Notre Dame v. Alabama Game Thread

BobbyC81

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At Oklahoma? Stanford? USC had a down year but are talented

Ever watch a #1 nfl seed look rusty after a bye week? These kids are off a bye month. Bamas a better team but.... I wouldn't say this is representative either.

This is just excuses. Both teams had a month off. The LB next to Manti who is playing well had a month off too.

Actually what people don't like is other people who won't shut their overactive pieholes and insist on beating them over the head with their "opinion" ad nauseum.

Are those who bash the positives on Teo over people's heads not doing the same thing?

Don't worry Simon, I've figured out your stick tough guy.

Edited by LiterateStylish

Ray Lewis had a terrible - and I mean terrible - game against KC about 5-6 years ago. Dr. Z had a bit how he was overrated based on that game despite the fact that there were injuries on the Baltimore front 4.

That's impossible. Great players cannot have three terrible series in a row. I suppose that in this game he could have gone two terrible series, then one bad, followed by two terrible series, and then one bad. But no great player has ever had three awful series in a row. They just don't.

I've watched him play nearly every game. With NBC coverage, it's easy. For all the hype, I've been saying all along that he lacks the explosion and athleticism you'd like to see in such a player. Those shortcomings are just magnified against such a superior team as Alabama.

And we all know that LB play is largely a function of good DL play. They tend to go hand in hand. But ND's DLine is not the reason Manti looks slow in recognition and as much as we'd all like LBs to be clean as the driven snow to make a tackle every play, that line of thinking is just tired. It is in the LB handbook, especially the MLB handbook, that they have to take on blockers AT THE HOLE, shed, and make a play. He has been in position numerous times and wasn't able to finish. That is NOT a problem with the DLine. That's on Manti.

GO BILLS!!!

I hardly want the bills to draft teo, but he had a good season on the 6th best defense in college football this season. And while they're not in the sec and shouldn't be in this game, they did beat the 4th or 5th best team in the country (in ot, i know - stanford) and what is probably the second or third most talented team in the country (usc - yes, i know the coach sucks). So they did beat some decent teams. To clarify though, i know they're clearly outmatched.

That's impossible. Great players cannot have three terrible series in a row. I suppose that in this game he could have gone two terrible series, then one bad, followed by two terrible series, and then one bad. But no great player has ever had three awful series in a row. They just don't.

I would ask for the link but I'm sure he would simply have trouble finding it.

Really? Who did ND beat this year because they looked totally overmatched tonight. Te'o looks like Aaron Maybin in the NFL so far.

PTR

We have all been scamed by the the ND hype machine. What a friggin disgrace for ND to be playing in this game. I hope the Bills don't draft anyone from this crappy ND team.

No, I didn't.

It was a reference to a post from a few pages back.

Again, you need to follow the conversation.

Your words, not mine:

"In fact I said a quick google search resulted in some links from experts who said they don't believe Teo will be a good pro either. Those are people who have watched more than 2 drives."