The 4 Million dollar question no one ever asked Chan

whateverdude

Ask Nix. My take? VY was the guy but the Bills got scared by his money issues. They trade for TJ but he can't pick up the playbook fast enough for Chan so he sits. Stupid? sure.

PTR

ill add - he came in a week before the season? he was insurance if fitz got injured long term, not to compete for the starting job.

i think its pretty clear buddy was the decision point for personnel and chan had to coach them. not that chan didnt discuss talent with buddy, im sure he did, but im also sure ralph had buddys ear on that so all considered chan really had little choice to ultimately leave it to buddy for the most part

you CAN lay fitz's underperformance on chan, but you simply cant leave buddy unscathed. buddy may or may not get another cycle, but he still is complicit in the failure and the elements within it. the question ralph has to answer is whether buddy can take it to the next level or should somebody else control talent acquisition? stay tuned

Based on how quickly things happened today which is not typical for the Bill's, usually requires meeting with RW to get canned, CG postponing his presser til 3, did the Bill's like they did with DJ tell CG maybe a month or so ago that he was done year end. But unlike DJ, he elected to finish out the season?? Wouldn't surprise me that was the case.

idk if it was a month but certainly it could have been the last couple games. chan looked defeated recently, which was surprising considering how balanced he had been through difficult times before then. it looked to me too like maybe he found out a week or so ago and they just let him stay

soon to be ancient history. just tell us who is next

Im guessin they thought the season would go alot better n they might need a qb with experience. Someone that could come in late in the season and win a game or two for them if Fitz got hurt.

Thank You. This seems to me the most painfully obvious conclusion. I don't understand why so many here are perplexed by this great mystery.

Thank You. This seems to me the most painfully obvious conclusion. I don't understand why so many here are perplexed by this great mystery.

You both are probably right. Do you think Chan is rethinking his decision not to get Jackson ready during the bye? And thus have him ready after one of the games that Fitz laid an egg in??

Fitz was not the only reason the Bills missed the playoffs for sure. Their was a period where the D started playing better and if the O had put up 25+ we probably would have had a shot at watching meaningful football in December.

You both are probably right. Do you think Chan is rethinking his decision not to get Jackson ready during the bye? And thus have him ready after one of the games that Fitz laid an egg in??

Fitz was not the only reason the Bills missed the playoffs for sure. Their was a period where the D started playing better and if the O had put up 25+ we probably would have had a shot at watching meaningful football in December.

Gailey was loyal to a fault. Spiller was clearly the best player yet seemed to play less after Gailey said he'd be getting 60% of snaps. Even if Jackson was ready I don't think Gailey would sit Fitz.

Gailey was loyal to a fault. Spiller was clearly the best player yet seemed to play less after Gailey said he'd be getting 60% of snaps. Even if Jackson was ready I don't think Gailey would sit Fitz.

You hit the nail on the head.

He did it in Buffalo and did it at tech with Reggie Ball. In both cases his stubborness cost him his job ultimately.

Not sure in Buffalo he had a better option. But he should have known sooner then us watching the games what Fitz is- a good back up QB.

That question should be asked of Mr. Nix. If he's still around tomorrow! Another good one is who thought Fitz had a good enough hose to be an effective (franchise)QB? another good one is why was so much spent on Lights Out when the only good game he's played was his free agent showcase yesterday?