Obama takes no action on gun control;

NY newspaper removes handgun permit holder data.

Punching the bully in the nose works.

Not quite...

aaaaand...

/crickets

You small mother!@#$ers standing in opposition are meritless.

You cower from reason and logic, and you litterally tuck tail and flee from discussions centered on rights philosophy.

Come defend yourselves on my playground, or concede your point.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to your first point about the holocaust, were americans not armed at the time of the internment of japanese americans during world war ii or the taking of american indians territories?

in the event of a riot, i'm gonna be behind a locked door with a loaded shotgun, waiting for the police or military to restore order. vigilantes shooting semiautomatic weapons in the street aren't likely be doing themselves or anybody a service. and if i thought our democracy was becoming so fragile that the govt was becoming a threat to my safety, i'd move as i'd be much more likely to live out a happy life with that option than fighting a battle i'd almost surely lose. call that weak if you choose. i call it smart. we shouldn't be making policy based on paranoia.

I'm not going to address the part about Japanese internment & Indians b/c the distinctions are obvious.

As far as riots, I would lock myself in the house as well, probably with a shotgun, but also with a hand gun & semi-automatic rifle, all locked and loaded with the biggest magazines available. Hopefully the shotgun is all I would need (if anything) but this all comes down to something I learned as a boy scout: be prepared.

And why the hell would you mention going outside with your rifle in a riot? This is yet another example of you thinking up something absurd & attributing it to someone who never said any such thing.

Edited by Rob's House

Lol what a bunch of dumb asses ....

"At gun shows in Indiana, Ohio and North Carolina, a total of five people were injured Saturday in accidental shootings as people flocked to the events on what was marketed as Gun Appreciation Day."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gun-appreciation-day-five-injured-at-three-different-gun-shows-20130119,0,2727285.story

From the NYT..................................(NOT a parody)

Please Take Away My Second Amendment Rights

"Do more to help us protect ourselves because what’s most likely to wake me in the early hours isn’t a man’s body slamming at my door but depression, that raven, tapping, rapping, banging for relief.

I have a better chance of surviving if I never have the option of being able to pull the trigger."

From the comments (I agree)

Well this piece fits right in with the whole cultural movement that involves eliminating all individual responsibility. "I don't want to have to make my own decisions so the government has to."

Take responsibility for your own actions. Though you may have depression which can lead to suicidal thoughts, don't buy the firearm. It's as simple as that.

All of our current issues arise from the fact that no one is willing to take responsibility for their own actions. It's ideology like that expressed in this op-ed that harms our nation.

80?? That's about 4 times as many as I heard earlier.

Not sure what else they can do in those situations other than call in better special forces. 9-11 taught us the bad guys aren't interested in a 'peaceful resolution'.

Algeria needs some common sense gun laws, like limiting how many hostages you can carry at a time

80?? That's about 4 times as many as I heard earlier.

Not sure what else they can do in those situations other than call in better special forces. 9-11 taught us the bad guys aren't interested in a 'peaceful resolution'.

Yeah more and more leaking out. Said there are still a number of hostages unaccounted for. I think the media control here is helping with perceived damage control. As of about 8 am Monday morning EST it was 80.

Yeah more and more leaking out. Said there are still a number of hostages unaccounted for. I think the media control here is helping with perceived damage control. As of about 8 am Monday morning EST it was 80.

Hey, stop being such an inauguration buzzkill, mmmkay? People die. Get over it.

How's those gun laws working? Again, keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens and only the criminals have them.

Count as of this morning was 80 dead hostages.

Terrorists and career criminals will always have the right connections to get hold of guns, no matter what the gun laws. The dweeb who decides to massacre a load of people because he isn't getting laid enough may find it quite a bit harder if he can't just order himself a full Rambo kit off the internet.