Collin Klein - QB - Kansas State

Mel in MD

Zac Dysert would look great ni a Bills uniform...

Physically, he sounds impressive but can he read defenses? Miami of Ohio is just not same as your big time college football programs... Also the newer QB's in the NFL are more mobile.... I want the Bills drafting the best QB available with their 1st round pick...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klein has everything but the arm and this will probably keep him from being successful in the NFL.

Yes I agree he is similar to a current NFL starter and a sure first ballot hall of famer. Here is the scouting report from that guy's draft class.

"Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own."

My guess is by the time it all shakes out that Smith, Glennon, Jones, and Wilson go in the 1st...Barkley slides into the 2-3 Rd area...If The Bills take Te'o, or any other position player with their first pick it will be slim pickings remaining at QB after that...This is not the QB class of 2011 or 2012...It's thinner...Still some talent, but thinner... B-)

I can easily see 5 QBs going in the first. Right around the Combine, GMs begin going batty and start having fantasies about the year's QB crop.

Physically, he sounds impressive but can he read defenses? Miami of Ohio is just not same as your big time college football programs... Also the newer QB's in the NFL are more mobile.... I want the Bills drafting the best QB available with their 1st round pick...

He was basically the Offensive Coordinator on-the-field for Ohio having the power to change plays, and he did it a lot...He's know to have very high Football intelligence...I like the kid a lot...He makes some amazing throws at times, even when he uses questionable mechanics...I'd love to see what he can do in a year or two with NFL Coaching...He's got some major upside... B-)

I can easily see 5 QBs going in the first. Right around the Combine, GMs begin going batty and start having fantasies about the year's QB crop.

Just like Bills Fans? Myself included of course... ;)

He was basically the Offensive Coordinator on-the-field for Ohio having the power to change plays, and he did it a lot...He's know to have very high Football intelligence...I like the kid a lot...He makes some amazing throws at times, even when he uses questionable mechanics...I'd love to see what he can do in a year or two with NFL Coaching...He's got some major upside... B-)

Just like Bills Fans? Myself included of course... ;)

You are talking a team that went 4-8 (3-5 MAC) Real football program played teams like UB, Boise St, But they did play Ohio State (L56-10)....

I want a REAL QB from a REAL football program....

Just clutch enough to lose a HOME Game to Klein. And lead OU to multiple losses again

Name a single elite NFL quarterback that didn't have numerous multiple loss seasons in college? Just one. No? Didn't think so. Rodgers, no; Brady, no; Brees, no; Eli, no; Peyton, no; Ryan, no. Now, unless you're considering Andy Dalton an Elite QB that we should be shooting for (with 0 losses Senior year and one loss Junior year) your aguement carries no merit whatsoever. Personally, I'd like to shoot a bit higher than Andy Dalton, but that's just me.

Landy Jones will be the best NFL QB out of this class and we would be very fortunate to get him.

As far as Klien goes, he does not have an NFL arm, plain and simple. He's been talked about more as a TE type player in the NFL over a QB. Just enough talent coupled with tremendous heart and leadership ability to be a great college player, but not enough talent to succed in the NFL, which sucks.

Edited by Mark80

He went 7-5 in 2002 and 13-1 in 2003. Not to disparage Dysert, but Roethlisberger was more of a winner in college.

I know...But I responded to the quote "I want a REAL QB from a REAL football program...I'm not trying to compare Big Ben to Dysert...Just being a wise-ass... ;)

But they did go to the same School...Players can come from anywhere...Dysert played on a bad team...But he's a decent prospect...Put him on that Alabama roster and see what what he'd do... B-)

I've watched him for 3 years+. I don't think he's very good. Any signs of pressure and he's a deer in headlights. Everytime I see them with the ball at inside the red zone, OU inevitably kicks a FG. Looks a good college QB. Maybe I watch at bad times, but when I watch him, I'm not impressed in the least. I'd rather have glennon, nassib, manual, bray, smith, Boyd, Klein, Barkley and smith. Jmo

he definitely sucked last year but he was great two years ago and great this year, watch the cotton bowl and you see he has it.

Just clutch enough to lose a HOME Game to Klein. And lead OU to multiple losses again

Yawn, K St had the better team not QB

Is Bray any good? He gets mention periodically but generally stays below the radar.

Bray has all the physical tools in spades and his arm is better than most NFL QB, but he really needs to work on making reads, being accurate and play better under pressure.

He's a junior and if he is smart he will stay in especially with former Cincinnati coach Butch Jones taking over the Vols.

he definitely sucked last year but he was great two years ago and great this year, watch the cotton bowl and you see he has it.

I've watched OU play also, and I agree with the deer in headlights comparison.

I've been working in Oklahoma and talked to plenty of OU fans. Even they think Landry Jones sucks. I'd take their word over yours...sorry. Notre Dame was the only top defense Jones faced and look how he did. He'll put up big numbers in the Cotton Bowl because they'll be playing catch up all game.

Klein is not an NFL quarterback. However, he has value if you draft him. You can draft him as an h-back/special teams guy, and he would be your third QB so you don't have to carry a third one. Almost like Brad Smith... but not as expensive.

Bray is a guy that intrigues me if guys start shooting up the boards but he stays as a 2nd round grade. He was projected to be a top 10 pick next year if he returned. He has always had elite WRs which makes you wonder: are they making him or is he making them? He has maturity issues, but definitely has the "physical tools."

i heard hes got some decent clothes and fragrances out now

That's Calvin

Dysert is the type of player I was talking about when I said I feel one of the remaining QB's would move ahead of Barkley, and possibly even into the late 1st... B-)

I am not a fan of Dysert at all. I'm actually more keen on this draft of QBs than most are, but he's not one I like. I think the Bills have to come out of the draft with one of Geno, Wilson, Barkley or Glennon. I think at least two of those guys will have successful NFL careers. Bray and Murray are two guys I have behind those guys that I wouldn't hate if we bring in somebody that can start for a year or two while we wait for them to get more complete.

He went 7-5 in 2002 and 13-1 in 2003. Not to disparage Dysert, but Roethlisberger was more of a winner in college.

As a Miami U alum that was attending school during Roethlosberger's carreer I may offer a little extra insight. I attended probably all but one or two home games during Big Bens college career as well as a few roadies. Despite playing in the MAC and not a big conference it was pretty evident that he had all the physical tools to make it in the next level. He made throws and plays that we're unreal for a college QB and made it look damn easy. I wanted the Bills to get him bad and it almost happened. I was actually surprised at Big Ben's early success because he was seemingly a little bit of a project, and I don't think was necessarily the brightest bulb on the tree. Anyways, the team he had around him that 13-1 year was pretty damn good and we had a good coach. Since that year the program has been a little up and down with a number of coaching changes.

Granted I haven't seen near as many of Dysert's games but have probably seen more than most casual college fb fans. I will say the team he has around him pretty much blows especially on offense. I have seen him make some really nice throws down the field, in traffic, right where the ball needed to be. This is exactly the type of throw that this Bills team has not been able to make in a long time. I don't think Dysert has the physical presence or ability to improvise like Big Ben but who else does honestly? He still has plenty of size for an NFL QB, and I think his arm is more than adequate. He chucks it around a lot. From what I've seen I wouldn't mind him in a Bills uni.