Veteran players that need to be cut or re-signed in the offseason

If a new coach comes in, there will be signficant cuts. If a new GM comes in, there will be so many cuts, we won't recognize the team in a year or two.

If Ralph goes with the consistency theory, the cuts will likely be minor but the ability to re-sign free agents will be a bigger issue.

Either way, the team next year will be significantly different from the team this year.

The only three players that matter are Byrd, Levitre, and Fitz. The GM needs to find a way to retain Byrd and Levitre. A good GM would convince Fitz to rework his deal. A smart Fitz would see he would only get the veteran minimum on another team. Having Fitz to mentor a young QB an dnot beaking the bank on him would be wise.

Sheppard stays. He is cheap and young.

I would bring back McKelvin in a heart beat. We need DB's on the roster before the draft.

The rest can go including Moore.

The only three players that matter are Byrd, Levitre, and Fitz. The GM needs to find a way to retain Byrd and Levitre. A good GM would convince Fitz to rework his deal. A smart Fitz would see he would only get the veteran minimum on another team. Having Fitz to mentor a young QB an dnot beaking the bank on him would be wise.

Sheppard stays. He is cheap and young.

I would bring back McKelvin in a heart beat. We need DB's on the roster before the draft.

The rest can go including Moore.

No way does that happen.

I do not like Fitz as a starter. I have said that since day one. But he has proven he can play and win games in the NFL.

Their will be plenty of teams out there willing to give Fitz a nice deal as a back up. QB is by far the most important position in the NFL. GM's and Coaches all know this.

Unfortunately Fitz can not come back to Buffalo in a reduced role as a back up. It just would not work. Demotions are never received well and the Bills do not need that headache. Cut ties and move on.

Ok, I can agree with keeping Sheppard . Maybe 1 more year.

Thank you.

But i will agree our linebackers as a whole including coaching are pitiful.

Just a note. Who was the LB's coach last year ?

Thats right. Dave W. Kind of telling isn't it ?

Dont cut any players that could be backups. Its stupid but thats what we also do and then have no depth.

Like Merriman, we cut him bc he wasnt going to start....but he is a better backup than Kelsay. WTF? Keep him on the roster.

Sheppard and Bradham Moats and Barnett should be fighting for starting spots....as backups.

Dont cut any players that could be backups. Its stupid but thats what we also do and then have no depth.

Like Merriman, we cut him bc he wasnt going to start....but he is a better backup than Kelsay. WTF? Keep him on the roster.

Sheppard and Bradham Moats and Barnett should be fighting for starting spots....as backups.

I'm curious about your signature: why do you think Alec Ogletree is a fourth round pick?

I just laugh at this sort of thing. I mean, really, this team is a 4-6 win team. Would cutting half the team make any difference? Does winning 6 games as opposed to winning 2-3 games make any difference except for draft position? Bottom line is you aint got a chance at the big dance.

And, as long as ownership is the same, coaches, gm, players may change, but the competetive position of this will not change.

Was I watching a different game than everyone else yesterday? Sheppard seems to be the only linebacker on the roster. I never said he was a starter or the most athletic, but he gets to the balls. Here is my reasoning...Barnett is terrible, makes wrong reads and looks like he has cinderblock feet. Bryan Scott, well, no n need explaining here. I don't think Bradham is all that bad. The numbers don't show it, but when I watch him play, he scrapes and fills open holes well (but they take him off the field too oftten). Point being, shep may not be the guy in the future, but he is a consitantly solid tackler, big presence in the middle, a leader of the defense and knows how to make a read. Are you really going to scrap 3 of our 4 'starting' LB's? No way.

Barnett may also be free lancing and trying to cover for others causing big holes. There has been no accountability from the HC or the DC on the players...The players are running the asylum.

I'm curious about your signature: why do you think Alec Ogletree is a fourth round pick?

I dont really I thought he would be a 1st rounder but a few of the websites had him as later so I put him in later.

Edited by peterpan

add george wilson, terrance mcgee, to the list. Merriman may earn a spot back. kelsey, barrnet, and brian scott can retire as well we need youth. Sheppard is the worst mlb ive ever seen suit up for the bills, cant get off a block to save his life and has eddie robinson speed-slow. Bills need about 4 new lbs on the roster next year, bradham can stay because of youth, merriman because of vet, but honstly cant see any of them coming back? Morrison under new coach?

add george wilson, terrance mcgee, to the list. Merriman may earn a spot back. kelsey, barrnet, and brian scott can retire as well we need youth. Sheppard is the worst mlb ive ever seen suit up for the bills, cant get off a block to save his life and has eddie robinson speed-slow. Bills need about 4 new lbs on the roster next year, bradham can stay because of youth, merriman because of vet, but honstly cant see any of them coming back? Morrison under new coach?

Not sure why people keep saying negative stuff about Sheppard? Is he great no. Has he made more plays over the past 8 or so weeks then any other linebacker? Without a doubt. I would at least keep him as a backup, but he would start until you replace the other two LBs.

The existing linebacking corps has to be dismantled, with a whole new set for next year, and draft and sign only the linebackers that know how to play the particular defensive scheme.

No "oh he played a 3-4 in college but he should be ok in our 4-3 scheme" nonsense.