What Kind of QB Prospect Would You Pick?

BisonMan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our draft position wont allow us this option without making a move. That said, I agree it is nice to have that style of a QB. However, I don't want to waste a high draft pick on a role playing quarterback. I'd rather stick with fitz and beef up his supporting cast until a top tier QB is realistically available.

I honestly would rather be hung by my toenails than stick with Fitz to do anything other than hold a clipboard...He's not good enough, he never was, and he never will be...No Fitz...Please for the love of all things good...No Fitz in 2013...I'll take my lumps with any Rookie...And I mean ANY Rookie over Fitz... B-)

I guess I didn't ask this correctly. I'm not looking for a list of your preferred prospects. I'm asking if the Bills should be looking for a QB that's either a boom/bust player or a steady middling player. Given the Bills won't be able to draft RGIII, Luck or any of the other "sure thing" QBs, which kind should they look for? The Bills won't be picking #1 or #2 and likely will have to settle for a 2nd rounder. So, forget names of QBs. Do we go for high risk, high ceiling or low risk, middle of the pack type?

In other words for instance, the difference between Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick?

I say go for boom/bust then. Who really wants to settle for another game manager? And if you want that type of player why not hit free agency with someone that has already shown what skill sets they have?

San Fran has both of these guys this year and they have both played well and won games. I would get the game manager in FA and still pick a boom/bust guy (or even one in round one and in round three). I think the Bills are likely to keep Fitz as the game manager and make a boom/bust pick, especially if Chan stays next year. With a new head coach that might change.

I think from what i've seen & read along with what Parcells says is the best formula to draft a good QB Tyler Wilson is one of my picks . From what high lights i've seen of him he is a better prospect than some others, has a good arm just needs some work as all rookies do.

Of course if we would have taken a low percentage chance on a 3rd round QB last year that all the "EXPERTS" said was to small to be a good NFL QB but had a college career that would rival any college QB career we would HAVE R Wilson sitting on our side line .

But don't take a chance on him b/c he's got great accuracy & has college stats & 5 years game experience & is a leader just pass on him b/c THE EXPERTS SAY !!!

Are you implying 32 gms passed him up because kiper didn't like him? Which expert was buddy cheating off of? Perhaps instead of "because the experts say so" the better argument is "because he doesn't fit the mold"

Stop with the Geno Smith rushing myth.

Just b/c he's black doesn't make him a scrambler. He had 155 rushing yds this season. I'm coming around on the kid b/c I hear he's a football junkie & that can cure a lot of ills, but let's take him for what he is: a pocket passer.

Yea but he probably got the reputation with his -33 last year.

Wait....

Is he more of a high motor guy? Weird.

Would you rather see the Bills draft a QB with a lower ceiling and higher floor or one with a higher ceiling and a lower floor?

That is to say, given that the draft is a bit of a crap shoot, should the Bills select a player that appears will be a steady and consistent NFL starter (think Matt Schaub) or one that may have very high potential (ala RGIII) and an equally low floor (ala Vince Young)?

My personal opinion is that teams don't win Super Bowls these days generally without a superstar QB (i.e. top 5ish). That's why I think the Texans won't win one anytime soon but they will be a consistent playoff contender. I do think the Redskins have a better shot even though they are probably several pieces still away from it.

I know almost zip about college QBs this year. Given my premise, which type of QB would you prefer at this point and which college QB best fits your choice?

I want a QB with high floor and a high ceiling.

I would like to see the team draft a guy and bring in a veteran. Wouldn't it be nice to have a scenario like Seattle bringing in a capable back up that you think can start and drafting a playoff caliber rookie. But I dream--we'll likely end up with Bledsoe, Losman, and Holcomb scenario.

Sadly, those are aging into "the good ol days" the way our decade has gone.

So we're keeping Chan? -Oh, well that's easy.

DRAFT A SCRUB. Yah, i said it. Draft a BUM or sign a UDFA who our jacka$$ HC can mold into a third-stringer.

