Fitz's QB sneak on 1st and 10?

Estro

Asked in his postgame presser Fitz said they had an outside run call to Spiller and it was a bad play based on the defense he was seeing. Not wanting to burn a timeout he decided to sneak it.

Fair enough

Gailey asked about the same exact situation in his post game presser.....said, they had a pass called that wasn't a good fit based on the coverage they saw.

Not that it's a hige deal, but the QB says it was a run play. The coach on the other hand says it was a pass play. Smells to me like they're both bs'ing, and the truth of the matte ris both QB and coach ran a sneak because they both didn't realize it was first and 10.

I also found it odd that when questioned about this one specific play in the game both player and coach delved into a rather wordy prepared answer, as if they both knew they gaffed it in the game, so they got their stories straight before heading to the podiums.

Like I said with they way they played today, this play was totally menaingless, but I'm not buying either Gailey or Fitzs answer, because they're both telling different stories.

And according to my girlfriend, Chan just said the play was called as a QB sneak and Fitz didn't change the play and couldn't call a timeout (flat out said they told him not to call a timeout), so Fitz just ran it.

So both lied last night about the play to cover their asses for not knowing that it was 1st and 10 and still had a QB sneak called. This gets even more comical by the minute.

My conclusion as well.

I think it was your conclusion, my conclusion, the announcer's conclusion and everyone else's conclusion. This whole regime needs to go, so freaking tired of their lies, inabilities-not to mention their deer in the headlights look that they have 23 hours a day.

Asked in his postgame presser Fitz said they had an outside run call to Spiller and it was a bad play based on the defense he was seeing. Not wanting to burn a timeout he decided to sneak it.

Fair enough

Gailey asked about the same exact situation in his post game presser.....said, they had a pass called that wasn't a good fit based on the coverage they saw.

Not that it's a hige deal, but the QB says it was a run play. The coach on the other hand says it was a pass play. Smells to me like they're both bs'ing, and the truth of the matte ris both QB and coach ran a sneak because they both didn't realize it was first and 10.

I also found it odd that when questioned about this one specific play in the game both player and coach delved into a rather wordy prepared answer, as if they both knew they gaffed it in the game, so they got their stories straight before heading to the podiums.

Like I said with they way they played today, this play was totally menaingless, but I'm not buying either Gailey or Fitzs answer, because they're both telling different stories.

I think they had just called a time out and called this trick sneak...Chan is so sly...and the Harvard grad is so smart... They should be spys...

I think they had just called a time out and called this trick sneak...Chan is so sly...and the Harvard grad is so smart... They should be spys...

You might be on to something, maybe they are spies, they sure the heck aren't very good football coach and quarterback.

Gailey said this:

"They were bringing the safety off the edge and he could have thrown the ball outside to Stevie, but the guy had him pressed up. He ended up instead of taking a timeout or taking a delay, he ran the ball where the ball was supposed to be run by the blocking scheme. He really just kept it into that hole to try to salvage a bad play and let us play the next down."

Meaning the run was called, the alternative was the quick pass to Stevie, neither were a good call and rather than call a timeout or take a delay he ran the sneak.

Edited by Carey Bender

I love TBD sometimes. So many want the team to lose out for the draft picks and/or justify getting rid of the current regime. Here we are some of those same people are crying about the outcome of the game. This is what losing out for the picks looks like. For those that wanted it, you got it.

Brady ran a QB sneak on first and 10 last night and gained 5 yards. He saw the middle of the field open and took the easy yards. With all the things wrong with this team I hardly see this call as an example of what's wrong. It seems like a good heads up call to prevent a sure loss.

I love TBD sometimes. So many want the team to lose out for the draft picks and/or justify getting rid of the current regime. Here we are some of those same people are crying about the outcome of the game. This is what losing out for the picks looks like. For those that wanted it, you got it.

So they have been "losing out for picks" for about 4 weeks now?!

Also the play reeks of the HC & QB beleiving it was 3rd n short!

Edited by snamsnoops

Gailey said this:

"They were bringing the safety off the edge and he could have thrown the ball outside to Stevie, but the guy had him pressed up. He ended up instead of taking a timeout or taking a delay, he ran the ball where the ball was supposed to be run by the blocking scheme. He really just kept it into that hole to try to salvage a bad play and let us play the next down."

Meaning the run was called, the alternative was the quick pass to Stevie, neither were a good call and rather than call a timeout or take a delay he ran the sneak.

So...Seattle had the perfect defence...why do they not play that each down...you cannot pass against it, you cannot run without a fumble...

I thought Chan and Harvard boy were so smart they could out think everyone...all you have to do as a D it seems is stand in those positions...our guys cannot block them, Pete Carroll has found the perfect Defense...

this explanation by both Chan and Fitz is the biggest case of BS I have ever heard...They are ill prepared....

Wanny should change to the same defense if it is so good...

Well, it was a mistake, however it happened, but not a big deal. I actually think that the sneak needs to get run in unexpected situations once in a while to keep the D honest. I saw a QB do that a couple of years ago, and he went for 55 yards. Would have scored but the center (who was out in front of him) was to slow. Ran it because ther was nobody up the middle in the D. Speaking of unexpected plays, that fake punt was a beauty, ehh. (it was in Canada :rolleyes: ) Just surprised, then, that idoit Carroll didn't also run an onside kick after one of their scores!(I guess he was taking it easy on the Bills :D )

Brady ran a QB sneak on first and 10 last night and gained 5 yards. He saw the middle of the field open and took the easy yards. With all the things wrong with this team I hardly see this call as an example of what's wrong. It seems like a good heads up call to prevent a sure loss.

When Brady did it that's smart cuz he audible to it because their was no DT and the LBs where split wide with safety deep leaving middle of the field open he got like 8 yards I think.. When Fitz did it THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL PLAY and got 2 yards... I get what your saying I do and I understand it but theres two different reasons that the QB sneak was ran..

When Brady did it that's smart cuz he audible to it because their was no DT and the LBs where split wide with safety deep leaving middle of the field open he got like 8 yards I think.. When Fitz did it THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL PLAY and got 2 yards... I get what your saying I do and I understand it but theres two different reasons that the QB sneak was ran..

I have to admit, I did not see the Fitz play.