Vick rumored to Jets

According NFL network there are trade rumors that the Jets might be interested in Vick and that he would go there if he knew he would start over "Sanchoke".

I know we are bad but man the Jets are freaking circus, those dummies would be better off trading for Fitz at least they would get a few TDs with all those ints.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According NFL network there are trade rumors that the Jets might be interested in Vick and that he would go there if he knew he would start over "Sanchoke".

I know we are bad but man the Jets are freaking circus, those dummies would be better off trading for Fitz at least they would get a few TDs with all those ints.

well, as there are no trades happening for a few months, id call the situation pretty tentative at this point.

I could see the Jets going after Vick, I don't see them going through a full scale rebuild, and I think just like Fitz, Sanchez's time as a starter in NY is done. With alot of their team veterans, I could see them bringing in Vick to try and "win now". Atleast with Vick, they shouldn't have to worry about their turnover stats going down...........................on offence

I could see the Jets going after Vick, I don't see them going through a full scale rebuild, and I think just like Fitz, Sanchez's time as a starter in NY is done. With alot of their team veterans, I could see them bringing in Vick to try and "win now". Atleast with Vick, they shouldn't have to worry about their turnover stats going down...........................on offence

Jets have rebuilding to do. In addition to being completed unsettled at QB, they have needs on the Oline and linebacker with the likely exit of Scott. They have no idea how their best player on defense (revis) and offense (Holmes) will come back from devestating injury. And even if Holmes is back 100% they don't know if hill or Edwards are legit #2 receivers.

I see Alex Smith a better fit there

He is not an option. The Jets would have to gut the team to fit his salary as they have a cap hell situation this off-season (as in they are already over the cap for next season). Alex Smith has a much higher value than Vick.

I would love Vick going to the Jets. Guarantees us at least a couple divisional wins.

I just don't see it happening. Vick is well known in the NY market from playing in Philly. I don't think he's well like or respected here. And now that he's mid-30's the argument for taking a chance on him relative to the negative sentiment is a weak one .

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack