Doug Marrone will interview w/Bills

Punch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwiw, from Brent Axe's twitter:

"Bill Parcells among those who vouched for Doug Marrone to interview for Bills, Browns job"

"Marrone also received endorsements from Saints GM Mickey Loomis and HC Sean Payton. Marrone was the OC in New Orleans from 2006-08."

Not sure that makes him a good candidate, but perhaps it's not Myan doomsday either...

This franchise has sucked the life out of me past 13 years....i just dont care anymore!

Hang in there Buddy, we will win again and it will be that much sweeter when we do.

Besides who else you gona root for? I have actually thought about who I would root for if they ever left and after really thinking about it I could never be a a true fan of any team so I'm a Bills lifer forever.

Bottom of the barrell coaching continues at OBD!!!! Amazing!!!

Why is it bottom of the barrel? How many people heard of John Harbuagh or Mike Smith before they got their current jobs?

Edited by jjmac

Fwiw, from Brent Axe's twitter:

"Bill Parcells among those who vouched for Doug Marrone to interview for Bills, Browns job"

"Marrone also received endorsements from Saints GM Mickey Loomis and HC Sean Payton. Marrone was the OC in New Orleans from 2006-08."

Not sure that makes him a good candidate, but perhaps it's not Myan doomsday either...

Not another endorsement from a ex coach. Didn't Cowher endorse Gailey? We don't need no stinkin endorsements!

I LOVE Marrone as Syracuse's Head Coach, when he was hired he told fans and media alike that Syracuse was his "Dream Job"....if that's true, then why leave? And if it's not true, then why say it?? So, in short, love Marrone for Syracuse....and that's where it stops. I really like his attitude and the way he approaches the game and his players, but I do not want to see Marrone come to the BILLS, not because I don't think he can win or experience at the NFL level etc., but because I want the BILLS to have instant credibility and the players to truly believe in the coach's resume as much as anyone else....so um, hello, Reid anyone?? That's not to say Reid is the "answer" but he and Lovie Smith would be two guys who instantly bring a solid, if not somewhat impressive, NFL resume and instantly instill confidence in this team, which is one significant intangible that's been missing for awhile....

I have a graduate degree from Syracuse and I work in the Syracuse area. I am a fan of Syracuse sports. I truly hope that Marrone stays in Syracuse. I also believe that if he ends up as an NFL coach, it will not be met with enthusiasm. Kind of like having a coach with some NFL experience and some college experience from Georgia Tech being named head coach. Underwhelming.

more;

"Marrone's body of work may not be the most impressive resume featured, but there are several reasons why he looks like an attractive option for an NFL team.

First and foremost, Marrone runs a no nonsense offense and defense scheme. Sorry Chip Kelly, no matter how much proof anyone presents, your offense still looks like a gimmick. Furthermore, Marrone adjusted the offensive system to ft the personel on the team, a huge plus when looking at a coach's ability. With so many poor NFL teams possessing issues at the top, it's a great trait to have as a coach.

Secondly, look at an old debate we hashed up again and again when Marrone was on the hot seat earlier this season. As Mattso eloquently put, the Syracuse football team was a dead dog that had ben dragged out back behind the shed to be shot more than the necessary amount. Marrone's job was, and still is, to revive said dead program. Two bowl births, a bowl win and the best conference finish since 2001 sounds like a pretty damn good start. Not to mention he's reestablished recruiting hotbeds and spread the Syracuse pipelines to hotbeds like Georgia and now hopefully Texas.

Oh, and there was that whole thing where he knew that his seat was red hot if something good didn't happen and got the team to become closer and finish out with three straight victories.

All of the above shows a pretty decent resume for a team looking for a strong fundamental head coach, right?"

http://www.nunesmagi...oach-but-why-he

Yes. And he'll take the job, which is more than any rock star NFL name will do, since whoever takes the Bills job knows they get fired as soon as Ralph dies and new ownership takes over. I mean that could happen, like, next year for crying out loud. Think, people. Whoever takes the Bills gig is instantly a dead man walking.

Why is it bottom of the barrel? How many people heard of John Harbuagh or Mike White before they got their current jobs?

I still have no idea who Mike White is.

Yes. And he'll take the job, which is more than any rock star NFL name will do, since whoever takes the Bills job knows they get fired as soon as Ralph dies and new ownership takes over. I mean that could happen, like, next year for crying out loud. Think, people. Whoever takes the Bills gig is instantly a dead man walking.

Not if he wins.

I just love these exhaustive coaching and GM searches. It depends. Are we looking for someone to grow a franchise quarterback and then fire for someone who could actually take on and beat the Patriots? What assistant coaches will he be bringing in? The OC from Rutgers? The DC from Monmouth?

I just love these exhaustive coaching and GM searches. It depends. Are we looking for someone to grow a franchise quarterback and then fire for someone who could actually take on and beat the Patriots? What assistant coaches will he be bringing in? The OC from Rutgers? The DC from Monmouth?

Well, Marrone is from the Parcells coaching tree, so he'd probably be looking at other Parcell-cohorts...that'd be my guess.

However, I think we're getting way to far ahead of ourselves here...let's see who's even going to be conducting the interviews before we worry about that stuff.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2013/01/doug_marrone_to_interview_for.html

Not so sure Marrone would be a cheap coach to get. Very Respected here in Syracuse, no nonsense kind of guy that demands the most from his athletes. People should be aware of how bad the football program was at Syracuse when he came here..

Saints led their division in points scored his last 2 seasons as OC in NO. Although their record was not great, scoring was not their problem. However, chan was also a great offensive mind and that does not always translate to victories. I would need a big time DC to be brought in for me to feel comfortable with this hire.

Completely different animal from College to the pros.

I'd prefer a HC with a solid winning record in the NFL, they are out there and not cheap. But, Bills fans deserve a winner after 13 years of failure.

Not to mention that the AFC East has a HC that ALWAYS has his team in the playoffs every year, and consistently vying for the SB. So they need to hire a top man.

Exactly. Belachick sets the bar in our division. When hiring a head coach, you must consider if your candidate is capable of matching wits with BB. Leading the Orangemen to the Pinstripe Bowl hardly qualifies in my humble opinion.

Please, NO MORE RETREADS or underqualified candidates. RAISE THE BAR AT OBD or our playoff drought could reach 2 decades.