Prediction for new GM and HC

jahnyc

Based on my experience of being a Bills fan for a number of years and the way that ownership and the front office operate, I would predict the following:

1. Whaley is elevated to GM.

2. Nix stays on as a "consultant."

3. New head coach will be someone Whaley is familiar with from Pittsburgh (such as Grimm or Whisenhunt) or Marrone.

4. New head coach will hire an incompetent coordinator for either the offense or defense or for both.

5. Some of the assistant coaches will be from the college ranks.

I hope I am wrong.

I would like to see The Bills make an aggressive move to catch up to the better NFL Organizations, and I'd like to see that start with bringing in David Caldwell as GM...He Scouted under Polian, and he's spent the last 4 years under Demitroff...I would be tremendously impressed if they landed Caldwell...It would remind me of The Bills going with a (then) young Polian...Just saying... B-)

I agree regarding Caldwell. The Bills need a fresh start, and they should not make another hire that has been associated with the Bills. Nothing against Whaley, but he is something of an unknown at this point. We have no idea how involved he has been with the decision making by the front office.

Based on my experience of being a Bills fan for a number of years and the way that ownership and the front office operate, I would predict the following:

3. New head coach will be someone Whaley is familiar with from Pittsburgh (such as Grimm or Whisenhunt) or Marrone.

4. New head coach will hire an incompetent coordinator for either the offense or defense or for both.

I hope I am wrong.

I just hope they have a more extensive search this time & don't ump to quickly to replace Gailey. They need to exhaust all the candidates out there & find the best fit for the talent we have instead of trying to rework what we have got .

Lovie Smith said he was interested because of the players we have & how they could work well with in the scheme that he uses, that is the way to go about thing not getting a coach that wants to totally change the direction of the team by changing the players to their liking. A couple maybe but not the entire deal .

I would think coaches would look at the Bills as a team ready to challenge for the playoffs next year with a good QB. The defense massively underperformed, but has some good talent, Spiller is an elite RB, and the OL is among the best in the NFL. This is not a laughingstock team for coaches that look at the players on this roster. Any coach worth his salt is going to believe they could get a lot more production out of this team with the current players than Gailey managed.

I hope I am wrong.

sounds about right but I hope they really get good coordinators and we win again.

I'm going out on a limb and am going with GM David Caldwell and HC Greg Roman.

I think this would be a High quality offseason for the Bills, if not a total crowd-pleaser.

I'm trying to help.... I cant stand watching them lose all the damn time. :wallbash:

Caldwell will be new GM

Roman the new coach

Alex Smith the new starting QB

Teo is drafted as our new starting MLB

Crennel our new DC

Some Roman offshoot as our OC

I could live with this as well

Alex Smith is a decent QB, not a huge upgrade but an upgrade over Fitz.

I'm trying to help.... I cant stand watching them lose all the damn time. :wallbash:

Who's on your quality OC list?

Turner is available, can't say as he'd want the job. This is a tough and very important hire - probably as important as the HC. It's the one reason I understand why people wouldn't be satisfied with a guy like Lovie - people want someone who has directed a good nfl offense before, but it's not like they grow on trees and are waiting there to be plucked. And forget about a great college guy to fill that role. Very little incentive, financial or otherwise, to leave a good, likely higher-paying job to go coordinate in the NFL.

That said, get the next crew the right QB and they'll look like geniuses.