NFL Black Monday for coaches and GMs

26CornerBlitz

we have followed pretty much the same exact formula annually for quite some time now.

coach breaks down the last game, everyone flies out to detroit on monday, every 3rd year the flight back is a little less crowded.

Exactly, I would bet something similar happened with all the other teams firing their coaches today have done too (except for them, it didn't involve a flight out to the owners home to meet).

Teams don't just call up the coach at home, or send an email saying "Your Fired". They meet, discuss the team and the season, then announce that the coach and/or GM is fired

I expect that Chan is gone, this meeting could be to discuss with him how he wants to do it, by "retirement" or Firing. I would expect Nix is safe because they don't want to start over with another rebuild again so he is safe for atleast one more season, unless he decides he is also ready to move on and retire

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nine winning seasons and playoff appearances, five NFC championship games and a Super Bowl in the last 12 years. Sounds like a coach the Bills can only dream of.

Because he couldn't win with what was supposed to be a "Dream Team", and this league is all about what you have done lately, where gnats have larger attention spans and memories then the fans

Every coach has a shelf life.

And while I think Andy Reid is an excellent ball coach there's just so much stuff that has gone on over there that Reid's departure is as good for him as it is for the Eagles.

nine winning seasons and playoff appearances, five NFC championship games and a Super Bowl in the last 12 years. Sounds like a coach the Bills can only dream of.

I'm with you, for sure. So long as he gets an actual bona fide defensive coordinator, I'm all in.

Exactly, I would bet something similar happened with all the other teams firing their coaches today have done too (except for them, it didn't involve a flight out to the owners home to meet).

Teams don't just call up the coach at home, or send an email saying "Your Fired". They meet, discuss the team and the season, then announce that the coach and/or GM is fired

I expect that Chan is gone, this meeting could be to discuss with him how he wants to do it, by "retirement" or Firing. I would expect Nix is safe because they don't want to start over with another rebuild again so he is safe for atleast one more season, unless he decides he is also ready to move on and retire

if i was forced to bet - thats roughly where i think we fall. an exit interview with chan and a "whats next" with nix, which depending on how everything goes (on both sides) may end up with him gone, but i think keeps him.

biggest concern - no one wants to coach for what might be a one year GM, as that means the guy next year could can you before you even get the name plate properly attached to the door. we will see.

Because in spite of all that, he may be the only coach in history who makes worse in game decisions and is worse at clock management than our beloved Chan. Also, Andy Reid cannot pick a D-coordinator to save his life since Jim Johnson passed.

Andy Reid is an arrogant and bumbling coach.

His teams should have been in four Super Bowls at least.

He forced the passing game with McNabb despite a lack of star WRs and let go leaders like B. Dawkins, J. Trotter for younger, cheaper players.

In recent years, he mangled the TO, McNabb and Vick situations and has refused to run the ball with a great back in McCoy in order to stick with his pass first philosophy which got Vick killed the last two years.

No one in Philly wants the walrus and I hope he goes to San Diego, not Buffalo.

if i was forced to bet - thats roughly where i think we fall. an exit interview with chan and a "whats next" with nix, which depending on how everything goes (on both sides) may end up with him gone, but i think keeps him.

biggest concern - no one wants to coach for what might be a one year GM, as that means the guy next year could can you before you even get the name plate properly attached to the door. we will see.

I never really agree with this arguement when people bring it up, if your doing a good job as the HC and your teams good, theres no reason why a new GM or Owner would let you go (unless its to give the job to a friend of his). If the caoch is bad enough that the GMs job is on the line, a firing might be a good thing

I never really agree with this arguement when people bring it up, if your doing a good job as the HC and your teams good, theres no reason why a new GM or Owner would let you go (unless its to give the job to a friend of his). If the caoch is bad enough that the GMs job is on the line, a firing might be a good thing

a new GM wants to live and die with his guy, who uses his philosophies, who he knows will be loyal to him.

if we are getting a fresh coach, and a rookie qb - a guy may hesitate to stake that 1 season as his evaluation period, potentially, if he has other options.

Andy Reid is an arrogant and bumbling coach.

His teams should have been in four Super Bowls at least.

He forced the passing game with McNabb despite a lack of star WRs and let go leaders like B. Dawkins, J. Trotter for younger, cheaper players.

In recent years, he mangled the TO, McNabb and Vick situations and has refused to run the ball with a great back in McCoy in order to stick with his pass first philosophy which got Vick killed the last two years.

No one in Philly wants the walrus and I hope he goes to San Diego, not Buffalo.

Uh, I would take his record of "failure" in a nanosecond. I feel like I am in bizarro world when I read this stuff. Did Dawkins and Trotter go on to major success elsewhere? Couldn't it be argued that Reid made them stars? Come on.

Yet another reason to fire Nix yesterday.

Fire Nix so we don't lose the guy who may be just as responsible as Nix for the drafts that everyone here hates so much the last couple years? Sounds like typical Bills fan wishes

Also sounds like last season, where they have to fire George "the worst D-Coordinator ever" Edwards for Dave Wanstache who will turn the defence around right away.......