Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

OK, its been awhile since I last posted but I think its time for one simple request. This request is made with the beleif that Gruden is not going to come to Buffalo, he would be my big wish!

Instead of another has been or a someone elses cast off, I think we make a hard push for Chip Kelly!!!!!!! He is young, Hungry and an innovater!

lets go get him boys, before they others do,

If that fails go after Bruce Arians!! not a bad consalation prize.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, there is NO WAY I want a guy as the next HC of the Bills, who has never coached a single minute at any level of the NFL game. Just dealing with the players, there is a huge difference with coaching 17-22 year olds, and primadonna 22-40 year olds. IMO...It would be a disaster.

Sorry, there is NO WAY I want a guy as the next HC of the Bills, who has never coached a single minute at any level of the NFL game. Just dealing with the players, there is a huge difference with coaching 17-22 year olds, and primadonna 22-40 year olds. IMO...It would be a disaster.

I agree. Chip Kelly the second time around will be the guy to go after. The team that grabs him first is going to have troubles.

How some of you people think that chip kelly going to fail bad? We all don't know that. Their some HC that came from college and can bring that team too the playoffs.. look at pete carroll.

Are you aware of how much NFL experience Carroll had prior to ending up in Seattle?

Yes I've cited this numerous times.

I defy any of the pro-Chip Kelly people to name me one single person who never coached in the NFL before becoming a successful NFL head coach.

Chip Kelly is going to fail MISERABLY in the NFL. Guaranteed.

Please tell us how we should collect on your guaranty after he succeeds.

Yes I've cited this numerous times.

I defy any of the pro-Chip Kelly people to name me one single person who never coached in the NFL before becoming a successful NFL head coach.

What exactly have you "cited"? Sounds like you are relying on some sort of objective evidence.

Prior to becoming a wildly successful college coach at Oregon, Kelly had never been a head coach at any level and had only been an Offensive coordinator for two years at the D-1 level. I would much rather take a chance on an innovative, aggressive young coach than a tired re-tread who has failed with other teams. Why is Kelly such a hot prospect given your assertion that there has never been a successful NFL coach without prior pro experience? Do you think NFL teams are unaware of this "fact"?

Please tell us how we should collect on your guaranty after he succeeds.

What exactly have you "cited"? Sounds like you are relying on some sort of objective evidence.

Prior to becoming a wildly successful college coach at Oregon, Kelly had never been a head coach at any level and had only been an Offensive coordinator for two years at the D-1 level. I would much rather take a chance on an innovative, aggressive young coach than a tired re-tread who has failed with other teams. Why is Kelly such a hot prospect given your assertion that there has never been a successful NFL coach without prior pro experience? Do you think NFL teams are unaware of this "fact"?

I'm with you, look what "experience" has gotten us, time to get truly creative!

So tell me again which successful NFL head coach never previously coached in the NFL?

I'm very wary and skeptical of guys like Chip Kelly and Jim Tressel. I've seen tons of college head coaches who actually had NFL experience fail miserably.

Feel free to disagree. I won't debate because this is conjecture on both our parts. I'm more than happy to see how Kelly does.

But I wouldn't hire him.

So tell me again which successful NFL head coach never previously coached in the NFL?

I'm very wary and skeptical of guys like Chip Kelly and Jim Tressel. I've seen tons of college head coaches who actually had NFL experience fail miserably.

Feel free to disagree. I won't debate because this is conjecture on both our parts. I'm more than happy to see how Kelly does.

But I wouldn't hire him.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I have no proof (at this point anyway) that Kelly will succeed in the NFL. He has been incredibly successful at Oregon despite the fact that they have never had great recruiting classes or produced many NFL draft picks. He's done it by being smart, organized and aggressive--exactly the things this franchise has lacked for the last 13 years. No question the team who hires him will be taking a major risk, just as the Redskins took a major risk when they traded away all those picks for the right to select RG III. I just think it's a risk worth taking. It's also the sort of risk that Ralph will never take.

Edited by mannc

Living in Eugene Oregon I have seen first hand what this guy does for his football team. His practices are like no other. Its all about conditioning and execution. Look at how the ducks play every week. They start off slow and eventually destroy their opponent with a higher level of physical play.

Also, this guy is a winner. Plain and simple. The attitude of Oregon players is of no compromise. Just listening to the guy talk in his interviews makes me think that he expects nothing less of everyone around him.

Chip uses the spread offense which would totally incorporate into the current Bills offense. If you don't want a complete restructure you have to bring someone in that is familiar with the current offensive scheme. This guy could bring this team to the next level.