So the next coach.....

NoSaint

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C'mon... they gutted like half the team. Everyone opponent had them pegged as an easy win. Including us.

Dolphins too. Redskins. Seattle. List goes on. We will 100% reach for a QB this draft.

definitely not saying anyone pegged them as 10-6 but will say that any team with a good qb is not an easy win. i had them circled as winnable, but.....

an odd pairing to stake that claim to.

Go and watch some interviews with McCoy and tell he he doesn't remind you of a cross between Tom Coughlin and Mike Shanahan. He's smart, tough, successful and ready to take the next step. He's the cream of the crop as head coaching candidates go.

Cousins just watched RGIII make mince meat of the league and he has proven that he has no fear when pressed into action. He knows he belongs in this league and he knows that he's ready to become a franchise QB for the team bold enough to get him.

Are either of these guys 100% certain? No. But I think they are worth taking a shot on in a bold move like they did with the Bennett trade years ago.

You really cant be serious. Please say this is a joke? Swinney is the same guy who hired a high scool coach to run his offense, paid him a million a year and the guy was never had an ounce of college cred. Yeah this is the guy i want running our offense.

I'm a Clemson fan, and there's no way in hell I'd want Dabo with the Bills in any capacity. That said, the best thing Dabo has done (otherthat his preternatural success in recruiting) was hire Chad Morris as his OC. The Chad might not have "had an ounce of college cred," but he's a brilliant OC and may well end up as the next Chip Kelly.

If you are gonna give an unproven assistant coach a promotion to HC about the only man I'd vote for is Mike McCoy.

The man actually got Tim Tebow to win, and they won a playoff game with him...holy cow!

I still wouldn't mind someone like Marty S as HC in Buffalo as the man has a penchant for taking bad teams and building them into playoff teams. Marty is older then dirt now, so he just might finally be old enough for RW to hire :lol:

CBS Sports' Mike Freeman reports that ESPN color analyst Jon Gruden will interview for NFL head coaching jobs this offseason.

Gruden has stated publicly that he intends to remain at ESPN, but Freeman reports that teams have been "quietly" contacting him "over the past few weeks," and Philly as well as San Diego are potential landing spots. Per Freeman, Gruden could begin substantive talks with teams as soon as Monday, and is interested in a return to the sidelines "if the right job opens up." Updating previous items, Cleveland is not expected to make a run at Gruden because he's long had a frosty relationship with new Browns president Joe Banner.

The top coaches are going to want that Chicago job. They have a solid team. I think we have the 2nd best team of those looking but can we convince a big name coach to come here? We couldn't last time. Our team looks good on paper so I hope that the perspective coaches take that into consideration and at least give us a shot at their services

There are only 32 NFL Head Coaching positions in the world. For someone who loves to coach - the Bills possess a rare & precious commodity: on open HC job.

Obviously, there are a few big names out there (e.g. Cowher, Gruden) who can afford to be very picky. Most coaches, though, I think would jump at the opportunity to coach for the Bills.

My big worry is that if we keep Nix, he might be on thin ice. If Nix gets fired next year, his new HC would probably go with him. If I was a HC candidate, I would want to work for a good, secure GM.

I think Buffalo has a lot more going for them now that in the 2009-10 coaching search, which is the good news. Back then, any new coach was inheriting a team that had MAYBE 15-20 NFL players, let alone starters, which they probably had less than 5.

Now you've got a team that has probably the 2nd most talented roster with an available coaching position IMO, behind Chicago and just ahead of Philly. A team with probably 17 of 22 (need QB, WR2, CB2, MLB, WLB) starters set, as long as they keep Byrd and Levitre...more on this later. As well as some quality OL and DL depth, and IMO if they got a legit #2 WR, they would have above average depth there with Stevie/new guy/Nelson/Graham/Jones. It's not hard (unless you're the Bills) to plug only a handful of holes in a single off-season if you draft and sign the right players.

I think the unexpected firing of Lovie Smith makes him my favorite candidate. Yes, he's a "retread hire" but there's a lot working in his favor too. The weakest spot of the Bears was clearly the O-line. He's got experience working with a versatile RB in Forte. His defenses have always had strong secondaries and line play. Hes also had some VERY good LB's there in his time, like Briggs and Urlacher, which makes me believe those black holes of the Bills D would definitely be filled. Did I mention Gil Byrd was on his staff? There's some incentive for Jairus to stay in town. It could work.....but these are the Bills.

Even though, I may not agree with the coaching candidate, the one coach I could see the Bills going after would be Lovie Smith. The reason, The Bills made a huge investment in Mario Williams. He is a 4-3 player and does not bode well for a 3-4 system coach. We have a 4-3 and need to have continuity there. We need to stay with the 4-3. Going in another direction could be disaster. Lovie is a 4-3 guy and Rod Maranelli would be his DC. I think The Bills seriously concidered him before he took over in Chicago. We may not get a Big Name Coach. But this could be the biggest name we can find. Me personally, I like the idea of John Gruden. I cannot see the Bills landing him, but I think he is the type of guy that would do everything and anything to make them successful. He would want to have final say in players, so Nix may or may not mesh. Who knows. It's true that we filter through coaches like water, making it crazy for a coach to feel secure here. So why would anyone want this job? Money. Let's throw the money and GM responsibilities to Gruden

Let's throw the money and GM responsibilities to Gruden

No thanks for me.

He has zero track record as a personnel guy.

It would be the Peter Principle again just like when Shanahan and Holmgren proved that they couldn't do the GM job on top of coaching. As far as I can tell, there are only about two people in the world who can be both head coach and general manager.

And I'm lukewarm about Gruden as a coach so I definitely don't want him as the GM as well.

These are my qualifications for the next coach of the Buffalo Bills,

1. Head Coaching experience on any level.

2. NFL playoff experience.

3. Must have been an OC or a HC at some point in his career.

4. Must be marketable and attractive to NFL Free Agents.

5. Most importantly a winner.

That would be Jon Gruden. Get er done Buddy!