home heater boiler [mine] catches fire

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one have this happen? mine caught fire Sat. night. bad it burned out the plywood floor and the joists under it . It sits in attached utility room[picture a attached garage]. What are your experiences with this? The adjuster will be here 12/26 and want to know If he is full of crap on his reason this happened.

Is it a steam boiler or a hot water boiler?

What kind of fuel does it use?

I know from a zoning perspective that many places require a concrete or similar floor underneath a boiler.

Hot water. NG. FD inspected and approved the boiler room in 2009.

One more question. Is the boiler for baseboard heaters, radiators, are a radiant floor.

Also, do you know what the setpoint was for the boiler?

No. Might have to move the grow lights though;.

Okay. So basically the grow lights started the fire and you're trying to blame it on the boiler?

:)

One more question. Is the boiler for baseboard heaters, radiators, are a radiant floor.

Also, do you know what the setpoint was for the boiler?

Baseboard. 180 degrees.

Okay. So basically the grow lights started the fire and you're trying to blame it on the boiler?

Legal in Alaska up to 24 plants :thumbsup:

:)

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Just be careful on what you sign up for. My understanding from some recent arcticles is that Congress/Whitehouse is preparing to put additional "pollution" taxes on boilers. Do some research before you replace or let the insurance company replace with one which could have long term financial implications.

Really? 24 plants is legal in Alaska? I did not know that.

Yep. but you can possess the stuff only on your property .

Looks like I'm in good shape. Just talked to allstate and no mater what this costs I am only liable for the $1000 deductable. And they pay any lost rent till the repairs are made :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :beer: