What's Worse, Being a Bills Fan, or a Lions Fan

Mr. T

Let me begin my stating the obvious: this thread falls into the category of misery loves company.

But watching the Falcons and Lions play tonight, and watching the Lions continue to fall apart this year, after fooling so many last year into thinking they had "finally" turned things around, I couldn't help but think that being a Lions fan has got to be EVEN worse than being a Bills fan.

Look at the comparable records over the last 10 years.

Lions Record / Bills Record

2012 - 4-11 2012 - 5-10 (anticipate loss tomorrow)

2011 - 10-6 2011 - 6-10

2010 - 6-10 2010 - 4-12

2009 - 2 - 14 2009 - 6 - 10

2008 - 0 - 16 2008 - 7 - 9

2007 - 7 - 9 2007 - 7 - 9

2006 - 3 - 13 2006 - 7 - 9

2005 - 5 - 11 2005 - 5 - 11

2004 - 6 - 10 2004 - 9 - 7 (Man that year seems so golden in retrospect)

2003 - 5 -11 2003 - 6 - 10

2002 - 3 -13 2002 - 8 - 8

Two main things to point out here. First - Do ya realize the Bills have 18 more wins over that time span.

Second - It would really suck to see the Bills have a break out year next year, make the playoffs, than turn around and return to the same losing team they were before. As a fan who suffers through years of losing seasons, you long to see your team finally turn it around and have at least a few consecutive winning seasons.

Bonus point #3. Any football fan knows this anyway, the Lions are one of just a handful of teams who have never played in Super Bowl.

Yeah, I know it still sucks to be a Bills fan, but at least I'm not alone....and it could be worse.

Edited by Mr. T

Ah, 2004. I think that was the only time since I first became a season ticket holder that I recieved the "reserve your playoff tickets now" letter. For some reason I held off sending in a deposit though.

This.

I'm kind of looking at the two teams at the moment. The Lions have a much better quarterback, IMHOP and certainly have a franchise receiver (Megatron) and a defensive line monster (Suh) going forward. I think we have the possibility of a franchise running back, and a very good receiver in Johnson. I hate to say it, but looking future wise at the Bills with Chan at the helm, I'd have to pick the Lions.

Bills easy! At 41 I can remember when the Bills were the dominate team in the NFL, but as Rick Springfield sang "But if memories were all I sang, I rather drive a truck", Bills and Lions both have to find ways to stop disappointing their fan base.

Easy--Bills.

Lions have made the playoffs in the past 13 years, are televised nationally four to five times a year--I've gotten one game all year in Atlanta--have a franchise QB, and a superstar receiver. All they're lacking IMO is a decent O line and RB and they'll be back in the playoffs. It appears as if A) We're going to get more of the same crap next season or B) Start over from scratch.

I'm kind of looking at the two teams at the moment. The Lions have a much better quarterback, IMHOP and certainly have a franchise receiver (Megatron) and a defensive line monster (Suh) going forward. I think we have the possibility of a franchise running back, and a very good receiver in Johnson. I hate to say it, but looking future wise at the Bills with Chan at the helm, I'd have to pick the Lions.

Stafford a much better QB?? Could have fooled me last night. Or did Fitz knock Stafford out and put his jersey on?

How about that brilliant fair catch at the 5? WTF was he thinking?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Stafford a much better QB?? Could have fooled me last night. Or did Fitz knock Stafford out and put his jersey on?

How about that brilliant fair catch at the 5? WTF was he thinking?

PTR

37-56, 443 YDS 0 Ints

Yea much better.