home heater boiler [mine] catches fire

Chicago Suburb Arrests Mothers for Refusing Energy Meters

police-mother-arrest.jpg

Many opponents to the meters worry about the type of data the smart grid will collect, opening up a potential for hackers and criminals to know when residents are home or not. Also, because the meters work on a wireless RF system, some are concerned about health safety in their home.

Reports of health risks due to the meter's wireless transmitter's omission of electromagnetic frequencies surfaced in 2011. People with the meters installed on their homes reported symptoms such as headaches, insomnia, tinnitus, and DNA breakdown.

According to the

Chicago Tribune, Malia “Kim” Bendis was also arrested on two misdemeanors for resisting a police officer and attempted eavesdropping, when she filmed police on scene, despite a recent federal court ruling that the state of Illinois’s ban on recording police officers in the line of duty was “unconstitutional.” The U.S. Supreme Court upheld that ruling in November.

Good thing that they don't have anything important to worry about;

an unfair comparison I realize, but thats how the left does it, I thought that I'd give it a try.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you agree with me then. Doubt if I could have said it better myself..

:rolleyes:

Yeah... It is all about you Jim [as I wave my hand in front of my face]. You are first in line. You're a lark, a real lark...

Back to what Wacka said... They really should have "triage system" that let's important cases (like you and your tenants in the cold) jump to the head of the line. BUT, then again... Isn't everybody up there in the cold/dark? ;)

Chicago Suburb Arrests Mothers for Refusing Energy Meters

police-mother-arrest.jpg

Good thing that they don't have anything important to worry about;

an unfair comparison I realize, but thats how the left does it, I thought that I'd give it a try.

Wow... Yikes...

Jeez... Jim I'm sorry for your situation, and thankful that you were unharmed.

I'm curious however, how a thread that should have contained nothing but well wishes, prayers, insurance advice, and updates from your side wound up in PPP. I don't want to read the thread though, because I'm sure the contents, given the subject, are vile enough to make me hate most of you and never come back here again...

So can someone please give me the Cliff's Notes version?

Jeez... Jim I'm sorry for your situation, and thankful that you were unharmed.

I'm curious however, how a thread that should have contained nothing but well wishes, prayers, insurance advice, and updates from your side wound up in PPP. I don't want to read the thread though, because I'm sure the contents, given the subject, are vile enough to make me hate most of you and never come back here again...

So can someone please give me the Cliff's Notes version?

Jim : Bureaucracy sucks

EII : You pay low taxes in Alaska, you get what you pay for.

Jim: You're an idiot

EII: Purple monkey dishwasher.

TYTT--- my guess is that it morphed into a discussion about the red tape necessary and the length of time getting municipal inspections for the work. It then further morphed into the inefficiency of government in general, with guys like EIL saying if JiA paid more in taxes like he does in Illinois, he'd get better service.

Close... But this is how it got moved... By Jim's own words, he turned it political:

No. the city needs to approve the contractors plans before they can begin work. Week now and counting before the stressed overworked city engineers can glance at the plans. After all, isn't January a peak construction period in Alaska?

How do these lazy over paid government/union workers occupy their "work" days? Posting on football forums? 4 families have been without hot water for over a month now because of a grossly inefficient bureaucracy. I have to scramble to explain to renters why nothing is being done

Yet the left on PPP say I would be in good hands with government. Yet I put my self in the good hands of a evil insurance company and they are paying the bills and making things happen. The government is throwing road blocks in my way.

Purple monkey dishwasher!

EiL---Allstate, laughing all the way to the bank over having to pay that claim.

No. Smiling. That they didn't have to pay a claim on a dead Jim and a few tenants... And now that it is up to code... Probably never will have to pay another claim.

TYTT--- my guess is that it morphed into a discussion about the red tape necessary and the length of time getting municipal inspections for the work. It then further morphed into the inefficiency of government in general, with guys like EIL saying if JiA paid more in taxes like he does in Illinois, he'd get better service.

Nice embellishment. Show me where I said that. Oh, that's right... You can't.

What I find humorous are the guys that piss and moan about gov't, want bang up service but, cry and whine when their taxes go up to hire more people. Typical "give me the world" BS... In Jim's and other's simpleton worlds... Everybody is sitting around filling out inter-office Super Bowl pools, drinking coffee and shooting the sh*t while they laugh that they are taking 2 weeks to finally get to a 5 minute inspection. LoL...

4 families and 4300 bucks in taxes later... What's that? Just over a grand a family? How many tenants are children and attend public schools? Hopefully ZERO. Then this schmuck wants a stable of gov't inspectors and engineers at his immediate disposal... LoL...

I feel bad that things were not so up to code that a fire broke out... But come on, complaining how gov't won't jump (because there probably can't) is not one of his problems...

I smell BS and it is not coming from one of the lower 48 in this pissing contest.

Nice embellishment. Show me where I said that. Oh, that's right... You can't.

What I find humorous are the guys that piss and moan about gov't, want bang up service but, cry and whine when their taxes go up to hire more people. Typical "give me the world" BS... In Jim's and other's simpleton worlds... Everybody is sitting around filling out inter-office Super Bowl pools, drinking coffee and shooting the sh*t while they laugh that they are taking 2 weeks to finally get to a 5 minute inspection. LoL...

I see you woke up from your nap in the toll booth. Has it ever occurred to you that there is a reason people here make fun of you?

I see you woke up from your nap in the toll booth. Has it ever occurred to you that there is a reason people here make fun of you?

Stick to the issue. Oh, that is right. You can't. So you resort to personal attacks. Did it ever occur to you that I could care less. Like I said, he turned it political and I fired back... So what. Tell us a little bit about yourself? Oh, that is right... You don't have the balls to. :-)

Same old typical conservative blame game... Gov't bad shtick! 4 families are out of hot water for a month because of the lazy, overpaid, union gov't engineers! No, not because a failed aluminum gas fitting and the subsequent fire that it caused. Something caused that Al fitting to fail... And there are very specific rules for Al natural gas tubing... Operating pressure, where it can be utilized (not through walls or partitions) and acceptable coatings, etc.. etc...

Gas fittings good! Gov't bad!

Like I said Jim very early in this thread... Something caused that Al fitting to fail... Thank God it didn't take your life and one of your tenants was on the ball!

Here's hoping you can finally get things up to snuff... Good luck.

Peace.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Stick to the issue. Oh, that is right. You can't. So you resort to personal attacks. Did it ever occur to you that I could care less. Like I said, he turned it political and I fired back... So what. Tell us a little bit about yourself? Oh, that is right... You don't have the balls to. :-)

Well, normally I wouldn't put any clue out there what my occupation is or where I live in Cook County but in this instance, would it bother you to know that I'm a federal compliance officer?

And remember when you asked "Does sound travel faster than light in space?" Look how far you've come...

As I retire myself from this place, I pass my mantle on to you. You are now the proud owner of "You're an idiot" and "!@#$ing moron." Use them wisely.