If we're going to deal with bottom-feeders when it comes to coaching, let's maintain "continuity" by acquiring athletes accustomed to underachieving.

I'm liking Joe Montana's son, Nate.

This poor kid had the terrible misfortune of being born the son of a hall-of-famer, and arguably the best to ever "do it".

He complicated things by attending Notre Dame (Like dear old Dad) Where, after walking-on to the Irish roster, he sucked his way down to third-string. After transferring to the University of Montana, he promptly picked up a DUI in June of 2011.

This young man has "issues". -Four colleges in four years! Finally, in 2012, he completes his college career with Div II West Virginia Wesleyan, where he had a decent year (2480 yds, 19 TD's, 51.6% comp.)

Come on! How cool would it be to have a "Montana" in a Bills uni? -VERY cool, I'd say.

Nate has absolutely nothing to lose, and he'll come cheap. He'll also draw lots of interest from a bored, disappointed, and disillusioned fanhood that could use a little something to get excited about. -How 'bout it, Chan? 6' 4" 220, Average arm strength.

He's not very accurate, but I'm sure Dave Lee can fix him just like he fixed-up Ftz! :thumbsup:

IMO, This kid fixes multiple problems: He energizes the fanbase, while keeping the current playoff drought in place.

Nate Montana is eligible for the draft, and definitely in need of some molding.

c'mon, he's Joe Montana's kid. -How bad can he suck?

didn't he completely disappear against good teams this year?

No he didn't but his defense was virtually invisible the entire year

Stop with the Geno Smith rushing myth.

Just b/c he's black doesn't make him a scrambler. He had 155 rushing yds this season. I'm coming around on the kid b/c I hear he's a football junkie & that can cure a lot of ills, but let's take him for what he is: a pocket passer.

thank you for that, i've been saying that for a while now. Mobility does not equal runner. Does he have mobility? Yes, is he a running QB? NO

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/488025/geno-smith

check it out, in all but 2 games, he had multiple TDs. only ONCE did he throw for under 200 yds. hell, he only had 5 games with less than 300 yds passing.

Meanwhile, the defense gave up a staggering 457 pts. That's a 38 ppg avg.

Basically, we're talking about 2 bad games that really weren't that bad.

Smith, Austin and Bailey, with a little help from the RBs were the only players worth a damn on that team

once, he had a comp % below 55%. Lowest QB rating so far this season....101.

He did bring them back with a GW drive vs FSU, a trait we have lacked. He also hits receivers in stride, an important trait Fitz also lacks.

After watching him play against FSU I was really disappointed in what I saw. He looked like he his receivers in stride maybe half the time and had trouble getting the ball where it needed to be. He checked down almost every play after he threw some terrible mid range passes and only took a few shots downfield after that. His comeback was hardly confidence inspiring after he went to 4th down twice before getting the touchdown. He did have some good throws in there but it was not what I expected to see from him and definitely made me want the Bills to draft someone else. I am watching another game of him and he does look a lot better but after watching Geno Smith play I would much rather have the Bills make the move up for him than draft Glennon.

And here's the footage

Edited by Bills Fan888

First of all the Bills are AGAIN a day late and a dollar short. Last year was definately the year to get a decent QB. Based the fact that a freshman QB won the heisman tells everyone that the quarteback coming out are not the same quality as last year. Most quartebacks coming out of this year's draft are and will be projects. I know that a lot of people like Geno Smith.Good chance he's gone by the time Bills pick anyways. I particularly like Landry Jones or Klein from Kansas State.Barkley is going to be a bust bet on it!

The Bills defense got run over by a truck this year. They need to concetrate and getting a playmaking linebacker for their first pick of the draft!!!!

I would aquire a QB in free agency or trade for one (Smith 49ers,Flynn,Hawks,Cousins,Skins)NO TEBOW OR SANCHEZ please!, Dump Fitz & Thigpen and draft Qbs in both the second or third rd. Let the rookie carry the clipboard for a couple of years and develop.