Notre Dame v. Alabama Game Thread

BobbyC81

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great players have lackluster seasons. Remember when ray Lewis was dying for defensive lineman to keep him clean about 6-7 years ago?

Lackluster, yes. Downright terrible, no.

Teo looks beyond terrible. He is misreading the play direction, slow off the ball, his first step too flat, when he does get there fast enough he gets bulldozed. Downright terrible.

If his fellow LB's weren't playing better you could make the defensive line argument.

I predicted Alabam winning 49-14, and it looks like I'll be right. It's unfortunate that ND went undefeated because they're clearly inferior to Oregon, which would have been competitive with Bama. OSU under Meyer could beat them too, but they're obviously disqualified ...

Travelling overseas a lot i don't get to watch college, and based on what I'm seeing I really have to question how ND got here

^^^^^^This

If you're the Bills you don't touch this guy with a ten foot pole.

I think ND is completely outmatched, but keep some perspective. If the d-line gets dominated, the lbs always look bad because o-linemen can get to the second level.

Edited by dave mcbride

I haven't said anything childish, I'm not sure where your evaluation is coming from.

I think he'll be an awful pro. As In below average.

The childish part is "I don't care what anyone who's watched him says I saw two drives and I know better"

You go 100% extreme in your evaluations all the time. It's old.

I haven't said anything childish, I'm not sure where your evaluation is coming from.

I think he'll be an awful pro. As In below average.

id agree with this statement. I don't think he'll be as bad as Maybin by any stretch. But Curry and McClain come to mind for sure. Way overhyped and not nearly good enough to play in the NFL.

And I don't think your being very childish. Your being serious bout your opinion. Not everyone will feel that way. But the blinders need to be taken off here because he looks horrible right now.

Calabrese makes the great play. Teo has concrete stuck in his shoes.

id agree with this statement. I don't think he'll be as bad as Maybin by any stretch. But Curry and McClain come to mind for sure. Way overhyped and not nearly good enough to play in the NFL.

And I don't think your being very childish. Your being serious bout your opinion. Not everyone will feel that way. But the blinders need to be taken off here because he looks horrible right now.

People don't like those who know with conviction. So they come up with stuff like calling people childish. Oh we'll.

Alabama has a monster giant sized OL. Didn't realize just how big. They average 6' 4 and 315. Couple of the big guys are 6' 5", 6' 6" and go 340-350. What the hell do they eat down there? Bigger than NFL lines. Notre Dame is just totally over matched. The RB Lacy is bigger than Te'o. CB's can't cover the WR's either, This is going to get very, very ugly. Disappointed. Bills better stay away from Te'o. Get a bigger, faster SEC LB.

Ok. This will give us a good idea of what Teo looks like against a Pro Football Team. Alabama is as close as it gets in NCAA and Teo really needs to show up if he's "all that".

If he struggles, I have some serious questions about him as a "can't miss" prospect.

Wow. Lb play is a function of d-line play. Don't fans know that? I''m not advocating drafting the guy, btw - I honestly don't care. If he's been good all season and he plays against a team where the line in front of him is absolutely dominated, then it's not necessarily him.

Edited by dave mcbride

The childish part is "I don't care what anyone who's watched him says I saw two drives and I know better"

Except I never said that or anything close to.

In fact I said a quick google search resulted in some links from experts who said they don't believe Teo will be a good pro either. Those are people who have watched more than 2 drives.

Wow. Lb play is a function of d-line play. Don't fans know that? I''m not advocating drafting the guy, btw - I honestly don't care. If he's been good all season and he plays against a team where the line in front of him is absolutely dominated, then it's not necessarily him.

Problem arises when the LB next to him is playing well. He has the same defensive line in front of him as Teo does.

Thinking about driving down to Sun Life Stadium to join in on the festivities with the Bama crowd.

That actually sounds like a good time. Only college game I ever went to was a Nebraska game in Lincoln...college games and tailgating parties are second to none.

Except I never said that or anything close to.

In fact I said a quick google search resulted in some links from experts who said they don't believe Teo will be a good pro either. Those are people who have watched more than 2 drives.

Problem arises when the LB next to him is playing well. He has the same defensive line in front of him as Teo does.

You're seriously basing an argument on a google search?? I distinctly recall many who said that payton manning wasn't all that good because he lost to florida and because tennessee was blown out by nebraska in manning's final bowl game. Come on.

This game should be the death knell of the BCS national championship. How did ND become the second best team in the country?

The whole thing is a giant joke that has driven countless people away from college football (like me). The Irish don't belong anywhere near the Top10 much less in a playoff game.

People don't like those who know with conviction. So they come up with stuff like calling people childish. Oh we'll.

Actually what people don't like is other people who won't shut their overactive pieholes and insist on beating them over the head with their "opinion" ad nauseum.