Improving lbs aside, Scott is horrible

Belicheat

Scott is NOT a LB. He's a safety that the Bills "converted" into a LB.

This burns me. ,every time the other team rips off a big run I see 43 picking his own sorry arse off of the turf. Wannys nickel with the hybrid lb/safety is garbage. You want a nickel leave 2 freakin LBs on the field, real ones then try Williams in the slot, because he sure cant play outside.

Worst group of linebackers I can remember. Maybe worse than when we had Brandon Spoon in there.

Nix has drafted a lot of linebackers over his three years as GM (Bradham, Batten, Moats, Tank, White, and Sheppard) with nothing to show for it.

Worst group of linebackers I can remember. Maybe worse than when we had Brandon Spoon in there.

Nix has drafted a lot of linebackers over his three years as GM (Bradham, Batten, Moats, Tank, White, and Sheppard) with nothing to show for it.

Bradham is going to be a solid starter. Shep is pretty good also, when those two and Barnett are on the field they do pretty well vs the run.

Bradham has shown some potential. The problem is in a defense like this, your SLB should NOT be your best LB. They desperately need someone to play MLB and replace Barnett at WLB. Barnett and George Wilson have really, really hit the "age wall" this season, IMO.

My dream fix for the D:

1) inquire with Carolina about Jon Beason's availability.

2) Sign a veteran CB to play outside, someone like Brent Grimes.

3) Switch Aaron Williams to S. Let him compete with Searcy, loser is primary backup at both FS and SS

4) Sign or draft someone to play WLB.

The amount of strong LB's the Bills have missed out on is painful. I remember last year, there were a fair amount of posters here who were high on both Lavonte David and Bobby Wagner, myself included. Well, fellow TBD'ers, we were right.

Does the staff really view Shep as having less upside than Scott? He and Barnett are horrendous. Truly believe we have some talent but wow he compounds the problems on d. Also playing man cov against scrambling qb without a spy?

The nickle package has been so pathetic all year one wonders why it's still in play.

I saw a clip of one of Wilson's TDs and thought "43 is the Mike!" uh-huh

When they play Barnett oand Scottt at inside LB they get pounded ... yet they continue to go with this crazy formation.

Shep is below average i think he is one of the guys that misses assignments. Barnett is ready to retire.

At safety Geoerge Wilson is simply abysmal. Donte Whitner looks pretty though.

Bradham is going to be a solid starter. Shep is pretty good also, when those two and Barnett are on the field they do pretty well vs the run.

You must be watching a different game than I am. Sheppard takes wrong angles and is rarely in position to make a play. Bradham has not shown enough to say he's solid, although I'd give him another chance. This LB group should be ripping it up playing behind a pair of good D-Tackles, but they don't.

Those blasting Scott have no idea what scheme is dictating this performance. Blast coaching not Scott. There is no business to be in Nickel package so much and we do it to mask our inadequacies at MLB. Nickel is for certain passing downs ad the problem is that teams audible to run it right at Scott because he has no support from his DT's who leave the MLB's exposed. Add that we don't have an LB that can scrape to save his life and you get what we are stick eith

When they play Barnett oand Scottt at inside LB they get pounded ... yet they continue to go with this crazy formation.

Shep is below average i think he is one of the guys that misses assignments. Barnett is ready to retire.

At safety Geoerge Wilson is simply abysmal. Donte Whitner looks pretty though.

I am just pissed about Whitner. We needed to hve- kept him. Nd Poz

You must be watching a different game than I am. Sheppard takes wrong angles and is rarely in position to make a play. Bradham has not shown enough to say he's solid, although I'd give him another chance. This LB group should be ripping it up playing behind a pair of good D-Tackles, but they don't.

Agreed. Frankly, they were both lousy yesterday, "Good" and "solid" must be sarcasm.

Those blasting Scott have no idea what scheme is dictating this performance. Blast coaching not Scott. There is no business to be in Nickel package so much and we do it to mask our inadequacies at MLB. Nickel is for certain passing downs ad the problem is that teams audible to run it right at Scott because he has no support from his DT's who leave the MLB's exposed. Add that we don't have an LB that can scrape to save his life and you get what we are stick eith

Part of it is our personel packages, part is the performance of our defensive tackles, but a very large part is what Scott is being asked to do. For some strange reason Wannstedt seems to think that Bryan Scott is Troy Polamalu

scott's horrendous......

is like saying Potter can't kick field goals or CJ can't block. Their primary responsibilities are not what they are being asked to do. A nickel package in the NFL doesn't involve an undersized LB turned SS. That's just not how it works. We need to just do a 44 defense if we are going to keep doing this.

Furthermore we resigned GWilson, Scott, and Merriman. Yet cut ties with Whither and Poz. How's that working out for us? Are we better off? Wilson showed a lot of promise but its risky to put that much hope in a converted positional player vs one who has played it his entire career at an upper echelon school. Pox was only going to get better, Barnett not so much. Having kept Poz we don't need Shephard and then who do draft instead...Barnett not likely coming to our team in this scenario we get a good OLB. I don't know who was available but it sure would be nice to have another guy vs whoever else we throw out there.