass kissed, like it was in 2010 when a few teams (Bills included) were trying to lure him? It seemed he was linked to every opening in 2010, not as many in 2011, and I haven't heard one rumor about a team sending out feelers for him this off-season. That doesn't mean to say that nobody wants him, just that nobody is wasting their time trying to get him, and he misses all the attention he was getting as "this years high profile coaching candidate"...he was usurped from that role by John Gruden.